Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

#MondayDiscussion - What is your Favourite piece of Warhammer Lore?

Comments

• Indypride#7329Indypride#7329 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,744
    edited February 2016
    Sabor said:

For me it is the big man, the guy that challenged the Chaos gods and was determined to consume them. The man that kicked off the end times, Nagash. Now out of every end times book Nagash is hands down my favorite in terms of lore, there is just so much good material in here. Such tales include Mannfred journeying into a Skaven tunnel then reanimating a giant skeletal dragon that the Skaven had made a city out of. Arkhan engaging in a massive sorcerer battle with Kemmler and blasting the traitor to oblivion. Neferata besieging a Dwarven army and capturing one of their key relics to gain Nagash's favor. The animation of EVERY single corpse in the Warhammer world. While their is countless other shock and awe moments, the crowning moment was towards the end of the book. After engaging a three day long battle with the Tomb Kings, Nagash ends the fight by consuming the Tomb Kings god of death and becoming a god himself. Then promptly stomps Settra the supreme leader of the Tomb Kings and offers Settra a place at his side. Where Settra promptly tells Nagash, "SETTRA DOES NOT SERVE" he shouted, trembling with rage, "SETTRA RULES!". Now aside from this being completely awesome especially it being shouted to a god of death, Settra is punished by being shattered leaving only his head alive (hes undead still). Nagash then (making sure Settra is in full view) completely destroys Khemri, the city that Settra has been guarding and ruling over for thousands of years. Nagash then takes his black pyramid of death and all remaining undead and marches to Sylvania, his black pyramid acting as a beacon for all undead to come to his domain. Leaving Settra behind in the sand to stare at the giant sand pit that was once his great city.

And then the Chaos Gods resurrect Settra, he decapitates a Bloodthirster that was about to attack Nagash, tells Nagash he will have his head (but only after he kills every Chaos God for daring to offer him servitude in exchange for money, power, Daemon prince status, and a real body again) and then runs into the fray and kills a bunch of Chaos things.

What a boss
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    Indypride said:

Sabor said:

For me it is the big man, the guy that challenged the Chaos gods and was determined to consume them. The man that kicked off the end times, Nagash. Now out of every end times book Nagash is hands down my favorite in terms of lore, there is just so much good material in here. Such tales include Mannfred journeying into a Skaven tunnel then reanimating a giant skeletal dragon that the Skaven had made a city out of. Arkhan engaging in a massive sorcerer battle with Kemmler and blasting the traitor to oblivion. Neferata besieging a Dwarven army and capturing one of their key relics to gain Nagash's favor. The animation of EVERY single corpse in the Warhammer world. While their is countless other shock and awe moments, the crowning moment was towards the end of the book. After engaging a three day long battle with the Tomb Kings, Nagash ends the fight by consuming the Tomb Kings god of death and becoming a god himself. Then promptly stomps Settra the supreme leader of the Tomb Kings and offers Settra a place at his side. Where Settra promptly tells Nagash, "SETTRA DOES NOT SERVE" he shouted, trembling with rage, "SETTRA RULES!". Now aside from this being completely awesome especially it being shouted to a god of death, Settra is punished by being shattered leaving only his head alive (hes undead still). Nagash then (making sure Settra is in full view) completely destroys Khemri, the city that Settra has been guarding and ruling over for thousands of years. Nagash then takes his black pyramid of death and all remaining undead and marches to Sylvania, his black pyramid acting as a beacon for all undead to come to his domain. Leaving Settra behind in the sand to stare at the giant sand pit that was once his great city.

And then the Chaos Gods resurrect Settra, he decapitates a Bloodthirster that was about to attack Nagash, tells Nagash he will have his head (but only after he kills every Chaos God for daring to offer him servitude in exchange for money, power, Daemon prince status, and a real body again) and then runs into the fray and kills a bunch of Chaos things.

