Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Potential Strategy to fight off the Chaos Warriors

SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 12,014
edited January 2016 in General Discussion
In a certain other thread, the topic of different strategies came up. Especially in regard to fight off the Chaos Warriors.
Now since the main topic of the Thread is something else I figure it would be worth to open up a threat for that topic as well.

I personally see 3 different basic strategies to deal with them:

1. Straight at them:
Take your Best armies and just fight them head on.

2. Attrition
Slowly wear them down, till your are ready to counter strike.

3. Bunker in
As the name suggest: build up your cities and prepare to let the WoC fall in front of your might walls.

Now this are very general descriptions of strategies, but sine we know a bit of some of the races in the game I think it is fair to speculate for more specific strategies.

Empire:
Thanks to the fact that Karl Franz spawns faster after being "wounded", assuming that you have that skill, I think a possible Empire tactic would be to send KF and other "expandable" characters/units to just slow down the CW, weaken they armies and get more time for your defences.

Orcs:
Take your armies, let them go into raiding stance of enemy territory you suspect the WoC to come. When they arrive: hit those Waaagh!!! buttons and see which race is better in spamming stacks.

Dwarfs:
Assuming that WoC don't have the underground stance, you can quite comfortable close any pass to your Karaks with your armies. And if one army has taking too many loses, you can quite well also let the WoC try to attack your Karaks, which are probably the hardest cities to attack in the game, probably even the hardest in the trilogy.

Vampire Counts:
okay, we don't really know anything yet, but they are probably good in an attrition warfare.
Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
Post edited by SiWI#8629 on

Comments

  • TrenytTrenyt Member Thatcham, UKRegistered Users Posts: 83
    Since I know very little about Warhammer lore or unit representations on the tabletop, and whether this translates into the game, I'd guess the question of how to take Chaos Warriors on would come down to how tough their units are in comparison to the other factions.

    For example, if statistically they are all round tougher then everyone else then I would surmise crippling them with attrition through agents and ambush/tactical retreating.

    Apparently they don't have any ranged capability (or very minimal) so skirmishing could be a viable option in most scenarios so your main lines would bend rather then break from a melee onslaught.

    I'm also not sure if you were after specific battle or rather more wide ranging tactics.
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    @Trenyt

    I was talking more in terms of "grand strategy", as in terms of tactic, but I think it is worth discussion that as well.

    As for the things you specific said:
    Chaos Warriors are a tough and great damage melee race with barley any notable range (Hellcannon and mostly magic).
    Skirmishing would be a very real tactical option against them.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • TrenytTrenyt Member Thatcham, UKRegistered Users Posts: 83
    I would just like to state that Archeon has only been claimed as a legendary lord of the Chaos Warriors, there by being unkillable. He has not been claimed as the purported 'Chaos invasion' leader (which I personally don't think he will be).

    As for the rest of your post there HoneyBun, you have kind of veered right off topic ;)

  • TrenytTrenyt Member Thatcham, UKRegistered Users Posts: 83
    SiWi said:

    @Trenyt

    I was talking more in terms of "grand strategy", as in terms of tactic, but I think it is worth discussion that as well.

    As for the things you specific said:
    Chaos Warriors are a tough and great damage melee race with barley any notable range (Hellcannon and mostly magic).
    Skirmishing would be a very real tactical option against them.

    Thanks for the clarification ;)

    Since the speculation is that the Chaos Warriors will be a horde faction, then their weakness lies in splitting their armies apart and hitting them with superior forces. Driving their horde into less fertile regions will hinder their income and killing their army will kill off a huge portion of their income as well. Removing high ranking generals will hurt integrity to an extent, as will harassing forces and causing troop loses.

    These tactics however all pivot on the fact that fertility of land and integrity/morale affect the Chaos Warriors in the same way as it does with the factions in the historical games.
  • jhornborg#2212jhornborg#2212 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,379
    HoneyBun said:

    I just feel so unbelievably sad that 14 years of hoping is going to see the game I have dreamed of turn in to a re-skin of the game I loathed.

