Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

HELP: RTW Windows issue?

cannae216cannae216 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi everyone

Ok I am sure members have had similar issues but I needed to create a new post so I can get some direction and solutions. I have spent practically all day reading going through blogs, faq's, forums youtube and still I dont know what the issue is. Is it simply a compatibility problem??

I have installed RTW DVD-ROM disc version however I am running into all sorts of problems and do not know what to do. I have searched the internet and realized I am not the only one but aswell there are many different issues regarding this version of Windows and this game.

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
DirectX Version: 11.2

> Installed game > installation successful.
> Launch game > Run as administrator> click "yes" > Nothing happens.
> Properties > Selected Windows XP (SP3) > Still nothing

I have read about this "-ne" next to .exe in the shortcut but am unsure how to do it as when I do it states its invalid and wont let me edit.

Please give me some solutions and explanations as to why it is so complicated I mean all this time I have wasted just to get this game up and running. I ask to if you can explain in simple terms