Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What World Mod would you wanna Play?

Striker345ifyStriker345ify Registered Users Posts: 96
HI GUYS.

I was never really into the previous world mods like Third Age or the Warhammer Mod for Medieval 2, but now with Total War Warhammer coming out in just 3 months I feel like I will be glad to have my game modded as now there is a lot more one can do in this engine (Single Lords, Adventures, Agents taking part in battle, Dragons, Giants, Giant Spiders and a ton of diversity~).
I know Creative Assembly has withdrawn Mod support but C'mon, when has that ever stopped people from making mods?

So these two are the ones I would like to see modded into TWW:

Dragon Age Total War:
Probably play as either the Qunari, Kirkwall or even better, the Darkspawn Horde

Adventure Time Total War:
It would be fun to see all my favourite characters duke it out in total combat, though I can see how this would be difficult to mod.

So what do you think? What World would you like to see modded into the game???
Tagged:

Comments

  • steam_164511556922ZvK49s6steam_164511556922ZvK49s6 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,252
    Can't mod the campaign map.

    Creativity greatly damaged.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

    Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

    Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • Setrus#7519Setrus#7519 Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,845
    Thedas; total war. :grin:

    Ferelden in Norsca.
    Orlais in Kislev and probably half of the Empire.
    Tevinter imperium part of Border princes, tilea and southern empire.
    Nevarra, part of empire.
    Antiva and Rivain as Bretonnia
    Anderfels as Badlands

    Yeah, could work. :grin:

    Would of course be massive amount of work. I'd certainly not put in the hours, I think. :tongue:
    Don't worry.
  • Karnil_Vark_KhaitanKarnil_Vark_Khaitan Member Registered Users Posts: 424
    always lotr mods......heavy sign!
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    Sure the campaign map will be hindering some of the total conversation mods greatly, but they could abstract things.

    Or have ideas, which don't need it.

    What is a overall popular scenario, that TW never touched?
    WW.2

    Why it wasn't?
    Well... TW doesn't have tanks*, flyers or aircraft carriers.

    TW: Warhammer will have at least two of those things in the first game. Hopefully the carriers will follow in course of the trilogy.

    Now you may say: mkay, but you don't have the real world map...

    And there my friends comes the TWIST! This wouldn't be WW 2 in our world, but WW 2 in the Warhammer world.

    The Empire would get tigers and ME262

    The Lizardmen would get Shermans and skins marines.

    The High elves could get Spitfires, Churchill (the tank) and tea.

    And so on.

    Of course, this mod wouldn't take itself seriously, but would have a rather humorous approach.

    *Thou "proper" tankwarfare will likely not included.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • mw51630#6772mw51630#6772 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,200
    It is true that Warhammer will still be moddable without mod tools, but what is conceivable is different.

    Attila has mod tools, but the closest mod to actually changing the map is Rise of Mordor, and they cannot move cities or change borders. They have only sunk land into the ocean to make the map appear like Middle-Earth.

    That said, the most ambitious mods you can expect from this game is one that changes the time period of the game to either earlier or End Times. For instance, to change the factions so that it is the reign of Magnus the Pious or during the Vampire Wars.

    That would still be very hard to do, but similar things have been adapted with unmoddable games like Empire and Napoleon. Shogun 2 also had an unmoddable map but Uanime managed to add China and Korea to it (very impressive, though he finished just this past year).

    So Dragon Age or Adventure Time is thoroughly impossible (not for custom battle).
  • mw51630#6772mw51630#6772 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,200
    SiWi said:

    Sure the campaign map will be hindering some of the total conversation mods greatly, but they could abstract things.

    Or have ideas, which don't need it.

    What is a overall popular scenario, that TW never touched?
    WW.2

    Why it wasn't?
    Well... TW doesn't have tanks*, flyers or aircraft carriers.

    TW: Warhammer will have at least two of those things in the first game. Hopefully the carriers will follow in course of the trilogy.

    Now you may say: mkay, but you don't have the real world map...

    And there my friends comes the TWIST! This wouldn't be WW 2 in our world, but WW 2 in the Warhammer world.

    The Empire would get tigers and ME262

    The Lizardmen would get Shermans and skins marines.

    The High elves could get Spitfires, Churchill (the tank) and tea.

    And so on.

    Of course, this mod wouldn't take itself seriously, but would have a rather humorous approach.

    *Thou "proper" tankwarfare will likely not included.

    Would the Dark Elves (by geography) be Canadians? And would the Orcs be the Soviets?