    You're hurting yourself man. If you're falling into a deep depression and becoming physically cold hearing Andy Hall say the word "story", I sincerely worry about the effect of 3 more months of worst-case scenario speculation on your health. I might not always agree with you but I care about your well-being.
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    edited January 2016

    HoneyBun said:

    I just feel so unbelievably sad that 14 years of hoping is going to see the game I have dreamed of turn in to a re-skin of the game I loathed.

    You're hurting yourself man. If you're falling into a deep depression and becoming physically cold hearing Andy Hall say the word "story", I sincerely worry about the effect of 3 more months of worst-case scenario speculation on your health. I might not always agree with you but I care about your well-being.
    I second that.
    Trenyt said:


    Thanks for the clarification ;)

    Since the speculation is that the Chaos Warriors will be a horde faction, then their weakness lies in splitting their armies apart and hitting them with superior forces. Driving their horde into less fertile regions will hinder their income and killing their army will kill off a huge portion of their income as well. Removing high ranking generals will hurt integrity to an extent, as will harassing forces and causing troop loses.

    These tactics however all pivot on the fact that fertility of land and integrity/morale affect the Chaos Warriors in the same way as it does with the factions in the historical games.

    integrity may very well play a role (at least greenskins have it), but I don't think that fertility will play a role.

    Simply becasue the Warhammer world isn't really build on "plausible logistics" in terms of food.

    But I could be wrong about this.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • ladymissfit#8688ladymissfit#8688 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    Cannons

    loads of cannons in Archaons smug face.

    NOT SO SMUG ANYMORE, ARE YA!

    ...you ****.
    Chaos lords should be women

    Army painter plox
  • Warlord reaperWarlord reaper Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 673
    Chaos is have hardly Andy ranged units. Only 2 Calvery missile and he'll cannon
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,572
    Three things to add:

    Are Dwarf Strongholds really hard to atack?

    At least autoresolve in the gameplay demo showed that it was rather easy for an orc army to take a Karak. With CW its probably even easier... On the battlemap we have to wait and see. But then again what is the point? If the system is like in attila CW can simply starve you to death without any risks.
    Besides that...
    Can you really bunker with minor cities around? Lets see about that...

    Attrition

    I doubt that will work. They will 90% get a stance like the orcs to reinforce which would make attrition pointless or really hard to pull off.

    Shoot them to death

    This is a TW game and the video of dwarf vs goblins already clearly showed just how awesome shooting will be. If the CW enemy brings great elite foot soldiers just blow him to bits.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864
    edited January 2016
    The dwarfs only had like 5 units at 15% strength, and the attacking still lost a unit of trolls or something. (though that's bad auto-resolve mechanics than strong defences)

    Hardly worth writing off Dwarf karaks until you've seen them defending properly.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • jhornborg#2212jhornborg#2212 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,379
    Seienchin said:

    At least autoresolve in the gameplay demo showed that it was rather easy for an orc army to take a Karak.

    I thought the autoresolve casualties seemed high. The Dwarf garrison was badly depleted and the Greenskins still lost two entire units.

  • Setrus#7519Setrus#7519 Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,845
    edited January 2016
    Good topic, OP! :)

    First of all one might considering the chaos corruption and how it works. I remember in one article something was mentioned about the corruption making it harder to recruit for you, and my guess it'll work the other way for the corrupter...high corruption makes it easy for them to recruit. Plus, from the warriors of chaos steampage:
    "Spread corruption in the name of Chaos!
    The foul energies that drive the Chaos Warriors leave ripples that permeate any place they pass through, influencing the populace. Use this to spread dissent amongst the enemies of Chaos, creating cultist uprisings through the proliferation of dark worship. "
    We don't want that. :tongue:

    Anyhoo...

