Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Impossibility to play any Multiplayer campain

CappaSpadaCappaSpada Junior MemberMedionalunmRegistered Users Posts: 28
edited December 2015 in Multiplayer
Good morning everyone! Sorry to bother you with an other post (the first is here http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/162030-Multiplayer-campaign-blocked-and-quot-Waiting-for-players-quot-message. ) but I need assistance for a problem which prevents me any multiplayer campain.

After 4 or 5 turns, during the turns of AI, I and the other player view message "Waiting for players". Few minutes after we are kicked out of, whatever is the host.
This happens both with Rome 2 that with Attila and also starting several campaigns (both cooperative than competitive) or reloading the save, or start new game with any player on Steam.

I have cheked the integrity of cache by Steam, I have cleaned the chache in User folder, I have installed for three times the games and I have formated my PC (from Win 7 to Win 10).

I don’t know what to do and, honestly, I’m scared to buy next TW game, if this problem persist…
Post edited by CappaSpada on

Comments

• KauzerKauzer Senior Member Saint-Petersburg, RussiaRegistered Users Posts: 320
    edited December 2015
    Desync happends on turn 1. Host should make a save game before he push turn button, and send this save game file to you. After replacing of this file u load the game and press tunr button with out any problems.
    Time played in Attila : 804 hours
    Time played in Rome 2 : 1299 hours
    Time played in Shogun 2 : 621 hours
    Time played in Total War: WARHAMMER II : 1822 hours
    CPU : Intel Core i7 4Ghz 5960X
    GPUs : 2 x GTX 1080 Ti (Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme ed.)
    RAM : DDR4 32 Gb Corsair 2133Mhz
  • CappaSpadaCappaSpada Junior Member MedionalunmRegistered Users Posts: 28
    edited December 2015
    Hi, thanks for your reply!
    This proceudre works also when I have this problems with all other gamers?
    I'm really desperate, I really don't know what to do. I'd like someone of AC take take care of my problem...
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Hi @Spadaccino de los Tercios ,
    Could you attach a copy of both players' dxdiags to a comment for me to take a look at please?
    Thanks,
    Lexi
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited February 2016
    Hi @Lexi_CA, thank you for your answer and I apologize for the delay I'm getting back to you.
    I also apologize if I was rude in other post.

I have attached only my dxdiags report, because I don't see my friend lately, but the problem seems is mine. In fact he can play campain with any other steam users...and I still can't play with anyone...

• Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Don't worry and thanks for getting back to me.
    Your graphics driver could do with an update.
    If your computer is working slower than your friends it might cause this de-sync.
    After you have updated your driver if you still get this problem please see if you can get hold of your friend's dxdiag so we can try and figure it out :)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited March 2016
    Hi @Lexi_CA!
    I have update the graphic drivers and after we have tried few turns. When desync happens the Host send this save game to other player.

In this way we have been able to play only 16 turns, after which this solution don't work anymore.
    I attached the dxdiags report of my friend .

EDIT: ...furthermore...the game stops when the A.I is processing in the dipomatic menu...
    What internet connection speed do you both have? :)
    edited March 2016

I'm not a home to the moment and I do not have the the precise values...I'm sorry. :)

I have the fiber and my friend an ADSL.

In download I do about 9 Mega...
    Don't worry, when you are home can you get the precise up/down values of your lines please?
    You can use www.speedtest.net :)
    edited March 2016
    This is my speed test:

And this is the other of my friend:
  • Ulf74Ulf74 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Buongiorno, sono l'amico di Spadaccino, oltre a confermare i problemi da lui elencati, riporto che non riusciamo neanche a giocare una campagna passandoci ad ogni turno i save, ed in più non riesco più a giocare la campagna L'ira di Sparta neanche in single player!!!!!!!! Ho eliminato le mod che avevo, ho reinstallato il gioco ed il risultato non cambia!! Perché???!
    Potete almeno dirmi dove sono tutti i file del gioco in modo da provare ad eliminarli tutti e reinstallare nuovamente il gioco senza il rischio di trovarli ancora presenti? Grazie.

Hello, I am the friend of Spadaccino, in addition to confirming the problems he listed, carry that we can not even play a passing campaign at every turn the save, and in addition I can no longer play the campaign The Wrath of Sparta even single player !!!!!!!! I deleted the mods I had, I reinstalled the game and the result does not change !! Why???!
    You can at least tell me where are all the game files in order to try to eliminate them all and reinstall the game again without the risk of finding them still present? Thank you.
    Hi @Ulf74 ,
    We are still looking into your multiplayer issue.

If you have issues with other games please create a new thread for your issue in the appropriate section of the forums and we can help you out from there. :)
    .Hi @Lexi_CA!
    I'm apologize...but there is news on multiplayer trouble?
    ok, thanks for the tips;)
    I would just mention that while I rehearsed the Swordsman and frustrating yet another attempt to play a campaign in multiplayer, the 16 round of the campaign (the Wrath of Sparta, characterized by the continuous pass of save) we are no longer able to move forward in the game and I realized that I no longer had the ability to play IRA Sparta even in single player! Unpleasant surprise ....
    Good morning Lexi! :)
    Any news? Just for the record: last night did not allow us to do a cooperative battle, just competitive. I say this only to bring the whole series of problems that unfortunately plague this wonderful game.
    Good job!
    Hello Lexi, as always we look forward to have news about the real possibility of being able to play multiplayer :)
    You're our last hope Obi Lexi Kenobi :)
    May the force be with you!
    edited March 2016
    Hola @Lexi_CA,
    I have a doubt: it could be my Windows Registry the cause of all ?
    Hi Lexi, any news??
    Hey there,
    Spadaccino could you send me your modified.logs file attached to a comment please? Can find it here:
    \%AppData%\The Creative Assembly\Attila\logs\modified.log

Hi @Lexi_CA !
    Here are the log files of Attila and Rome2 , I have the same problem with both games
    Unfortunately we can't really offer support for any issues that are arising as a result of having mods installed,
    since it's impossible for us to debug and fix 3rd party content.

If you uninstall the mods, start a new game and still get issues please let us know :)
    Hi Lexi
    There are problems with both the mods that without.
    Indeed, they began without the mod ...
    Lexi_CA said:

Unfortunately we can't really offer support for any issues that are arising as a result of having mods installed,
    since it's impossible for us to debug and fix 3rd party content.

If you uninstall the mods, start a new game and still get issues please let us know :)

Hi @Lexi_CA, there is the log without any mods:
    Are you still having the issues when neither of you have mods installed?
    Yes, unfortunately...
    edited March 2016
    Hola @Lexi_CA , sorry if I'm repetitive but do you think that may be a problem of system registry on my PC?

For the rest...I grope in the dark...

New to solve the problem?
    We are still waiting for a solution ....
    You know very annoying not being able to play multiplayer, but most of all from the discomfort does not know why .....
    Hi @Lexi_CA , have you any news for us?

If these problems are not solved, I don't know if I should to buy warhammer...
    edited April 2016
    @Lexi_CA From your silence I suppose that we must fend for ourselves...
This discussion has been closed.