Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

MEDIEVAL: TOTAL WAR - NEW PATCH LIVE! 11/01/2016

Darren_CADarren_CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 295Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!
Hi everyone,

We have just released the latest patch for Medieval: Total War!

A pretty small update in response to some feedback we got on the forums, this patch fixes the following issue:

• Improved compatibility with Windows 10 - Fixed a bug where Campaign menus were not displayed or flickered

If you find any issues or problems, please let us know in this thread.

Enjoy!

Comments

• AlexandroAlexandro Senior Member Zu Lai Temple againPosts: 1,312Registered Users
    Still not working.
    Crash file attached.
  • AlexandroAlexandro Senior Member Zu Lai Temple againPosts: 1,312Registered Users
    one more error file.

• raptors15jjraptors15jj Posts: 2Registered Users
    Darren_CA said:

Hi everyone,

We have just released the latest patch for Medieval: Total War!

A pretty small update in response to some feedback we got on the forums, this patch fixes the following issue:

• Improved compatibility with Windows 10 - Fixed a bug where Campaign menus were not displayed or flickered

If you find any issues or problems, please let us know in this thread.

Enjoy!

I'm having an issue with the game crashing after the opening cinematic, before you get to the menu screen. I found the following error logs in the steamapps files. I can post dxdiag if needed.

Thanks for your help,

Raptor

• johnFENDERjohnFENDER Posts: 4Registered Users
    So great to see this game fixed after long month... I will buy it again :)
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • CromwellCromwell Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    Where is the link for this patch? I can't get past the brown CA/Sega screen.
  • patsfan1787patsfan1787 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I bought mtw on steam but, at about year 1120 I crash when the ai is "taking moves". I've tried running different compatibility modes and get the same result. I really love this game but it's frustrating I can't do a campaign without crashing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.
  • AgeAge Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    Where is it and does this help with the loading issues in Win. 7 with MTWVI?i can't play it as it won't load.
  • AgeAge Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    Where is the link and does this work for the disk version of MTWVI?

TY.
  • StaziStazi Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    There is no link. It only downloads via Steam if you bought steam version. BTW the game works flowlessly in Win 7 IF you have right GPU.

ATI/AMD - 99% chance MTW will work.
    NVIDIA - 50/50. You cam expect some issues.
    Intel and others WTF GPUs - only a miracle can help you.

This hasn't changed since first release in 2002.
  • stillingamestillingame Posts: 2Registered Users
    For those who can not start MTW1 using W7: There is a serious issue with a Microsoft Security update from 2015.
    Look for update KB3086255. Uninstall this update and MTW1 will have it's wings back.
  • Elkantar1981Elkantar1981 Senior Member Posts: 487Registered Users
    Can't get it to run with my Win 10 6700k I7, 980gtx spec pc or 980ti, sadly not even on my old laptop with windows xp sp3, sis mirage 3 m672. funny thing is grafics card not supported error, yeahh when there was a software mode GJ.
  • hanswolfhanswolf Posts: 1Registered Users
    hi i have total war medieval gold edition on cd i cant run it on windows 10 is there a way to download the patch for the cd version or is this patch just for the steam version?
  • gorka_gianigorka_giani Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi!! were is the link for the patche?? I am new and I can´t find it!!

Thanks!!!