    I'm actually not knocking you I'm Canadian and I would follow Prime Minister Malekith to fight the Empire on the beaches of Bretonnia.
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    mw51630 said:

    SiWi said:

    Sure the campaign map will be hindering some of the total conversation mods greatly, but they could abstract things.

    Or have ideas, which don't need it.

    What is a overall popular scenario, that TW never touched?
    WW.2

    Why it wasn't?
    Well... TW doesn't have tanks*, flyers or aircraft carriers.

    TW: Warhammer will have at least two of those things in the first game. Hopefully the carriers will follow in course of the trilogy.

    Now you may say: mkay, but you don't have the real world map...

    And there my friends comes the TWIST! This wouldn't be WW 2 in our world, but WW 2 in the Warhammer world.

    The Empire would get tigers and ME262

    The Lizardmen would get Shermans and skins marines.

    The High elves could get Spitfires, Churchill (the tank) and tea.

    And so on.

    Of course, this mod wouldn't take itself seriously, but would have a rather humorous approach.

    *Thou "proper" tankwarfare will likely not included.

    Would the Dark Elves (by geography) be Canadians? And would the Orcs be the Soviets?

    I'm actually not knocking you I'm Canadian and I would follow Prime Minister Malekith to fight the Empire on the beaches of Bretonnia.
    that would be a possibility ;)
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • ladymissfit#8688ladymissfit#8688 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    full modding support would mean wonders for Hyrule: Total war.

    If only...
    Chaos lords should be women

    Army painter plox
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesRegistered Users Posts: 1,373
    If ever it was possible I would like an Forgotten Realms mod, soooooo much potential there.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,019
    edited January 2016
    Having previous modding experience on BFME2 I will likely be trying to see if i can do anything with the game. Poeple have often mentioned a LOTR or Game of thrones mod for the game due to the inclusion of Monsters/flyers. However for me the LL and overall character focus of the game (as well as their survivability on the battlefield) make me REALLY REALLY want to do a romance of the three kingdoms mod (lets call it Total Dynasty) and though there is the more historically accurate three kingdoms mod, i would like to embrace the more blured lines between fact and fiction within the historical epic. I beleive the magic system would be good fit to use for the more shamanistic characters in the tale and even the famed statagists (in this case less direct magic, more they call down an artilery barrage or some such thing)

    Ultimatly a daunting task that i have no idea of the viability (especially with no mod support) but i still keep contact with a few buddies who are in to such things and they also seem up for the challenge, if it ever ends up getting done it will be at least 2-4 years of effort but i thing it will be a thing of beauty if it ends up being anything close to what i have in mind.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

    Team Skaven

    Which team are you? Post in your signature

    Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven




  • TotalwarVetTotalwarVet Registered Users Posts: 271
    Myth the fallen lords would make a great mod or total war title
  • Rich55Rich55 Registered Users Posts: 856
    The map really needs to be moddable as I feel this game adds a lot of mechanics like hero development, magic items and monsters that would fit perfectly into some themes.

    I would really like to see LOTR and Romance of the Three Kingdoms based mods now that single character heroes are a possibility. You could even use things like the quest chains for Aragorn to get Anduril.

    This has the potential to produce by far the best mods if only the map is alterable.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,868
    Rich55 said:

    The map really needs to be moddable as I feel this game adds a lot of mechanics like hero development, magic items and monsters that would fit perfectly into some themes.

    I would really like to see LOTR and Romance of the Three Kingdoms based mods now that single character heroes are a possibility. You could even use things like the quest chains for Aragorn to get Anduril.

    This has the potential to produce by far the best mods if only the map is alterable.

    Agreed on all those points. I lost count of the amount of times I pressed square growing up playing dynasty warriors to the point of needing a new controller, if they're able to recreate those awesome characters it makes a three kingdoms mod much more desirable.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    Moddalbe map would be awesome but unfortunately unlikely.
    Since Empire, modders struggle to make great chances of the TW Campaign maps (note: I not blaming them).
    Now Rome 2/Attila got some more advance tool to change things on the map (which modify may work on Warhammer), but a convenient:
    "take a "brush" and paint a part of the ocean as land" tool, wasn't in it.

    Which means that mods, as sad as it is, will most likely rely on imagination in terms of the map, instead of the ability, to change the map to Middle-earth.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,981
    I'd be interested in a Wheel of Time mod... even without map changes it could work with a bit of imagination.

    Otherwise probably some steampunk universe with windup soldiers, ballons, mechanical constructs, werewolf, etc.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain
Sign In or Register to comment.