Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I can't run Medieval 2 Total War

juvefanjuvefan Junior MemberPosts: 1Registered Users
edited December 2015 in Medieval II: Total War
Hi everyone,
I've encountered rather annoying problem. I can't launch Medieval 2 Total War game. Game's original of course, other applications seem to work properly. Windows 7 is the operating system and the game used to work on this computer and system before. I also did some research on this matter before with no effect, that's why I'm posting this. When I'm trying to start the game I recieve an error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I am an administrator. I also tried all the obvious solutions like: run as administrator or differenet compatibility settings and when I do that, NOTHING happens, no errors, just like I didn't take any action. Task manager doesn't show any game process. Has anyone encountered such problem or have any idea how to solve it?

thank you for any help

Comments

• ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Posts: 8Registered Users
    Did you perhaps not un-install game completely when it was installed the last time?
    If there are remnants of the old installation (e.g. in the registry) the game might be confused.