Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Help mod creators !!

Gonzalo SosaGonzalo Sosa Junior MemberPosts: 4Registered Users
edited November 2015 in Community Mods
Hi, first of all, i dont speak english, sorry if i write something weird xD.
Im working on a GOT adaptation of Attila Total War. I made a lot of units and planned all factions, edited icons etc... But im really new at modding, and i´m having problems to add the .VariantMeshDefinition files to the factions.If somebody can help i´ll appreciate.I can give you the .pack file if you need it.Bye :D
Post edited by Gonzalo Sosa on

Comments

• ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,365Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    That's not something I have done. My own mods are simple number changes and addition of unit recruitment to certain buildings. However if you download someone's mod (that has the files you need help with) and open it with PFM, you can see what they did and learn how to do it. At least, that has shown me what people do when they create mods.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • Gonzalo SosaGonzalo Sosa Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    I tried, but i dont know what im doing wrong.Thats why im searching something experienced in creating factions.Thank you for the reply!
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,365Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Perhaps you can try Total War Center. That's where the modders hang out.

http://www.twcenter.net/
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • SebideeSebidee Senior Member Posts: 3,801Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    What exactly is your problem with variantmeshdefinitons? I can help you out.
    edited November 2015
    I dont know what is exactly the problem, but when i try to add a variantmeshdefinitions file i simply dont figure how to do it. I can send you the .pack file via email if it can help.Thank you!!
  • champLoochampLoo Senior Member Posts: 145Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    easiest way to help yourself: download a unit mod that is not total **** and check out how the author has done things. trust me, this is the most comfortable way. for you and for those whom you ask for help.
    edited November 2015
    zaMoo wrote: »
    easiest way to help yourself: download a unit mod that is not total **** and check out how the author has done things. trust me, this is the most comfortable way. for you and for those whom you ask for help.
    I already did it, but i dont know what´s my mistake