    Empire:

    Once the Empire is once more united, the craven and greedy leaders removed and the cancer within cut out, I, Karl Franz, will ideally strike at Norsca. These foul norsemen and their land is ideal recruitment-ground for any new invasion and will easily ally with such a force to descend upon us. Though the going might be hard given the nature of the land in the north, razíng these areas to the ground and salting the earth will leave our foes with nothing to gain from it when they arrive.
    Once they do arrive, I will have striven to strengthen our bonds with Kislev. We shall fight next to our brethren, which will helpfully mean that all losses and their consequences will affect them, rather than us, first.
    I shall command Witch Hunters and Priests of Sigmar to preserve the integrity of the land and keep the corruption in Kislev in check. Meanwhile, Balthasar Gelt and Lord Wismar and Leopold will take up positions along the crossings of the rivers crossing Kislev, their armies bristling with handguns and cannons. Those dark warriors will not impress our men once they're torn to shreds!
    I will sally forth though. Leading a large mounted contingent of knights, demigryphs, pistoliers and outriders, I shall strike and disappear, use the speed of our army and the cover of night to strike at solitary enemies and draw others to pointlessly pursue us. We shall strike down their light cavalry with our knights, destroy their heavy cavalry with our mounter gunners and then turn our attention to their infantry. While not as glorious as some lords wish, I shall preserve the lives of my men as gaining new troops will prove difficult on the wrong side of the river.
    And so, we shall preserve.

    Dwarfs

    The Chaos threat is spawned of foul sorcery, and as all things touched by elves, it negatively effects the proud dwarfs. I Thorgrim, cannot allow this. We shall settle all grudges with Chaos, but we shall do that wisely and to preserve dwarfen lives. We shall use the shield and pick strategy.
    Setting up a large force full of gunpowder in a Karak the foes must take to enter our territory, I shall let the the enemy break upon our walls in droves. These foolish men ignore the value of ranged weapons, we shall show them the error of their ways. Our heroes shall stand with us, ensuring no foul chaos influence will enter our land.
    Meanwhile, I command Ungrim to lead our warriors through the underground, under our mountains to strike at the chaos forces trying to invade Kislev and Empire. We shall assail the flank of this invasion and bleed them dry. No, not bleed them dry, we shall be the hammer as the humans act the anvil!

    Vampire Counts

    Any thrall worth his fangs knows that a sword cuts on both sides. Corruption is a key to these chaos invaders, so we shall strike out with our own corruption. Lets see how well these crude simpletons manage to proceed as necromancers raise hordes of zombies in their path. Lets see how well they do as we launch horde after horde of reanimated imperial state troopers and black knights still bearing the armour of the Reiksguard. Chaos thinks they are the masters of the warping energies that spawned them. I, Mannfred, will show their folly as they struggle to wade through my undead slaves while their own ability to replenish their men gets further and further diminished as my necromancers do their magic on the land.
    All hail the Carsteins, the true masters of the Empire!

    Orcs

    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
    Don't worry.
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    edited January 2016
    Seienchin said:

    Three things to add:

    Are Dwarf Strongholds really hard to atack?

    At least autoresolve in the gameplay demo showed that it was rather easy for an orc army to take a Karak. With CW its probably even easier... On the battlemap we have to wait and see. But then again what is the point? If the system is like in attila CW can simply starve you to death without any risks.
    Besides that...
    Can you really bunker with minor cities around? Lets see about that...
    Well first the Karak was under siege for a long time (otherwise the garrison wouldn't so depleted).
    If you get besieges for a long time and it is clear that they enemy doesn't storm, than you have to use the time for mobilizing other forces. So it is only without risk for the CW, when you are too passive.
    Also I don't think the AI is allowed to "autoresolve" ;)
    The minor settles do have walls as well and I see little reason why they wouldn't be able to defend themselves, granted some support.

    Attrition

    I doubt that will work. They will 90% get a stance like the orcs to reinforce which would make attrition pointless or really hard to pull off.
    I think I didn't make myself clear enough what I mean with "attrition".
    I don't mean that a army suffers attritions and loses some of its men, but that you fight a army and either destroy it or just destroy parts of it.
    Example:
    If the WoC have 30 stacks and you don't have enough to face them head on, you would simply reduce they numbers each turn by eliminating a stack or two or just heavy damage one.

