Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How I chose which race to play first (Not quite serious)

The_MagentanThe_Magentan Registered Users Posts: 5
Hey, so what race are you going to start with on TW:WH? Humans with Karl Franz, the greatest leader of the Empire since Sigmar himself?

You know he's barely even the Emperor, right? He's the ruler of a single location.

Well, Riekland is a lovely place.

No, no. Not even the whole province. One city in Riekland, just Altdorf. You presumably have to go around performing fetch quests for the Empire's petty leaders to convince them of your suitability to lead. I don't feel like loading up a Warhammer game and settling for some sort of medieval middle-management sim.

The stalwart Dwarfs then? Surrounded by all manner horrible things to fight.

Eh, grumpy, below-average height people hiding indoors from the outside world hits a little too close to home for me to want play them.

Ah, maybe you seek to live out your own dark fantasies then? The allure of the unrestrained power of the Dark Gods! Even now you can hear the voices whisper to you about the Glory that awaits your submission to their unholy mission.

The voices already in my head don't play nice with others and besides I have no intention of ever being second fiddle to various deified personality disorders.

Ah, such arrogance! It must be Vampire Counts then. Beings that bow not even to death itself.

Not sure who the lords are going to be and since Vlad and Isabelle re-kicked the bucket there's not been a Von Carstein with the proper panache and style to follow them.

Well, presumably it's going to be Konrad and Manfred.

Ah, the unwanted, psychopathic, red-headed step child of the Von Carstein family and some nerd.

Well but that just leaves the Or...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Tagged:

Comments

• capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,463
    It's Mannfred von Carstein trying to reclaim Imperial Throne, and this will be my first playthrough obviously then the Empire second, or maybe even first.

I hope Heinrich Kemmler will be second LL.
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797

It's Mannfred von Carstein trying to reclaim Imperial Throne, and this will be my first playthrough obviously then the Empire second, or maybe even first.

I hope Heinrich Kemmler will be second LL.

I'm picking Heinrich as my first playthrough if he's there. They will give him maaaad beefy necro powers!
  • TorakTorak Registered Users Posts: 815

Hey, so what race are you going to start with on TW:WH? Humans with Karl Franz, the greatest leader of the Empire since Sigmar himself?

You know he's barely even the Emperor, right? He's the ruler of a single location.

Well, Riekland is a lovely place.

No, no. Not even the whole province. One city in Riekland, just Altdorf. You presumably have to go around performing fetch quests for the Empire's petty leaders to convince them of your suitability to lead. I don't feel like loading up a Warhammer game and settling for some sort of medieval middle-management sim.

The stalwart Dwarfs then? Surrounded by all manner horrible things to fight.

Eh, grumpy, below-average height people hiding indoors from the outside world hits a little too close to home for me to want play them.

Ah, maybe you seek to live out your own dark fantasies then? The allure of the unrestrained power of the Dark Gods! Even now you can hear the voices whisper to you about the Glory that awaits your submission to their unholy mission.

The voices already in my head don't play nice with others and besides I have no intention of ever being second fiddle to various deified personality disorders.

Ah, such arrogance! It must be Vampire Counts then. Beings that bow not even to death itself.

Not sure who the lords are going to be and since Vlad and Isabelle re-kicked the bucket there's not been a Von Carstein with the proper panache and style to follow them.

Well, presumably it's going to be Konrad and Manfred.

Ah, the unwanted, psychopathic, red-headed step child of the Von Carstein family and some nerd.

Well but that just leaves the Or...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Hahahaha
    Team skaven
  • TotalWarhammerTotalWarhammer Registered Users Posts: 188
    Excellent post! :D
  • ranknfile#2065ranknfile#2065 Senior Member New OrleansRegistered Users Posts: 7,515
    I always play the faction I like the least first - perhaps starting many campaigns (or many do-overs) to learn all the intricacies of the new game. Then I'll play my second to least favorite; working my way up to my most favorite.

However when there are 10 or more playable faction I may only play as three or four before deciding "I'm ready" to play as the factions I like the best.

