Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Attila on Linux Bug - Cannot load custom_keys.xml

DorfTWDorfTW Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 7
Hi,

Playing Attila on Linux for a week, I've noticed only one real 'bug' - I cannot load a previously saved custom_keys.xml. The files seem to save just fine, and the 'custom keys successfully loaded' dialog box opens, but the bindings in the list don't change.

Otherwise, great stuff! Don't let those mean people on the Internet get you down, this is a really solid port. Looking forward to Rome 2! :smile:
Tagged:

Comments

• DorfTWDorfTW Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    I posted this in Miscellaneous before this forum was opened, re-subbing in the right place:

Hi,

Playing Attila on Linux for a week, I've noticed only one real 'bug' - I cannot load a previously saved custom_keys.xml. The files seem to save just fine, and the 'custom keys successfully loaded' dialog box opens, but the bindings in the list don't change.

Otherwise, great stuff! Don't let those mean people on the Internet get you down, this is a really solid port. Looking forward to Rome 2! :smile:
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Hi @DorfTW ,
    Thanks for letting us know, we are now currently working on it :)
    Hoping for a quick fix.
    Lexi
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Have also merged your threads here so we can keep track of them and so other people with similar issues can refer to them :) 
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TheManFromUncoolTheManFromUncool Registered Users Posts: 1
    So 4 years later and I seem to have this exact same bug, was any fix or workaround ever posted?

I've verified files in Steam, no mods installed, no controllers plugged in and I've tried a complete reinstall of the game on a couple of different drives.

I have 6 other Total War games installed on the same box, custom keys work fine on all of them except Attila.