    Shoot them to death

    This is a TW game and the video of dwarf vs goblins already clearly showed just how awesome shooting will be. If the CW enemy brings great elite foot soldiers just blow him to bits.
    As long you don't play greenskins (which still have better range than CW), you should be quite comfortable with shooting at CW.
    Post edited by SiWI#8629 on
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864
    edited January 2016
    SiWi I don't want to sound nitpicky but could you use the acronym WoC when talking about Warriors of Chaos and not CW?

    As you know Warriors of Chaos refers to the entire race, Chaos Warriors is just the segment of elite infantry.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014

    SiWi I don't want to sound nitpicky but could you use the acronym WoC when talking about Warriors of Chaos and not CW?

    As you know Warriors of Chaos refers to the entire race, Chaos Warriors is just the segment of elite infantry.

    I change it just for you ;) thou I will not use Warriors of Chaos, when I spell them with the full name.
    There they will have to settle with two words Chaos Warriors.
    Which while may be just a unit name, but that unit embodies them very much, in my view.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,463
    edited January 2016
    Setrus said:

    Good topic, OP! :)

    First of all one might considering the chaos corruption and how it works. I remember in one article something was mentioned about the corruption making it harder to recruit for you, and my guess it'll work the other way for the corrupter...high corruption makes it easy for them to recruit. Plus, from the warriors of chaos steampage:
    "Spread corruption in the name of Chaos!
    The foul energies that drive the Chaos Warriors leave ripples that permeate any place they pass through, influencing the populace. Use this to spread dissent amongst the enemies of Chaos, creating cultist uprisings through the proliferation of dark worship. "
    We don't want that. :tongue:

    Anyhoo...

    Empire:

    Once the Empire is once more united, the craven and greedy leaders removed and the cancer within cut out, I, Karl Franz, will ideally strike at Norsca. These foul norsemen and their land is ideal recruitment-ground for any new invasion and will easily ally with such a force to descend upon us. Though the going might be hard given the nature of the land in the north, razíng these areas to the ground and salting the earth will leave our foes with nothing to gain from it when they arrive.
    Once they do arrive, I will have striven to strengthen our bonds with Kislev. We shall fight next to our brethren, which will helpfully mean that all losses and their consequences will affect them, rather than us, first.
    I shall command Witch Hunters and Priests of Sigmar to preserve the integrity of the land and keep the corruption in Kislev in check. Meanwhile, Balthasar Gelt and Lord Wismar and Leopold will take up positions along the crossings of the rivers crossing Kislev, their armies bristling with handguns and cannons. Those dark warriors will not impress our men once they're torn to shreds!
    I will sally forth though. Leading a large mounted contingent of knights, demigryphs, pistoliers and outriders, I shall strike and disappear, use the speed of our army and the cover of night to strike at solitary enemies and draw others to pointlessly pursue us. We shall strike down their light cavalry with our knights, destroy their heavy cavalry with our mounter gunners and then turn our attention to their infantry. While not as glorious as some lords wish, I shall preserve the lives of my men as gaining new troops will prove difficult on the wrong side of the river.
    And so, we shall preserve.

    Dwarfs

    The Chaos threat is spawned of foul sorcery, and as all things touched by elves, it negatively effects the proud dwarfs. I Thorgrim, cannot allow this. We shall settle all grudges with Chaos, but we shall do that wisely and to preserve dwarfen lives. We shall use the shield and pick strategy.
    Setting up a large force full of gunpowder in a Karak the foes must take to enter our territory, I shall let the the enemy break upon our walls in droves. These foolish men ignore the value of ranged weapons, we shall show them the error of their ways. Our heroes shall stand with us, ensuring no foul chaos influence will enter our land.
    Meanwhile, I command Ungrim to lead our warriors through the underground, under our mountains to strike at the chaos forces trying to invade Kislev and Empire. We shall assail the flank of this invasion and bleed them dry. No, not bleed them dry, we shall be the hammer as the humans act the anvil!

    Vampire Counts

    Any thrall worth his fangs knows that a sword cuts on both sides. Corruption is a key to these chaos invaders, so we shall strike out with our own corruption. Lets see how well these crude simpletons manage to proceed as necromancers raise hordes of zombies in their path. Lets see how well they do as we launch horde after horde of reanimated imperial state troopers and black knights still bearing the armour of the Reiksguard. Chaos thinks they are the masters of the warping energies that spawned them. I, Mannfred, will show their folly as they struggle to wade through my undead slaves while their own ability to replenish their men gets further and further diminished as my necromancers do their magic on the land.
    All hail the Carsteins, the true masters of the Empire!

