Adorbs

Samurai Ronin e Loan Sword Ashigaru, are they in the game ?

PagganusPagganus Junior MemberPosts: 11Registered Users
edited April 2011 in Total War: Shogun 2
Hi all, id like to know if those two units or types of unit are in the game, i know that the samurai ronin are supose to show only as a dilema, but i never got it, no matter how many big clans get fried around me, and the loan sword ashigaru i am clueless how to got those, thankx
Post edited by Pagganus on

Comments

• ShinkoshaShinkosha Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Also not sure. I see them in the encyclopedia but have never encountered them.
  • SepukiSepuki Senior Member Posts: 252Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Loan Sword Ashigaru is only avalable in multiplayer.

Samurai Ronin not available in single player and not sure if it is in multiplayer... I've yet to unlock some units there.

Edit: I just ran into this

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/16661-Recruiting-Ronin
  • Bandit17Bandit17 Senior Member Posts: 448Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    I have seen the ai with samurai ronin but have never been able to get them myself. It was in an Ikko Ikki rebel stack where Ive seen them.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on Earth... -Bertrand Russell
  • selderselder Junior Member Posts: 28Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    if you incite rebellion sometimes they appear as rebel, then bribe them into your own army. I have only seen ronin yari
  • Bandit17Bandit17 Senior Member Posts: 448Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Selder, you make a good point. To make a correction in my previous post what I had seen were yari ronin as well. They were accompanied by Nagatina Monk Cavalry. Pretty scary stuff when all I had was a green peasant army!
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on Earth... -Bertrand Russell
  • GuardianOfBlindGuardianOfBlind Senior Member Posts: 947Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    I once got message asking me if I want to accept hiring Ronin, quite similar as the one you get for generals. So they are definitely in SP.

But I fail to see the point, they have basically the same stats and everything as Katana Samurai
  • PagganusPagganus Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the info guys, going to see if i can bribe some of then :)