Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Attila only ever heir

MaleAmazonMaleAmazon Senior MemberPosts: 530Registered Users
It has happened to me 2 times in quick succession now that Attila only becomes heir and not ruler when he comes of age (or afterwards, not sure when it happened). This last time Bleda was king and Attila heir on legendary, last time was on hard I believe.

I am not sure of the effect on the huns, they still had super stacks but seemed kind of passive and Attila himself kept mostly to the fog of war so I never got to attack him, making the war vs huns quite a letdown (I was Geats though so maybe that was it). I am afraid I dont have a savegame.

Major bummer when you dont get to fight the Big A-man..

Comments

• inrockinrock Posts: 30Registered Users
    Did you try to kill the hunnic king, so that Attila can succced him? In my latest hunnic campaign (in december) when the first king Uldin died, one of his grandson succeded him. And he lived through the entire campaing, because I was taking care of him :blush: So Attila has never ruled.

This was after the AoC patch. Before the patch, after the death of Uldin a regent was appointed until Attila came of age and he immediately became king.
  • AkadiusAkadius Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have the same problem as of 09/03/2016 with a fully updated game. I'm running a Hun campaign and Attila is just sat there while the crown gets passed back and forth. I have started culling his family to try to get the rule to him, and while this is characteristically ruthless it is pretty frustrating, so I thought I'd check the forums first. I think I'd have to kill every male and every regent in the family to force him to be the leader.

I'd appreciate if anyone could reply with a fix so I can turn my nigh-bankrupt goat farmers into a veritable horde.
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Posts: 1,677Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hey can I have a copy of your save game to pass to the devs please? :)
    Please attach to a comment, may need to compress it first.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Nicholas_PRIMENicholas_PRIME Posts: 0Registered Users
    His father and mother died at the same turn putting their grandson as king and his son as heir and after reading around attila never becomes king. Please help as i want attila to rule, thanks.
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Posts: 1,677Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Merged threads for same issue

Save games would be a great help in looking into this :)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • EmperorGeorgiosEmperorGeorgios Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Been having the same problem. I have mods though but none of them are related to attila himself. They are just tech unit and building mods nothing else. I had to make a new campaign 2 times now to avoid this. This is my 3rd ERE campaign have not reached 420 ad where he supposedly becomes king but I still hope this time it will be ok.
  • Nicholas_PRIMENicholas_PRIME Posts: 0Registered Users
    After surveying around various sites i learnt hen the king dies while attila is heir he never becomes king and this has happened to me. I dont know if you can but if so magic me a solution please
    Merged again
  • CheesasaurusCheesasaurus Senior Member Posts: 522Registered Users
    I've seen this happen as well and I think I've got a save file showing it. I'll check when I get home.
    Rome II Campaigns
    • Completed: Rome (GC, CiG), Sparta (GC), Macedon, Iceni (GC), Suebi (GC)

Attila Campaigns
    • Completed: Franks, Sassanid Empire, Picts, Mercia (AoC), Tanukhids, Venedians, Huns, Cordoba (AoC), Suebi, Saxons, Danes (AoC)
    yes please :)
  • CheesasaurusCheesasaurus Senior Member Posts: 522Registered Users
    Got it. I've also added a couple of screenshots too. I'm playing as the Venedians.

The first screenshot shows the leader of the Huns (who is not Attila)

The seconds show the date (425 AD) and some other stuff.

The third shows Attila on the campaign map as the Hunnic heir.

The forum wouldn't let me attach the save file directly to the post, so I've uploaded it to Google Drive. Let me know if that's a problem.
    Rome II Campaigns
    • Completed: Rome (GC, CiG), Sparta (GC), Macedon, Iceni (GC), Suebi (GC)

Attila Campaigns
    • Completed: Franks, Sassanid Empire, Picts, Mercia (AoC), Tanukhids, Venedians, Huns, Cordoba (AoC), Suebi, Saxons, Danes (AoC)
  • EmperorGeorgiosEmperorGeorgios Posts: 2Registered Users
  • wardell_harlesswardell_harless Posts: 1Registered Users
    So I know its been a year but is there a fix for this. This happens in nearly every hun campaign I play, and its killing me because they are my favorite faction.
  • Insignia31Insignia31 Posts: 5Registered Users
    I am having the same problem how can I fix this?
  • Insignia31Insignia31 Posts: 5Registered Users
    I can upload the savegame if needed. The Hun's king is not even a general so its hopeless.