    Orcs

    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
    I'm just reading TOMB KINGS Army Book, Settra actually assembled might host and sailed all the way up North to retrieve his stolen Crown from Norseman and take revenge on them for soiling Nehekhara ,and stealing what's his by right, he was kind of defeated by Norse Warlord and decade later a Chaos Champion with his own tribe, Settra is such a badass :D Definitely Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts huzzah! :D
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864
    SiWi said:

    SiWi I don't want to sound nitpicky but could you use the acronym WoC when talking about Warriors of Chaos and not CW?

    As you know Warriors of Chaos refers to the entire race, Chaos Warriors is just the segment of elite infantry.

    I change it just for you ;) thou I will not use Warriors of Chaos, when I spell them with the full name.
    There they will have to settle with two words Chaos Warriors.
    Which while may be just a unit name, but that unit embodies them very much, in my view.
    <3
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    edited January 2016
    Well in battle:

    What WoC don't have ? Ranged firepower.

    What requires ranged firepower to counter ? Horse archer type units like pistoliers and outriders, goblin bow cav (that's probably not a fantastic option), fliers and especially ranged fliers like gyrocopters.

    That's how you can utterly crush the WoC.

    You attack them or let them attack you and always fight the battle in the open. You deplete your ammo and then retreat without casualties. If they attack you again you finish them off then, if they don't you finish them off on your turn.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

    — Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,909
    Greenskins:
    Send a couple armies north pillaging and looting to build money and waaaggh! On my way to be a buffer against the hordes in an attempt to over come them in weight of numbers when they show up.

    Empire:
    Take Norsca, have good relations with Kislev, and build some specialized armies, one focused on lots of ranged supported by an army of more mobile cavalry forcused heavily of outriders and pistoliers to skirmish and pull them appart while the artillery bombards them. With the support of Kislev's army their hordes will hopefully be defeated before they gain any kind of momentum.

    Dwarfs:
    Station a couple armies in the north providing support to Kislev against Norsca and the vampire counts. Using the underway for mobility when needed to move from pass to open ground. When they do show up hopefully the armies and Kislev will be in good enough shape to break them near Praag or on the walls of my Karaks.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

    I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • ranknfile#2065ranknfile#2065 Senior Member New OrleansRegistered Users Posts: 7,515
    HoneyBun said:

    ...
    I loathed Attila. I am not even sure it was a Total War game. But that was OK because 'who cares' Warhammer is coming. But to now find that Warhammer looks like it will just be Attila with a Warhammer skin is more depressing than I can out in to words.

    I really feel that the devs have lost their way - and I can't be alone in this.

    If you look at Steam reviews in the UK then:

    Empire = Very Positive
    Shogun 2 = Very Positive
    Rome 2 = Mostly Positive
    Attila = Mixed

    I just feel so unbelievably sad that 14 years of hoping is going to see the game I have dreamed of turn in to a re-skin of the game I loathed.

    IMO the game is getting better in every way. The AI-controlled factions are more logical - not perhaps as difficult as "all AI-factions against the player" as Shogun 2 was - but more realistic. The CAI and BAI are so good in Attila that - though I've tried - Rome II and previous games don't interest me any more. The AoC DLC itself has me not playing the GC with the improvements in AoC's AI "behavior.".

    I certainly do not feel they are going backwards in any way, shape or form. While not interested in any fantasy title before - has it been a week yet? - ... recently ... I cannot help but feel a TW Warhammer will be a vastly better game coming out after Attila than coming out with what TW games were at the time of the release of Empire. There's no comparison, and that anyone would think the series is getting worse is "interesting" to me in more ways than one.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • ranknfile#2065ranknfile#2065 Senior Member New OrleansRegistered Users Posts: 7,515
    SiWi said:

    In a certain other thread, the topic of different strategies came up. Especially in regard to fight off the Chaos Warriors.
    Now since the main topic of the Thread is something else I figure it would be worth to open up a threat for that topic as well.

