The Barbarian Invasions is Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign for Total War: Attila that Will Bring 8 Totally new Playable Historical Factions with highly Historical Unit Rosters and their Cultures.This mod Have been in the Working since Total War:Attila Came out.The Goal of the Mod to be the Most Historicaly Accurate Mod from the periods:395ad up unitl the 700ad.The Historicaly Accurate Campaign map that should have been when TW:Attila came out.10-20 new Historical Factions on the campaign map. Spawning From the late 4th century up until the late 7th Century this Mod will try to recreate All the Changes in Europe,Africa and Asia that Historically Happened with all the Settled and unsettled Factions:
From the Rise and Fall of the Hunnic Empire;
The Collapse of the Western Roman Empire;
The time of The Dark Ages in Britain that the story of king Arthur went into Legend(without compromising the Historic elements and the Focus of the mod);
The Formation of the Barbarian Kingdoms of the Merovingian Franks in Gaul,the Visigoths and the Suebi in Iberia,the Vandals in Northern Africa led by Genseric, the Ostrogoths who were led by Theoderic the Great in Italy and the Formation of Kingdom of the Lombards also in Italy led by Alboin;
The wars Between the Eastern Roman Empire and the Sassanid Persian Empire in the Middle East;
The Red and White Huns attacking the Sassanid Persian and the Gupta Indian empires and the forming of their Kidarite and Hefthalite Empires of their own;
The Migration of the Bulgars, Avars and Khazars from Central Asia westwerd into Europe and Forming Empires of their own;
The shift from a Latin to a Greek Speaking Byzantine Empire and the formation of the Thematic governing system in the empire;
And Lastly the Rise of Islam after the death of the prophet Muhammad and the Formation of the Arab Rashidun and Umayyad Caliphates that Conqured Most of the known world in that Time.
B.)The 8 new Playable Historical Factions:
1.The Gupta Indian Empire
- the Guptas unified India and waged war with the Steppe Nomads that were Comming from Central Asia Like a Tidal Wave.
2. The Red Huns
- also known as the Kidarites and waged war with the Sassanid and Gupta Empires for almost 200 years
3. The White Huns
- also known as the Hepthalite Empire and waged war with the Sassanid and Gupta Empires for almost 200 years
4. the Avars
- that were part of the Hephthalite Empire and after its downfall migrated west into the Pannonian plain on the Danube.
5. the Khazars
- that were part of the Hephthalite and Turkic Empires in Cental Asia and migrated into Europe and Formed a Khaganate of their own with the Alans and other tribes.
6. the Bulgars
- who migrated 100-200 years into Europe even before the arrival of the Huns(recorded by several Armenian Chronologist from Armenia) in Europe and joined the Hunnic Confederation
7. The Magyars
- who were one of the first to join Hunnic Confederation just like the Bulgars and their Ugrian kin from the Volga Region settled on the edge of the known World in the Ural mountains
8. The Arab Caliphate (after 634ad)(work in progress)
- that spread the Words of the prophet Muhammad by conquest from the lands on Atlantic ocean all the way to China and India - and across 3 Continents.
C.)Changes to the units So Far:
- 24 reskined vanilla units for the Hunnic units to look more Historically Accurate as Sarmatian,Scytian looking and to be used by some of the new Custom Factions.
- 146 new Custom units(half of of them are similar to the Vannila units in stats.)
- 170 in total reskined vanilla and new Custom units
- 96 new custom Unit Cards in total.
- no onager units are counted.No new onager or naval units are added.Pure land units for the armies.
D.)New Factions : Info
1.Gupta Empire:new 27 custom units - with eastern cities and buildings.
1.Frozenmen - Campaign map changes/Balancing/Researcher/Concept.
2.Sebidee - Unit Creator.
3.Obiron - Art.
4.Reptilicus - Balancing/Researcher/Concept.
If you are interested guys, and you want to help this Mod to be finished faster and be more polished contact us.
The Feadback will be the most welcome,Because the Time period is So rich with Modding opportunities to get something done. how stuff can be done and with Historical Documented Events.
A)Where are the Slavs?
B)We think that there will be a Culture Pack DLC for the 3 Slavic factions that are in the game,just like we got for the Celts in Britain.If there is no such Culture Pack DLC for the Slavs we will just add them as playable and give them new Historically accurate units.
A)Why dont you ,guys Overhaul the Vannila Alans Unit Roster?
B)We think that there will be a FLC update from Creative Assembly that will fix the problem. If they dont We will do it in the Future.
1.The Barbarian Invasions - 395ad - 4 turns per year
2.The Barbarian Invasions - 410ad - 8 turns per year
3.The Barbarian Invasions - 450ad - 12 turns per year
4.The Barbarian Invasions - 475ad - 4 turns per year
5.The Dark Ages - 533ad - 8 turns per year
6.The Dark Ages - 572ad - 4 turns per year
7.The Rise of Islam 634ad - 8 turns per year
8.The Rise of Islam 681ad - 8 turns per year