What a boss
    We can all agree that the Undead ones are the bee's knees lol
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    edited February 2016
    Ruglud's Armoured Orcs

Ruglud Bonechewer was once a mighty Warlord of the Crooked Eye Tribe, leading these Greenskins towards countless victories over the course of his reign. Uniting the local tribes surrounding his domains within the Badlands, his army stormed his way through the Grey Mountains and World's Edge Mountains and upon the lowlands of the Empire itself. There he staged numerous successful raids upon numerous Dwarf strongholds and Empire towns, as well as upon various Goblin tribes that refused to grovel before him. In time however, Ruglud suffered one devastating defeat many miles to the east of the Old World, and in that defeat he also lost his position as Warlord of the Crooked Eye. Caught in a cunning and well implemented ambush by a powerful Chaos Dwarf slaver party, his tribe were cut down in their hundreds by the withering hail of missile fire that the Chaos Dwarfs sent into their midst. The Orcs returning missle barrage was unsurprisingly inaccurate. The heavy armour worn by the Chaos Dwarfs deflected the few arrows that found their targets.

As Ruglud fled, many of his tribe turned on him, blaming him in typical Orcish manner for the defeat. Ruglud bullied a small group of the Orcs into staying by his side and fled with them to the south, pursued by the arrows and insults of his former tribe. They came across an ancient, seemingly impenetrable stronghold built into the mountainside. It appeared to be deserted, and the superstitious Orcs cowered at the sound of the wind howling over its blackened battlements. As they picked their way around the huge boulders at the base of the stronghold's walls, the smallest member of the group, the runt known only as 'Maggot', tripped and fell. Ruglud blinked in surprise, for the Goblin had disappeared from sight. Moments later, he stuck his head up through a hole in the ground, exclaiming that he had found a tunnel.

The Orcs refused to enter the tunnel, scared of the "bad spirits" that supposedly inhabited the stronghold. Ruglud pushed the Orcs aside roughly, determined to show them that he was not afraid. Besides, he thought, there might be something worth looting inside. Ruglud grabbed Maggot by the scruff of his neck and forced him to walk in front of him, into the low tunnel. They came upon a scene of devastation: the aftermath of a titanic battle in the tunnels and grand halls of what must have been a Dwarf stronghold. Dwarf bodies lay strewn across the floors in unbelievable numbers, and at first it looked to Ruglud as if Dwarf had been fighting Dwarf. As he looked closer at the bodies, he saw that some were the Chaos Dwarfs to whom he had suffered his great defeat.

Bloodied armour and weapons were scattered across the stone floor. At Ruglud's feet lay a Dwarf crossbow, which he absently picked up in one huge hand. His gaze lingered on the weapon as a sizable lump of masonry suddenly fell on his thick head, and a moment of inspiration washed over him. The unexpected thought filled his cunning, Orcish mind: "If ya can't beat em, join 'em!"

He began to strip the armor off the Dwarfs' bodies, haphazardly strapping the plates to his over-sized frame. Climbing unsteadily out of the hole, he stood before his Orc followers who fell back before him. With a strange, determined look in his eyes, he growled at the Orcs: "We'll show 'em how it's done." And so the mercenary band known as Ruglud's Armoured Orcs was formed, the only known band of Orcs to implement the combination of armor and crossbow. They are still disliked and distrusted by other Orc tribes, but their fighting ability is grudgingly accepted. Wherever the band travels, it fights for gold and for food, and for the chance to strip the enemy of anything worth taking.

SPECIAL RULES
    Ignore Greenskin Panic: Ruglud and his Armoured Orcs have great disdain for their own kind. When a friendly Greenskin unit is destroyed, breaks or flees past their unit, Ruglud and his Orcs (including Maggot) do not need to test for Panic.

Choppa: Ruglud's Armoured Orcs carry brutal cleavers and clubs, and add +1 to their Strength in the first round of combat if they charge (note that Maggot does NOT carry a choppa, just a normal hand weapon).

