Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

The Next Step for Assembly Kit Needs to be Taken Now CA

2»

Comments

• Sulieman the MagnficentSulieman the Magnficent Senior Member Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    Any progress or news yet?
    Dwarf Battle cry: " For the High King and the glory of the dwarfs "
    Team Dwarves
    "
  • Sulieman the MagnficentSulieman the Magnficent Senior Member Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    edited January 2016
    Darren_CA said:

They are getting through the fixes steadily. If you opt into the beta branch you can see some changes, though we recommend you wait until the update is pushed live. No exact estimate on when that will happen just yet though.

Brilliant, that's alright, if they're getting through the fixes than this is awesome news. I hope that custom made settlements can be converted onto the campaign map because atm, it needs fixing and is essential for the LOTR, AE, Medieval Kingdoms Mod. By the way is it possible to port Rome 2 city models into the campaign map? Terry/BOB/TED should get quite a handful of updates.

I'd wait until we get the fixes. It'd be good to have some changes. Coastal battles are a bit difficult to make - they need some fixing as well. I'd say can you make a good tutorial on them? You made an excellent on land battles. They need some tutorials. And for making a siege/coastal battle as well.

Also, thanks for listening and taking the time to do this, its a lot of hard work.
    Team Dwarves
    "
  • CauselessCauseless Senior Member Posts: 364Registered Users
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?708111-Tutorial-Creating-walls-in-Ted-for-Attila

- Somebody figured out how to make working walls!

Thought you guys would find this useful.
  • Quintus_PetilliusQuintus_Petillius Senior Member Posts: 145Registered Users
    Like Sulieman said being able to transfer custom maps to the campaign map would be great... but Darren is this one of the fixes being addressed?
    Steam ID: Quintus_Petillius_Cerialis
    Steam maps
  • Doomon15Doomon15 Junior Member Posts: 48Registered Users, Cakes!
    Darren_CA said:

They are getting through the fixes steadily. If you opt into the beta branch you can see some changes, though we recommend you wait until the update is pushed live. No exact estimate on when that will happen just yet though.

Theirs yet another problem requiring attention to do with certain models in TEd at the moment , hoping its an easy fix because the problems kinda straight forward but we cant do much about it. I added this to the list already as well and the problem is that display walls and stone bridges apparently dont work and wont process when BOB finalizes the map. The errors are followed by this format:

ERROR: Height map mesh file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war attila/assembly_kit/raw_data/art/battle/land/models/architecture/global/bridges/bridge_stone_1.cs2' is missing.

This is error for Stone bridges

ERROR: Height map mesh file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war attila/assembly_kit/raw_data/art/battle/land/models/architecture/western/western fort/western_display_wall.cs2' is missing.

This is an example error for one display wall type I chose but if you choose any other type of display wall it will be this same error but of course with its model name in the message instead of this examples.

Due to these errors I checked the folders it said and found no folders but Ruins and Grounds, any other folder BOB here is mentioning is non existent and Steam wont supply the files either even when verifying cache so in order for these to work we need the files and folders BOB is mentioning so we can use these models.

"Burn the heretic,
    kill the mutant,
    Purge the unclean"

-WH40k
  • RolloSmersonRolloSmerson GermanyPosts: 12Registered Users
    Please fix the modding tools (AK). CA make good on your promises with Attila.
    I will add in my support for we do need that patch. Any progress so far and when can you confirm release?
    Team Dwarves
    "
  • Mr_JMr_J Senior Member Posts: 215Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited May 2016
    CA intends to fix Assembly Kit after Warhammer's launch. Keep calm and better gather more info about bugs.
  • Karnil_Vark_KhaitanKarnil_Vark_Khaitan Member Posts: 420Registered Users
    Would like a tool to easier to edit ships xml
  • RoastHunterRoastHunter Posts: 1Registered Users
    Mr. J said:

CA intends to fix Assembly Kit after Warhammer's launch. Keep calm and better gather more info about bugs.

Is this still true?

CA? Will the mod tools be completed?
  • chiefthanchiefthan Posts: 413Registered Users
    Mr. J said:

is this true please CA confirm this
  • Mr_JMr_J Senior Member Posts: 215Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited August 2016

Mr. J said:

Is this still true?

CA? Will the mod tools be completed?
    After WH's launch there were out 2 small updates for ATTILA so it was true but unfortunately those were minor fixes, one fixed AI siege nodes (iirc) and the second one added missing .cs2 files (like bridges and so).

So far I know, no one plans to fix or complete ATTILA's AK anymore.
    I dont know when CA fixed the highwalls but they now work. You are able to garrison units on them like small walls. That might of been fixed awhile back and I just noticed it.

The most important fix we need is to terry so the maps can go onto the campaign map.

Where are you getting your news fro Mr J?
    Steam maps
  • RiekopoRiekopo Senior Member Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    Please for the love of god fix these tools so we can get custom battle maps onto the campaign map!
    Any progress, any news so far CA?
    Team Dwarves
    "
  • Doomon15Doomon15 Junior Member Posts: 48Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited November 2016
    Just a notice out to everyone keeping up on this thread and also CA if they still are keeping up as well, I have updated the list and also set some priority problems left now since a lot of the problems have been removed and now only few remain. I advise to review this revised request now that it has been reduced and we only have just a few more steps to go for some good / decent development tools.

I myself am also going to be releasing a tutorial document for the program TEd and all the tips and tricks I have learned so I may be doing that later after I tie up some loose ends, some sections will remain unfinished though as some of the features to advise on are still broken.

"Burn the heretic,
    kill the mutant,
    Purge the unclean"

-WH40k
  • UMCenturionUMCenturion Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited December 2016
    nm
    Post edited by UMCenturion on
    That height mapping problem you listed might have to do with how the map is saved. If you have several names of the same map in the last category under save then you will get that problem. I always just save as "battlefield."
    Steam maps
  • UMCenturionUMCenturion Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited February 4
    you mentioned the walls are fixed, however, unsure of how to get them working. I am receiving crashes when loading the map in game when I export with a wall battlefield zone. Does CA or anyone plan to release any further tutorials?
2»