Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A few questions from a Napoleon Noob

TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior MemberThe Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,484Registered Users
edited August 2015 in Napoleon: Total War
Played my first MP battle in Napoleon recently, but I'm a long time Total War MP player. It was Britain Vs France with me as Britain. Some questions for you:

1. The match stopped when I was starting to win. No declaration of victory or defeat or draw or anything, nothing to say time ran out. I wondered if it was a dropped connection or something, but it went back to the lobby and my opponent was still there. What happened?

2. Is there certain behaviour that is frowned upon? I had a relatively cheap unit of infantry isolated on his side of the battlefield (came back from routing) and I was running it away from his troops and back to mine. He was complaining that I was a running noob. Is this a thing? The rest of my army was advancing...

3. Could someone explain the stars next to your name?

4. How is the general player attitude in multiplayer for Napoleon? Generally good? I enjoyed the battle and would like to play again when I have the chance. But my opponent was rather rude. I'm wondering if I should expect this a lot. I expect it from other TW games, but figured the further back you go, the more polite and experienced the players would be.

If you are interested, it will be up on my Youtube channel later today.

Thanks in advance for your answers. I will check this again though I realise it may be some time before this gets answered. :)
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
My Rig:
i7 8700k @ 4ghz
1 x Titan X Pascal
16GB 3000Mhz Ram
1TB SSD Drive
34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
Post edited by TheokolesOfRome on

Comments

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    1. It may have been a drop, but it usually says that it is. I suspect your opponent quit on you.

2. There aren't really too much stuff that is frowned upon, apart from the usual. No camping (I presume you know what camping is?), no prolonging matches like running your general around the map, preferably no spamming of units but that isn't too bad actually. Disobeying rules, but that goes for most games.

3. Stars reflect how many points you have gained by playing ranked battles. Winning gives points, losing loses you points. A person with high amount stars will have won a lot of ranked battles. It shows you a person's experience more so than their actual skill. There are plenty of players who have a decent set of stars but are really aren't all that great. Stars aren't important, except for bragging rights. :D

4. Attitude is generally good. On the occasion you will get a rule breaker, camper, or a rude person, but that seldom happens.

You are welcome to send me a friend request on steam if you wish to play any Napoleon: 19te 'Asa Gosling.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,484Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    Gosling wrote: »
    1. It may have been a drop, but it usually says that it is. I suspect your opponent quit on you.

2. There aren't really too much stuff that is frowned upon, apart from the usual. No camping (I presume you know what camping is?), no prolonging matches like running your general around the map, preferably no spamming of units but that isn't too bad actually. Disobeying rules, but that goes for most games.

3. Stars reflect how many points you have gained by playing ranked battles. Winning gives points, losing loses you points. A person with high amount stars will have won a lot of ranked battles. It shows you a person's experience more so than their actual skill. There are plenty of players who have a decent set of stars but are really aren't all that great. Stars aren't important, except for bragging rights. :D

4. Attitude is generally good. On the occasion you will get a rule breaker, camper, or a rude person, but that seldom happens.

You are welcome to send me a friend request on steam if you wish to play any Napoleon: 19te 'Asa Gosling.

Thanks for answering, that clears a few things up :)

I'll send you a friend request, sure! Note though that I don't get to play as much as I like and I tend to rotate my games a fair bit, but if we get a chance to play that would be great ::))
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    It is all good! You're welcome!
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.