Maggot: Maggot the Goblin accompanies Ruglud wherever he goes, acting as his standard bearer. He has survived countless battles and is regarded as a lucky mascot. His presence encourages the Orcs to fight all the more fiercely. The banner that Maggot enthusiastically waves adds + 2 to combat resolution rather than +1.

In addition to this. Maggot seems to lead a charmed life, and as a result has a 3+ Ward save. He may not accept challenges, for he is not in effect a character, just a particularly lucky Goblin. If Maggot dies, the banner is lost with him, and no other Orc can pick it up.

Although Maggot doesn't carry a crossbow, an Orc standing behind him may shoot over his head, as if the Orc were standing in the front rank. The range is measured as normal, from Maggot's base (the Orc behind leans the crossbow on his head).

Animosity: Ruglud's Orcs suffer from Animosity like any other Greenskin unit, and must test each turn so long as the unit is not engaged in hand-to-hand combat, is not fleeing, and numbers at least five models. In the Start of the Turn phase roll a D6 for Ruglud's Armoured Orcs - on a 2+ the unit passes the test and moves/fights normally this turn. On a roll of 1 the unit fails the test. To determine what happens, roll a D6 and consult the table below (note that this table is different from the table of other Greenskin units).

Ruglud's Animosity Table
    1-2 Let's show 'em what these crossbows can do!

Ruglud's Armoured Orcs shoot at the closest unit, friend or foe. All models in the unit can fire without movement penalty at the nearest target in any direction, ignoring the usual restrictions for line of sight and fire arcs - this is an exception to the normal rules for shooting. The shots are worked out immediately, not in the Shooting Phase, and the models themselves are not moved. The unit cannot do anything else that turn. If there are no units within range, the unit Squabbles instead (see the next entry).

3-6 Squabble

An internal squabble amongst the ranks soon grows into a minor riot with fists and curses flying. This throws the unit into disorder and prevents all moving and shooting this turn. The unit can do nothing this turn while Ruglud cracks heads together to restore order.

__

I got the unit myself in my TT army and I love them to bits. It hurts me knowing that they won't make it into the game.
  • bronhomsbronhoms Registered Users Posts: 1,332
    edited February 2016
    I think the End Times: Archaon book is very interesting. People talk about how George R R Martin is agenious the way he kills off his characters in A Song of Ice and Fire, but its a very strange feeling you have, when the unlikely alliance of all the incarnates are on the gates and you're rooting for the baddie who wants to destroy the world.

And then he does. Not just destroying the world, but also leaving ALL of the fans in a state of hopelessness. Just to be followed up by the destruction of the game Warhammer Fantasy Battles and the arrival of Age of Sigmar

• Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,767
    edited February 2016
    I'd love to say the lore of Cathay however the largest human nation in Warhammer who happens to be surrounded by enemies without elven or dwarfen support isn't a cool enough story. So it only has snipits of lore stuffed between the cracks of other army books and fan made material. Thanks GW
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,909
    edited February 2016
    The Sundering, we get to see Malekith before his insanity and gradual fall. The birth of the Druchii, and the rise of the Shadow King (Alith Anar).

After that I would say the War of the Beard (Vengeance) series. We get to see that the Dwarfs in their arrogance and stupid pride are as much to blame for the war that crippled both of their military strength and allowed for chaos, Orcs and Skaven to grow in power in the world.

Post edited by Erminaz on
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • ladymissfit#8688ladymissfit#8688 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    Lizardmen being completely baffled about the concept of gender. They simply don't understand and that is hilarious.

After that, Repanse (I'm a sucker for that character-type) and Grimgor stopping Archaon with a headbutt. Need more silliness like that.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • AetaosRauKeresAetaosRauKeres Registered Users Posts: 327

Its another Monday!
    This time I want to discuss your favourite piece of Warhammer Lore - what is it? what happens? why do you like it so much?

Discuss!

Well, i would say "The Endtimes".
    After that long painfull agony that was WH: Fantasy Battles, we finally got something much more apealing.
    A small but still lovely homage to the greatly superior WH:40k

just look how beautiful they are
  • Sabor444#1932Sabor444#1932 Registered Users Posts: 589
    edited February 2016

Its another Monday!
    This time I want to discuss your favourite piece of Warhammer Lore - what is it? what happens? why do you like it so much?

