Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Campaign Lighting

BrynnOfCastlegateBrynnOfCastlegate MemberRegistered Users Posts: 42
edited December 2015 in Gameplay Issues
Hi!

I noticed that ever since the Empires of Sand patch, the lighting for the campaign map has not changed with the climate changes. Before, by the year 434 AD in Italy, for example, the campaign atmosphere is desolate, misty, Apocalyptic. Now, the lighting stays bright, just like at the start of the campaign; so it is gorgeous, but not how it is supposed to be! The snow line does move south with the climate changes, it is simply the visual atmosphere that is not changing properly.

This is all with previous saves, by the way; I have not tried it with a new campaign.

I hope we can get the atmosphere back on the campaign map, because I love the ATTILA campaign! Thank you.

--Brynn
Post edited by BrynnOfCastlegate on

Comments

• CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,100
    edited October 2015
    Hi BrynnOfCastlegate ,

Could i ask if you are using any mods? if you are could you give un-installing them a go to see if that makes a difference. Could i also grab a copy of your dxdiag? =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • BrynnOfCastlegateBrynnOfCastlegate Member Registered Users Posts: 42
    edited October 2015
    No, and I am updated with the latest patch from 1 October.

Here is my DXDiag. I don't get the impression that this is an error just on my system, although it is possible. Does the lighting work for you on a fresh campaign?
    edited December 2015
    Is there any info on whether the lack of changing campaign lighting has been fixed? Thank you!

--Brynn
    It seems that the lighting is still not changing in the Grand Campaign with the Age of Charlemagne update, at least when I load an old save. I want to see the Apocalyptic atmosphere back!

--Brynn
    Here are two screenshots to compare the difference. They are both from Chapter II in the Grand Campaign. The first one was taken in May 2015 and we are looking south from Segontium in north Wales. The second was taken last week and is looking north from Corinium in present-day Gloucestershire. Obviously, the first one is much darker and cloudier, while the second is still sunny, like at the start of the campaign, rather than the way Chapter II is supposed to look.

Looking through the patch notes for ATTILA, it seems this may have been a problem in the past, as the notes for the first update say "• Fix for lighting with climate change in Campaign modes". I hope we can get this fixed again soon!

--Brynn
    I wanted to provide an update to this problem. The lighting is still not changing after the Slavic Tribes update. I hope to see this fixed soon!

--Brynn
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    edited March 2016
    Hi there,
    Could you send me your save game the turn before the climate change happens? We would like to use it to test internally :)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    This one should be right before the climate change in Spring 420 AD.

Do you see the lighting change when you run a test campaign?

--Brynn
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Great thank you for the save game :) I have passed it over to the devs for you.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • biohazardbgrbiohazardbgr Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 370
    Is there any info about this problem ?
    edited June 2016
    This problem is not present in version 3.1 update . With the next patches this issue is introduced. After the chapter 1 cutscenes when attila is born the light didn`t change please CA make a hotfix for this issue.
    Post edited by biohazardbgr on
    edited June 2016
    The atmosphere is completely gone without the fog and the moody lighting.

Also there is no snowing only rain.

Slavic culture patch

Slavic culture patch

Slavic culture patch

Post edited by biohazardbgr on
  • avnj1984avnj1984 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Hi there!

I too noticed this problem with the weather effects vanishing, has this issue been addressed since the original post and might there be an update since passing it over to the developers? I love the game and hope to see it reach its potential.

Cheers