Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Legendary Lord Bio- Grimgor Ironhide

Comments

• SuperbobrikSuperbobrik Senior Member Posts: 171Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Don't really think that Grimgor will make alliances or will retreat.
    That is a really difficult thing- to work with the nature of the Legendary lord, any thoughts on special ruleas and how he will play?

-No diplomacy
    -Retreat penalties
    -Huge penalties if not in fight(war) for some time
    -Unpredictable in battle if near other units

+attack bonuses
    +bonuses in achieving waagh by fighting

So, it will be totally focused on attacking style of gameplay with minimum city management or diplomacy
    Team Orcs and Goblins
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,143Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Don't really think that Grimgor will make alliances or will retreat.
    That is a really difficult thing- to work with the nature of the Legendary lord, any thoughts on special ruleas and how he will play?

-No diplomacy
    -Retreat penalties
    -Huge penalties if not in fight for some time
    -Unpredictable in battle if near other units

+attack bonuses
    +bonuses in achieving waagh by fighting

So, it will be totally focused on attacking style of gameplay with minimum city management or diplomacy

Better recruitment speeds and public order while at war, that increases by % of enemies you are in conflict with, and the reverse whilst at peace... or should I say not at war yet.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • AztekAztek Senior Member Posts: 2,028Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    NOTHING BUT WAAAAGGHH. Can't wait for his video!

Joey please make this same rule for the vampires! Only red text!

"Oh what a day! What a glorious day!"- Warboy
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Posts: 2,170Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Oh we know they'll be in the series, it's just whether they make it into game 1 or not, as AI or as playable, and this is perhaps a wee hint.
    I'd say it's easily possible skaven will be the "major race" of one the other factions, just as the elves will be another. Hell, Warhammer could easily be justified with 6 expansions, even, really.
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynPosts: 11,030Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Aztek wrote: »
    NOTHING BUT WAAAAGGHH. Can't wait for his video!

Joey please make this same rule for the vampires! Only red text!

"Oh what a day! What a glorious day!"- Warboy

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/165081-Legendary-Lord-Bio-Grimgor-Ironhide?p=1451051&viewfull=1#post1451051

:rolleyes:
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • Lestat616Lestat616 Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    blood for the blood god

green for the greenskins
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,452Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    We'z da orcs! We'z da orcs! We'z da orcs! We'z da orcs! We'z da orcs! We'z da orcs! We'z da orcs! We'z da orcs! Waaaaaaagh!
    Orcs rulez, all odhers droolz! Fear da green horde!

:D
    Don't worry.
    edited November 2015
    blood for the blood god

green for the greenskins

PURPLE FOR THE UNDEAD LORDS

VC or Riot plz Vv..vV
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,381Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    I see CA supports the World Climate conference by going Green. Get it? ;)

Grimgor Ironhide has probably the most straight forward, no nonsense TW attitude ever.
    Thou I think the people who thought that Greenskins would be a good beginner race are proven wrong at this point.
    The constant need for fighting or else trouble, will make it hard to play careful (which I image most inexperience player would do).
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Posts: 3,031Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    *Makes mental note of colours!*

So who's picking what Legendary Lord and why?!

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • PhaonixPhaonix Senior Member Georgia, USAPosts: 1,293Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Kholek is first for me, then probably Archaon or Ungrim, then either Grimgor or the other Greenskin lord. Kholek first because I love his character he's an ancient warrior out to end the world to free his people from their fate, Archaon and Ungrim because they are two of my favorite characters, then Greenskins because I wanna stomp some vampires!

Also if we do the color thing for the Vampire Counts I say there should be one exception, Izzy needs to post in green ;)
    "And you spoke of being an heir to the throne, did you not, mother? Vasusen needs no throne. He has his seat in the hearts of the common people. That is the best throne a man can ever look for. I need no other." Karna to his mother Kunti on the eve of the battle of Kurukshetra
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,452Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Grimgor! Orcs are da best! We'z got da trolls, da weedy goblins, spiders, doom divers and da best warriors in da world! No talk! No running! We fight, we win! All dat we need!
    Phaonix wrote: »
    Also if we do the color thing for the Vampire Counts I say there should be one exception, Izzy needs to post in green ;)

Dis one! Dis one knows things! Dis one is right an proppa! :D
    Don't worry.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynPosts: 11,030Registered Users
    edited November 2015

Elize. Neferata. If all are not aware why, all ought to be. ;) Probably Sigvald, also.
    Kholek is first for me, then probably Archaon or Ungrim, then either Grimgor or the other Greenskin lord. Kholek first because I love his character he's an ancient warrior out to end the world to free his people from their fate, Archaon and Ungrim because they are two of my favorite characters, then Greenskins because I wanna stomp some vampires!