Discuss!

Well, i would say "The Endtimes".
    After that long painfull agony that was WH: Fantasy Battles, we finally got something much more apealing.
    A small but still lovely homage to the greatly superior WH:40k

just look how beautiful they are
    Not sure if serious or just heresy......
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    @AetaosRauKeres .... holy... I really hope you're kidding or you may not find many friends on here lol..... I REALLY hope you're just rolling AoS ... hahaha
  • CollateralCollateral Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 407
    The ascension of Archaon and the storm of chaos, so many great battles and epic duels.
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,019
    Everything me and Malus Darkblade.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,374
    Personally, I seem to be drawn to the lore of the Chaos Dwarfs. Those guys are just so interesting and unique! :wink:
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    I'm a big fan of the Great War against Chaos and events linked. I really love the Malus Darkblade novel series as well.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • Indypride#7329Indypride#7329 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,744
    Age of Sigmar is our lord and saviour. Those of you who dont enjoy Age of Sigmar will burn like heretics in the holy fire of GW's devotion to customer satisfaction
  • RimgrimnerRimgrimner Member Registered Users Posts: 375
    Lord Mortkin.

Really hope he appears as a legendary lord. Dude was bloody sick.
  • Sabor444#1932Sabor444#1932 Registered Users Posts: 589
    @Indypride, Bahahaha, careful there that holy fire of customer satisfaction might burn...if it actually existed in the first place.

In all seriousness though, in regards to Age of Sigma lore there is nothing I can actually enjoy about it. Everything I liked about warhammer fantasy was thrown out the window when age of sigmar was introduced. While I can give a multitude of examples, my biggest beef with it is the very humanized central theme that humanity is everyone's savior and don't mess with us. Now there is nothing wrong with humanity in fantasy setting it just gets tiresome that humanity is ALWAYS the big heroes when sonething goes wrong.

This idea that any other faction would be lost without humanity is just....beyond dull to me, especially when the sole reason behind it is not greater strategic minds, a greater lifespan that plays into battle experience, or even physical superiority above other factions, but simply humanity comes out on top because it's humanity. In age of Sigmar the idea that a human god basically pulls everyone from the depths and recreates everything from nothing through his leadership where every other faction would be "lost" without humanities guidance.

That is part of the reason I liked warhammer fantasy as opposed to LotR, or other fantasy setting cause it was a struggle. Plain and simple, there was no main focus on humanity and how it saved the world all by itself. Warhammer fantasy took a more neutral stance where honestly Bretonnia, or the Empire were certainly not the most well off empire or even the focus of the setting. It all feels like a joint struggle where every side is competing for its survival with no clear side (apart from chaos) that will clearly emerge victorious. Age of Sigmar robs me the feeling of that, case and point the name of the game is named after the human faction leader. :/
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Registered Users Posts: 951
    galrauch
    the sundering - dont like high elves. seeing malekith's twisted view on the events is awesome
    anything written by Dan Abnett - he is a master

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• Fredrin#9269Fredrin#9269 Senior Member LondonRegistered Users Posts: 3,026
    edited February 2016
    Sabor said:

@Indypride, Bahahaha, careful there that holy fire of customer satisfaction might burn...if it actually existed in the first place.

In all seriousness though, in regards to Age of Sigma lore there is nothing I can actually enjoy about it. Everything I liked about warhammer fantasy was thrown out the window when age of sigmar was introduced. While I can give a multitude of examples, my biggest beef with it is the very humanized central theme that humanity is everyone's savior and don't mess with us. Now there is nothing wrong with humanity in fantasy setting it just gets tiresome that humanity is ALWAYS the big heroes when sonething goes wrong.

