Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

PLEASE Mod Ireland units AOC

Paddy234Paddy234 Senior MemberPosts: 353Registered Users
I am playing the age of Britannia mod in AOC and playing as the kingdom of Aileach i united Ireland and became the kingdom of Ireland however they have so few units. Once you research all the appropriate military tech you literally have one Sword unit called The Fianna, the Kerns for Javelin, spearmen (not armoured), Horsemen for cavalry and an onager for siege. I have the Celtic unit pack installed with Attila and it gives a good variety of units much of which would still be suited for this time period. Is there any mods where you can carry units from your unit packs to AOC?

Comments

• StuieStuie Junior Member Posts: 67Registered Users
    Paddy234 said:

I have the Celtic unit pack installed with Attila and it gives a good variety of units much of which would still be suited for this time period.

Can you provide a link to that? I'd like to take a look and see how much work it would take to make AOC use the units.

• Paddy234Paddy234 Senior Member Posts: 353Registered Users
    edited January 2016
    Stuie said:

Paddy234 said:

I have the Celtic unit pack installed with Attila and it gives a good variety of units much of which would still be suited for this time period.

Can you provide a link to that? I'd like to take a look and see how much work it would take to make AOC use the units.

http://www.honga.net/totalwar/attila/unit.php?l=en&v=attila&f=att_fact_ebdani

In this link there is a large number of units here. I don't know why CA didn't include them in AOC as most are still relevant to that time period. It's crazy how few Celtic units there are in AOC compared to Attilla. I'd love these units or even new ones to be added to AOC. Thanks mate, i appreciate it :)

Also another thing i hate is that certain units have to replace each other. Gallowglasses replace the Fianna in Attilla but i'd love to always have the option for all units. Another thing the Gallowglasses replace the Fianna in Attila yet in AOC based during a later period it's only the Fianna available for sword infantry when you research them... very strange.
    Ok - I thought you meant you were using a mod. I'll see what I can do with the vanilla Grand Campaign units.
    edited January 2016
    Stuie said:

Ok - I thought you meant you were using a mod. I'll see what I can do with the vanilla Grand Campaign units.

Thank you :)
    Also just to let you know that trying the Age of Britannia mod Leinster in custom battles has a few more units available than the other Irish factions for some reason however these units are not available in the Campaign. Would love these units to be included in the campaign. Also another mod called 55 units pack add's in Fianna Spearmen and allows Kings Warband to be recruited in the campaign. A good start :)
    Paddy234 said:

Also just to let you know that trying the Age of Britannia mod Leinster in custom battles has a few more units available than the other Irish factions for some reason however these units are not available in the Campaign. Would love these units to be included in the campaign.

I'm not seeing any extra units for Leinster when I load just that mod and look at custom battles with Leinster. Are you sure you have no other mods active?
    Also another mod called 55 units pack add's in Fianna Spearmen and allows Kings Warband to be recruited in the campaign. A good start :)
    I'll take a look.