Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bretonnia cavalry colours

Carogna#9534Carogna#9534 Registered Users Posts: 398
In the last Rally Point it has been announced that at the end of February CA will release a video showing a quest battle between Greenskins and Bretonnia.

I'm really excited for this and it seems like there is some evidence that Bretonnia might be the FreeLC Faction.

There is one thing however which really makes me hold my breath and that is the colours and heraldy of Bretonnian knights.

Bretonnian knights all wear different colours and heraldy to represent their liege lord's house, which makes for a uniquely colourful army.

Examples:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Bretonnian-Knights-Errant-Knights-of-the-Realm

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Bretonnian-Grail-Knights

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Bretonnian-Questing-Knights

To me, this little factor is what makes Bretonnia stand out from what would otherwise be a rather overwhelming faction.

I'm not sure how hard or to what extent this can be implemented in a video game but I really hope CA is trying their best.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Team Skaven
Team Dark Elves

Comments

• ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,019
    edited January 2016
    They will likely have the traditional blue/red colour scheme as they are the king's colours.
    Post edited by Thanquol on
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• Carogna#9534Carogna#9534 Registered Users Posts: 398

They will likely have the traditional blue/red colour sceme as they are the kings colours.

I'm afraid you might be right but I hope other provinces will somehow be represented.
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • Setrus#7519Setrus#7519 Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,845
    Carogna said:

They will likely have the traditional blue/red colour sceme as they are the kings colours.

I'm afraid you might be right but I hope other provinces will somehow be represented.
    We've already seen the different dukedoms having other colours in the campaign fly-by. Pavarron had yellow on black, for example. :)

Now what they'll do for each dukedom's knights is another question. I'm expecting it to be the same colours across a unit but with different blazons, crests and the checkering of their surcoats and such within said unit. :)
    Don't worry.
  • Bart_CABart_CA Creative Assembly Horsham, UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Posts: 322
    Can't comment on the game yet I'm afraid (you'll certainly see more before release), but I've always been in awe of the Bret Knight models people put out for just this reason.

I mean, really: image

How on earth do you even begin doing that? I'm happy to have a go at painting pretty much anything, but I'd be too intimidated to even start with these.

Anyone had a stab at painting a bret army? How did you get on/got any pointers?
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Ree09619Ree09619 Member Registered Users Posts: 160
    ^Basically Games Workshop's excuse to make you buy more of dem paints :p
    "Three things make the Empire strong: faith, steel, and gunpowder." -Magnus the Pious

Bart CA said:

Can't comment on the game yet I'm afraid (you'll certainly see more before release), but I've always been in awe of the Bret Knight models people put out for just this reason.

I mean, really: image

How on earth do you even begin doing that? I'm happy to have a go at painting pretty much anything, but I'd be too intimidated to even start with these.

Those models bring tears of delight to my eyes!

As an alternative, when Bretonnia becomes playable, I think it would be really cool to have different colours and heraldy depending on the province where you recruit them. That would mean the same colour on single units but different army wise.
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,019
    edited January 2016
    Bart CA said:

Practise, patience and the decision to collect the clearly superior Skaven instead. :p
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• GoslingGosling Senior Member New ZealandRegistered Users Posts: 1,887

Bart CA said:

Practise, patience and the decision to collect the clearly superior Skaven instead. :p
    I'd say keep the first two, and leave out the last one. I'd replace it by taking some lessons at the store, or watching Youtube videos.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394
    Could it be something like the TW:K, with a set of patterns and colours, with a signal on top?

even a 10th of the choice in random selection would look amazing(although maybe not luminous pink.)
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
    grayhat said:

Could it be something like the TW:K, with a set of patterns and colours, with a signal on top?

even a 10th of the choice in random selection would look amazing(although maybe not luminous pink.)

I used to dislike pink but Slaanesh made me change my mind.
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • ladymissfit#8688ladymissfit#8688 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    Would be so great with an army-painter. Imagine your knights sporting all of your created Bretonnia colour-schemes! *hint* *hint* *nudge*

Personally, I would make the Pride-Knights. FEAR THE CHARGE OF THE RAINBOW, WEAKLINGS!
    Bart CA said:

Can't comment on the game yet I'm afraid

this appears positive to me.

Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • Luna_CALuna_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,606
    @LadyMissfit

Rainbow Pride-Knights sounds Terrifying! But i highly approve!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    edited January 2016
    I remember, back in the 80s, Warhammer 40k featured a Space Marine chapter called "Rainbow Warriors".

They were wiped out by the Adeptus Sorroritas, the Sisters of Battle as a reeeally obscure reference to the Green Peace ship "Rainbow Warrior" that was sunk by the French navy in '85.

That is all : I