This idea that any other faction would be lost without humanity is just....beyond dull to me, especially when the sole reason behind it is not greater strategic minds, a greater lifespan that plays into battle experience, or even physical superiority above other factions, but simply humanity comes out on top because it's humanity. In age of Sigmar the idea that a human god basically pulls everyone from the depths and recreates everything from nothing through his leadership where every other faction would be "lost" without humanities guidance.

That is part of the reason I liked warhammer fantasy as opposed to LotR, or other fantasy setting cause it was a struggle. Plain and simple, there was no main focus on humanity and how it saved the world all by itself. Warhammer fantasy took a more neutral stance where honestly Bretonnia, or the Empire were certainly not the most well off empire or even the focus of the setting. It all feels like a joint struggle where every side is competing for its survival with no clear side (apart from chaos) that will clearly emerge victorious. Age of Sigmar robs me the feeling of that, case and point the name of the game is named after the human faction leader. :/

Would have definitely been a curveball if they progressed the IP to Age of Hashut :lol:
  • GalakhanGalakhan Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 467
    I love so much of the lore, some with the elves, some with the empire. Skaven and chaos take up a higher tier for me and the Vampire counts are my favorite. I specifically like the lore around Vlad, just all Vlad, Neferata and Abhorash. Fingers crossed they all make it into the game, I'll settle for one of them.

Vlad is my favorite for lore just because the story captures a man who cares about the well being of his people and the ones he cares about until it conflicts his ambition or they hurt his trust. He of course has an interesting relationship with Isabella where they trust and love each other 100%(almost unheard of for such selfish creatures) His sheer will, coming back to life and taking retribution on those who dealt mortal blows to him. He conquered with terror and gave one of the most [email protected]$s lines for the faction "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." he almost succeeded in conquering the empire. Unfortunately for him he had a selfish acolyte who was just as power hungry.

Neferata and her intelligence network are cool, she has lightning speed which her power grows in her age (like other vampires only she is the first, so she's had longer), and her journey from her home land to the silver pinnacle is quite a tale.

Abhorash is the a machine of war and one of the most lethal fighters in all of warhammer lore. Not to mention he is honorable and cured his thirst for blood while leading a group of his kind to accomplish the same.
    Von Carstein
    Dark Elfs
    Warriors of Chaos
    "Those are brave men out there! Lets go kill them!"-Tyrion Lannister
  • Aztek171#2277Aztek171#2277 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,240
    Galakhan said:

I love so much of the lore, some with the elves, some with the empire. Skaven and chaos take up a higher tier for me and the Vampire counts are my favorite. I specifically like the lore around Vlad, just all Vlad, Neferata and Abhorash. Fingers crossed they all make it into the game, I'll settle for one of them.

Vlad is my favorite for lore just because the story captures a man who cares about the well being of his people and the ones he cares about until it conflicts his ambition or they hurt his trust. He of course has an interesting relationship with Isabella where they trust and love each other 100%(almost unheard of for such selfish creatures) His sheer will, coming back to life and taking retribution on those who dealt mortal blows to him. He conquered with terror and gave one of the most [email protected]$s lines for the faction "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." he almost succeeded in conquering the empire. Unfortunately for him he had a selfish acolyte who was just as power hungry.

Neferata and her intelligence network are cool, she has lightning speed which her power grows in her age (like other vampires only she is the first, so she's had longer), and her journey from her home land to the silver pinnacle is quite a tale.

Abhorash is the a machine of war and one of the most lethal fighters in all of warhammer lore. Not to mention he is honorable and cured his thirst for blood while leading a group of his kind to accomplish the same.

There's a special place in my heart for Abhorash and Walach(Come on DLC!) along with Vlad and the Von Carsteins. One of my favorite parts about Vlad is that he actually seems to care about the well being of his people like you said, and when he went to war there were regiments of Sylvanian humans that marched with him out of loyalty.
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,836
    Felix & Gotrek

Seriously every warhammer fan should read this once!

From Skaven Slayer onward(2e book), its not just good and immersive, its also hilarious at times. Thanquol(Skaven Greyseer) is also very present in the serie and he is quite a character lol.

