Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Weird Arrow Glitch

EdenEden Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 5
edited September 2015 in Gameplay Issues
(Someone suggested I post this over here from the general forums. I'm new here so I wasn't sure where to post)

First time posting here. I couldn't find anything on this at all. I honestly don't know if this is a well-known thing or not.

But I've noticed a strange kind of glitch when archers fire. Arrows seem to fly out of nowhere and are "absorbed" by the archer unit (for lack of a better word).

Its kind of hard to describe, so I made a quick video to show what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oNUsYT8xS8

I can see it on this video as well, which suggests its not just me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplBUWwE0bA (you can see it at around 4:54)

A few things:

-Its not a result of enemy archers returning fire. I've tested it out several times without the enemy having any missile units of any sort. It seems to be a direct result of the archer unit firing (they'll loose their arrows, and then a few seconds later the arrows will start appearing out of nowhere and right into them to be "absorbed").

-Initially I thought it just happened to archers shooting from walls, but I've also noticed it when they shoot from the ground as well. So it definitely seems to be some sort of animation glitch rather than an issue with a hit-box or something.

-I don't notice it on archer units which have "longbows" such as Germanic Archers, nor crossbows. Just "short bow" units like the Sagittarii.

No mods by the way. Any info about this?
Post edited by Eden on

Comments

• CA_LunaCA_Luna Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,589
    edited September 2015
    Hi Eden ,

I'll pass this along to the team for you, thank you for the video links!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Mohammed_alhajriMohammed_alhajri Registered Users Posts: 6
    I have the same problem I need help