Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer - Dwarfen Campaigns!

CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA AdministratorRegistered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,378
edited February 2016 in General Discussion

Enjoy some examples of Dwarfen Campaigns by some of the staff here at CA!

Here we have three images of different Dwarfen campaigns currently in progress.

As you can see, Mitch has chosen to raise territories to the south and north, and form allies with the other Dwarf territories, gaining him near 65,000 gold in his treasury with 2000 income per turn. Mitch only has 5 territories, and 2 armies, but they’re high quality and allow him to fund his campaigns.

Josh on the other hand has played much more aggressively, taking territories wherever he went. As a result he has established a long and disruptive border requiring more armies to patrol the frontlines. Armies cost money of course, demanding Josh pump more money into his economy, meaning he now makes 11,000 gold a turn, but his treasury is almost empty at the end of each turn as he is constantly paying for new upgrades and buildings all the time.

Darren has formed a strong alliance with the Zhufbar Dwarfs to the north (turquoise green), helping them capture territory early on to seal his borders to the north, allowing him to focus on the Greenskin Waaagh to the South. Progress in the south however has been slow, as the Badlands cause attrition to Dwarfen armies impeding their progress.

You may notice that the biggest difference is how unified all the factions are in Josh’s campaign. In Josh's campaign multiple factions have formed solid empires though the threat of Chaos to the North has started to spread. In Mitch's campaign, territories are more piecemeal, broken up without any real large empires forming. The full force of Chaos is in effect, ripping the Empire in two.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Dwarfen_Campaigns
Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on
Tagged:

Comments

• DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,485
    Looks like Josh is da real MVP
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    4TB NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • ZalgoZalgo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 244
    FIRST! Empire campaign next perhaps? Or possibly something darker...
  • ZalgoZalgo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 244
    Zalgo said:

FIRST! Empire campaign next perhaps? Or possibly something darker...

Okay, I was second...
  • RimgrimnerRimgrimner Member Registered Users Posts: 375
    If only there was this thing called gameplay videos....

...Oh wait....
  • Mad MacMad Mac Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 718

Looks like Josh is da real MVP

Nah, Mitch is clearly the one using Pro-tactics here. His campaign looks like tons of fun.
  • bingbangbongbingbangbong Member Registered Users Posts: 579
    Notice none of them have chosen to expand into the string of mountains leading into empire territory.

Wonder why...
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,018
    edited February 2016
    Huginn said:

If only there was this thing called gameplay videos....

...Oh wait....

If only there was NOT this thing called regional occupation.

Sigh... Still good to see some more stuff.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• BARbarian89BARbarian89 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    Josh's campaign,that green territory under the frozen sea,i can't see the same color in the other 2 campaign maps...what faction might that be?
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Registered Users Posts: 675
    Thanks for the insight Charlotte! Much appreciated!
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,761
    Oh my goodness, thank you for this! :grin:

And I'm sorry, did you say Mitch is earning 20 000 gold a turn!? :open_mouth:

Lovely thing to see and read.
    Don't worry.
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Registered Users Posts: 675
    Just for fun, could we have a screenshot of what the Dwarf Campaign Map looks like from Turn 1 for comparison? Too see how things played out more clearly and which factions went where, or even if others appeared later on.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    SO damn cool. I am looking forward to playing this type of TW very badly! Thanks for the info. I love these little bits of info. Keeps us satiated... haha
  • bingbangbongbingbangbong Member Registered Users Posts: 579
    Lots less razing than in Al's VC campaign, although I suppose he was 200 turns further in. Got to wonder if it was him or the AI burning everything in sight.

• CoveredfiresCoveredfires Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,100

Josh's campaign,that green territory under the frozen sea,i can't see the same color in the other 2 campaign maps...what faction might that be?

There is a dwarf faction up there, that is probably what it is.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• CoveredfiresCoveredfires Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2016
    I'm not hating or anything..but, does nobody else think this Campaign map is really small? Compared to Rome II or Attila it just looks small. I feel like Campaigns will be much shorter, because of the Regional system, than previous Total wars - there is not nearly as much to do.

In any case - I do appreciate the pictures! It gives a nice understanding of how the map and the factions flow. Pretty cool.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• UchihaGUchihaG Registered Users Posts: 363
    Thank you! I love it when you give us small, but frequent bits of information like this!
    CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
    edited February 2016
    Its possible to conquer that much of you capturable teritory as Dwarfs in under 100 turns.....

Team Skaven

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Beastmen
    Team Ogre Kingdoms

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,843
    edited February 2016

Anyone else notice the Krell shaped helmet

You mean in the old screen from Al's campaign? That symbol is there twice and it is since speculated that it shows vampire count heroes.
    edited February 2016
    SiWi said:

You mean in the old screen from Al's campaign? That symbol is there twice and it is since speculated that it shows vampire count heroes.

Yeah i realised as i posted :].

Team Skaven

Team Dark Elves
    Team Beastmen
    Team Ogre Kingdoms

So who are those yellow ones in the map to the west in each playthrough, you think? Marienburg?
    SiWi said:

Wight king?
    UchihaG said:

Thank you! I love it when you give us small, but frequent bits of information like this!

Agreed! I wouldn't mind seeing more of these ones in particular, they're interesting! :)
    Don't worry.
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Registered Users Posts: 753

Its possible to conquer that much of you capturable teritory as Dwarfs in under 100 turns.....

I've never really been one for counting turns but this made me look at a past screen i took (after eventually winning Ikko ikki Legendary on shogun 2) and that only took 130 turns. So i dont see a problem with this.

Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    Do we know if the Dwarfs are also able to occupy the string of mountains to the west or not?
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,764
    edited February 2016
    Kirkilius said:

There is a dwarf faction up there, that is probably what it is.
    Nah this map simply reaches further north and south while Rome was east and West. Its a little smaller but not much and hasn't included the other two maps yet.

Looks like poor Kislev doesn't make it far past turn 50. Don't worry Kislev Ill save you!
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • FenristhegreatFenristhegreat Member Registered Users Posts: 475
    edited February 2016
    knodo85 said:

Do we know if the Dwarfs are also able to occupy the string of mountains to the west or not?

Yes, they should be able to according to the regional occupation blog.

Also, seems to be the case those Norse factions can occupy each other, so the regional occupation blog wasn't suggesting that Norsca is impossible to unite.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,843
    Setrus said:

So who are those yellow ones in the map to the west in each playthrough, you think? Marienburg?

I think it is one of the Bretonnian subfaction, thou I don't which would plausible be yellow.
    Wight king?
    I wouldn't guess which except type it is and assume for the moment that all heroes have the same icon (in each race), thou there very well be hero specific icons.
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    I think the Border Princes in the campaign video were yellow, IIRC.
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Registered Users Posts: 753
    Love looking at these maps, but i really makes me want to play now! :cry:
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,678
    Charlotte thanks!

Any new info is greatly appreciated keep it up!
  • TyrionLamperougeTyrionLamperouge Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 268
    The more i see about limted conquest the more i don´t like it, pls c.a. make a mode that you can conquer everything.
    SiWi said:

I think it is one of the Bretonnian subfaction, thou I don't which would plausible be yellow.

Oh yeah, probably Bastonne, silly me. :)
    I wouldn't guess which except type it is and assume for the moment that all heroes have the same icon (in each race), thou there very well be hero specific icons.
    Well the vampire counts seem to have that "twisty" icon in the north-east too, looks like two rings, sorta? And of course in Bretonnia we see a hint of two such twirly ones too, plus a fleur de Lys...work in progress though, so hard to tell. :)
    Don't worry.