In deamon slayer you get to see the impossible...an expedition to the very chaos wastes on a flying dwarven ship Runed to the teeth made by no other than Malakai Makesson, the slayer engineer . Its quite epic being described how time and reality seem to stop to give place to endless sea of chaos hordes fighting each other in never ending waves...

Good stuffs
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • ZilongZilong Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 501
    As someone else already mentioned, Cathay is great... if only there was more too it than tiny snippets gathered from other books. Genevieve is also good. Bonus points since she actually traveled to Cathay at one point.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,909

Felix & Gotrek

From Skaven Slayer onward(2e book), its not just good and immersive, its also hilarious at times. Thanquol(Skaven Greyseer) is also very present in the serie and he is quite a character lol.

In deamon slayer you get to see the impossible...an expedition to the very chaos wastes on a flying dwarven ship Runed to the teeth made by no other than Malakai Makesson, the slayer engineer . Its quite epic being described how time and reality seem to stop to give place to endless sea of chaos hordes fighting each other in never ending waves...

Good stuffs

My problem with the Gotrek and Felix books is I got burned out on them (I read the first 3 omnibi). It became a bit annoying to me that the writers tortured Gotrek for so long without giving him his honorable death (I liked his character, I guess enough I wanted him to fulfill his oath even at the expense of future stories for him).
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • NaiethNaieth Registered Users Posts: 231
    The relationship between Bretonnia and the Wood Elves. Fighting the Skaven together at Quenelles and the Wood Elf General enduring the bestowment of gaudy feudal laurels as best as he can made me laugh to imagine.

But the two are just great in general. Abusive, haughty and co-dependent, they are the dysfunctional relationship of the Old World.
    Support a third Legendary Lord for Wood Elves
  • RevoranRevoran Member Registered Users Posts: 278
    The Coming of Chaos, story of Aenarion and the Lizardmen defence against the Daemons in the ancient past. Also just the general origins of the Lizardmen and Slann how they have advanced tech but don't know how to use it and all their knowledge has been forgotten and they search for clues about the will of their missing gods.

The Great War Against Chaos w/ Magnus the Pious' Empire / Kislev / Dwarf alliance faces off against the Chaos Horde of Asavar Kul.

The Great Migration of the Ogres, how they climb the Ancient Giant Lands and eat the Sky Titans.

The Saga of Archaon. I just love that bit where he has to take a sword from the father of all Dragon Ogres, Krakanrok the Black. Even Archaon won't **** with Krakanrok, so to avoid the screaming sword (the Slayer of Kings) waking up Krakanrok, Archaon plunges the sword into one of his companions who is of royal blood, which sates the blade and allows him to escape.

The end of Nehekhara and rise of Nagash, downfall of Alcadizaar the Great.
  • RevoranRevoran Member Registered Users Posts: 278
    Erminaz said:

Felix & Gotrek

Good stuffs

My problem with the Gotrek and Felix books is I got burned out on them (I read the first 3 omnibi). It became a bit annoying to me that the writers tortured Gotrek for so long without giving him his honorable death (I liked his character, I guess enough I wanted him to fulfill his oath even at the expense of future stories for him).
    Gotrek and Felix was one of Games Workshop's best selling products. They just wanted more money instead of ending Gotrek's saga at a sensible point.
  • Hunnic_MasterHunnic_Master Member AustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 137
    there is a trilogy for Nagash from when he was a man and how he turned into what he did, its a really good read, believe its only digital download now though, got the softbacks like the sigmar ones, gives alot of insight into the world before the one your going to explore. He was pretty badass even as a man.
  • Snotface#2790Snotface#2790 Member Registered Users Posts: 757
    edited February 2016
    Grimgor headbutting Archaon into the dirt.

I plan on re enacting this in my first game.
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,622
    edited February 2016

War of Vengeance.

It would be amazing if CA added that later on as a standalone campaign like the Wrath of Sparta, for example.

Same here, I would certainly pay for that as quickly as I could, if one came out.
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.