Permission for exemption has been obtained already, knave!
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

edited November 2015
    Blood ever-flowing for the Counts of Sylvania...which doth scheme against mortal men in their castles of old...dreaming of the eternal servitude of their undead hordes.....
  • SuperbobrikSuperbobrik Senior Member Posts: 171Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Grimgor is first to me, Archaon second, but they are similar a bit I think, just love the lore for those characters the most.
    No Dwarfs for sure, Empire- maybe sometime in the future.
    Team Orcs and Goblins
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,381Registered Users
    edited November 2015

Right now I would choose Karl Franz. I'm a Empire Fan and Karl Franz appears to have many desire Features that I will like. Few if any other Characters have his range of mount choice (does he get the dragon?) and with his and variety of mounts he embodies the flexibility of the Empire.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Flyinpenguin117Flyinpenguin117 Member Posts: 334Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Karl Franz for my first playthrough. Empire is the first faction I want to use, and Balthazar Gelt is just too **** creepy.

Kolek Suneater for my second. SMASH THINGS WITH GIANT HAMMER!

Then it's between Ungrim and Grimgor. Ungrim has a Mohawk. Grimgor is Grimgor.

Vampires come last. Go mope somewhere else, goth kids :p
    Born to go into harm's way, come all! Ye hell or high waters be damned! No lightning, no thunder nor hurricane gale can stand in the face of his wrath.
    Be he beneath his enemy's feet or by cloud where their gaze can not go, when Leviathan rise, every last man shall shake to the core of his soul.
    edited November 2015
    Vampires come last. Go mope somewhere else, goth kids :p

Your insolence will cost you dearly, mortal! :D

Team Elize von Carstein

edited November 2015

*kicks Izzy out of the forums for a bit Skarsnik style* shoo shoo out you go
    "And you spoke of being an heir to the throne, did you not, mother? Vasusen needs no throne. He has his seat in the hearts of the common people. That is the best throne a man can ever look for. I need no other." Karna to his mother Kunti on the eve of the battle of Kurukshetra
    edited November 2015
    *kicks Izzy out of the forums for a bit Skarsnik style* shoo shoo out you go

*Returns on Hellsteed* Wind Blast is a terribly niche spell. :rolleyes:

Team Elize von Carstein

• Flyinpenguin117Flyinpenguin117 Member Posts: 334Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, yeah. Go back to writing poetry in a dimly lit room. Here's a soundtrack http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH22-xSMERQpi2xZNPkdcfJOg5fkOXwmF

On a side note, do you think there'll be console commands? I kinda doubt it, but they were fun to mess around with. If they come back, I wonder if it would be possible to spawn an entire stack of Grimgors...
    Born to go into harm's way, come all! Ye hell or high waters be damned! No lightning, no thunder nor hurricane gale can stand in the face of his wrath.
    Be he beneath his enemy's feet or by cloud where their gaze can not go, when Leviathan rise, every last man shall shake to the core of his soul.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,969Registered Users
    edited November 2015

Of course it is Aristocracy of the Night, Mannfred von Carstein himself and his legions of Nightmares, we shall bring terror and death to the lands of living, even mighty Chaos will be reduced to nothing.

Of course VC are not the only one, The Empire and Karl Franz.

The last would be Settra the Tomb King, he shall expand the kingdom of the dead and the desert will follow
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    edited November 2015
    *Returns on Hellsteed* Wind Blast is a terribly niche spell. :rolleyes:
    *Izzy runs straight into spike trap* All accordin to da plan ;)

also Izzy I'm referring to Skarsnik's special rules not windblast considering he can't use that being a goblin
    edited November 2015
    *Izzy runs straight into spike trap* All accordin to da plan ;)

also Izzy I'm referring to Skarsnik's special rules not windblast considering he can't use that being a goblin

And i'm calling you a windbag, you snotling-gnoblar mutant. :D

Are two-headed Greenskins a thing, actually? That'd be hilarious.

Team Elize von Carstein

edited November 2015
    And i'm calling you a windbag, you snotling-gnoblar mutant. :D

Are two-headed Greenskins a thing, actually? That'd be hilarious.

"All accordin to da plan" is Skarsnik's catchphrase it has nothing to do with Tzeentch
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,316Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Do not presume to have the power to command the Druchii, foolish Greenskins. Pretty interesting post, but, devoid of any substance unfortunately. Give us campaign gameplay, or you will see the dread spires of the Black Arks on your shores!
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
    edited November 2015
    "All accordin to da plan" is Skarsnik's catchphrase it has nothing to do with Tzeentch

That isn't what i'm asking even remotely. :rolleyes:

Team Elize von Carstein

• AztekAztek Senior Member Posts: 2,028Registered Users
    edited November 2015
    Manny "The Man" Mannfred Von Carstein will be my first playthrough! And then it's a tough choice between Archaon and Karl. Probably Karl if Chaos can't defend settlements cause defense is my favorite part.
    edited November 2015
    That isn't what i'm asking even remotely. :rolleyes:

...then what are you talking about? Cause having two heads is very much a Tzeentch thing and the similar catchphrase was the only link I saw
    edited November 2015
    ...then what are you talking about? Cause having two heads is very much a Tzeentch thing and the similar catchphrase was the only link I saw

I was asking if Greenskins can mutate to have or be.. "Born" with two heads. Nothing to do with Skarsnik at all. :)

Team Elize von Carstein