    I personally see 3 different basic strategies to deal with them:

    1. Straight at them:
    Take your Best armies and just fight them head on.

    2. Attrition
    Slowly wear them down, till your are ready to counter strike.

    3. Bunker in
    As the name suggest: build up your cities and prepare to let the WoC fall in front of your might walls.

    .

    I would think that regardless of what race you're playing as there would be opportunities for you to utilize any of these at any given time. While the race you command is a factor in determining which is the best course, so too are the circumstances (relative strengths, terrain, climate perhaps even).

    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,572
    Well autospammed gamey stacks of Doom are kind of a TW Tradition arent they?
    Everyones beloved medieval 2 had by far the worst and noone even called TW a sandbox Game back then (still a riddiculous claim but I get the idea - some people like freedom in games).
    Attilas review beeing Mixed has little to do with the actual Game but with the horrific Hardware requirements and Future graphic Card BS (a Titan maxed the Game out without problems... Even my 970 does so with light struggles).
    Attila Looks maybe 10% better than rome 2 but a Computer Who could run rome 2 on high couldnt er attila fluent on low and amd processors still struggle with the Game.
    As a Game attila fails again in the "fair challenge" Department and the AI poses no threat at all or steamrolls you and the battles still feel a little bit off.
    Besides that attila is a great Game and finally has a little bit more focus on campaign gameplay like politics.
    If the Game system is good for warhammer I am sceptical as well though... Seriously the Waagh as the army Integrity "reskin"... What?
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Registered Users Posts: 593
    edited January 2016
    I would think that a elite dwarf army won't have so much trouble, against a chaos army.
    I do think that dwarf elites are better than chaos warrior even though in the tt their stats are a bit worse than chaos warriors, but chosen should still be the best infantry in the game by far.

    Empire would probably struggle facing against chaos, but if you could get in some flanking charges and use outriders well enough you could just force a break. Your lightly armed troops will then be easily be able to kill the fleeing chaos warrior.

    Vampire counts just use your magic and pin and rear charges with your wraiths.

    With orcs they could also just try to outflank them (even if a rear orc general would never do that) while your orcs pin them. A goblin army would not stand a chance.

    If the chaos army have a lot of cavalry then the outflank strategy will not work.

    I think overall just try to play the moral game against chaos then after the chaos warriors break then focus on the chosen warrior.
    Post edited by Skarband on
  • kempomankempoman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 266
    edited January 2016
    Well, I could see the pin strategy working very well for the VC. Using zombies to slow them down, Though without magical support I'm pretty sure a chaos warrior will make short work agains a zombie. Also some spells like "the purple sun of xanus" will be pretty hard hitting if you group them up with expendable units.(zombies), aiming for their elite units or cav.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864
    edited January 2016
    As a Dwarf TT player I always loved vsing WoC. It felt like I had an answer to anything they could throw at me.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,572

    As a Dwarf TT player I always loved vsing WoC. It felt like I had an answer to anything they could throw at me.

    Since 8th edition dwarfs definitly are very good against WoC.
    In all earlier Editions it was pretty different. With less atacks, no hitting back, auto break from fear, no Steadfast for Ranked units and guessing for war machines the dwarfs didnt have it easy.
    A charge from Mark of khorne Chaos knights could pretty much Devaste any dwarf unit.

    Nowadays 5 khorne knights might even get destroyed by a block of 2 handed weapon wearing crossbow dwarfs... Lol
  • bronhomsbronhoms Registered Users Posts: 1,332
    Seienchin said:


    Nowadays 5 khorne knights might even get destroyed by a block of 2 handed weapon wearing crossbow dwarfs... Lol

    Now you're just underestimating them. I play them regularly, and while the crossbows are annoying (as they can pluck off a knight with shooting, they're nothing in melee. Never lost a fight with my khorne knights in melee, provided they get there of course - which they don't. So skullcrushers are always a better choice, more wounds mean less chance of losing one before melee.

Sign In or Register to comment.