The reason for this is the very first time you play as any faction is the only non-cheating play through, IMO. I say this due to the fact that once you play 20 or 30 turns as any faction you have an idea of what to expect.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USARegistered Users Posts: 5,909
    I'll start with Orcs and Goblins as losing scores them is just in their character. I won't bat an eye at the loss of a few units if I screw up. Once I finish playing a campaign as them I'll play the Dwarfs unless Bretonnians are released at that time. I'll have to roll the dice to see if I want to play WoC or Empire last, they are who I'm looking the least forward to playing as I don't like them in the lore.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,374
    Play as the Dwarfs obviously, cuz overwhelming firepower, honourable warriors, good beer and wonderful beards. :wink:
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,417
    ranknfile said:

I always play the faction I like the least first - perhaps starting many campaigns (or many do-overs) to learn all the intricacies of the new game. Then I'll play my second to least favorite; working my way up to my most favorite.

That is a really interesting way to do it. It never occured to me to think like that, but I have to say I like your style...

I don't know if I can not go straight for the vampires though, I might not be built for this strategy lol
  • MogustheDogMogustheDog Registered Users Posts: 553
    Love the original post! Good stuff, and points well taken. I think I'll go with the grumpy stumpies first, and achieve victory one grudge at a time.
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Registered Users Posts: 951
    i always pick a faction i think looks fun. then i start playing. after a few turns, if I ain't feelin it, i just start over as some other faction.

with that said - my order will prolly be orcs, vamps, dwarfs, chaos, brets, empire

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• MoutonMouton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 993
    edited February 2016
    Oh I can see you are in a quest, seeking for the holy race and faction? Well it looks like the lady blesses you then, come and join bretonnia, we have fine wine and dirty peasants ! You can spend the all week without taking any shower you will still be the cleanest person of the kingdom.
    Feeling bored? No worries, join the crusades and go civilise other factions.
    Feeling single? Well, all knights have at least one horse...
    All you need is in bretonnia !
    Check out my incredible Youtube account !
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3LYIaGuec
  • Striker345ifyStriker345ify Registered Users Posts: 96
    Chaos for me~ I want to see Slaanesh become the one true god of the old world and he shall bring eternal pleasure to the world.
  • Ree09619Ree09619 Member Registered Users Posts: 160

Chaos for me~ I want to see Slaanesh become the one true god of the old world and he shall bring eternal pleasure to the world.

*He/She/It/Bisexual

Yes I can see it all! **** as far as the eye can see!
    "Three things make the Empire strong: faith, steel, and gunpowder." -Magnus the Pious

• CA_LunaCA_Luna Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,606
    @The_Magentan Amazing post!

me - I'll probably pick blindly by throwing a dart! , or put the Races in a hat to pick! I'm pretty undecided!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • IceDIceD Member NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 669
    Proboly empire just to get to know the basics of the game, because they'll proboly play like most of the old total war factions...and then proboly Chaos or Orcs...Vamps last, cause i think they'll be a pain in the ass to play...or i'm just downed by my Call of Warhammer VC experiences haha
    Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS
  • LordoftheIslesLordoftheIsles Member Registered Users Posts: 442
    Gold, Beer, More Gold , More Beer and Hairy Women! Dwarf it is....
  • Warlord reaperWarlord reaper Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 673
    I'm this order chaos, orces, vampires, I don't like races of order
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,417
    I think im going to go vampires (definitely 1st) chaos, then empire unless Brettonians are out by then. God Damn I can't wait for this game. And I'm very worried about being let down...
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    Since nobody ever says they want to play Chaos first maybe I'll do that, just to be a non-conformist :)
  • TorakTorak Registered Users Posts: 815
    knodo85 said:

Since nobody ever says they want to play Chaos first maybe I'll do that, just to be a non-conformist :)

I'm torn between chaos and vampires first I'll have to see both factions in action in March and April to make up my mind
    Team skaven
  • The_MagentanThe_Magentan Registered Users Posts: 5
    Mouton said:

Feeling single? Well, all knights have at least one horse...
    All you need is in bretonnia !

@Mouton Hahahahaha

In Bretonnia I believe this is known as a stable relationship.

me - I'll probably pick blindly by throwing a dart! , or put the Races in a hat to pick! I'm pretty undecided!
    @CharlotteB CA

Choosing not to put much deliberate thought in to your decision? I like your attitude! There may be a place for you among the Greenskin hordes...
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,838
    I used to think I would play The Empire 1rst, but I recently decided otherwise...

I will march south, with legions, this world will burn in ashes for the glory of the Greater Gods, leaving all that is and will ever be in eternal Chaos, for its inevitable, my ascension will come this spring ...

If only as

a dream...
    a reminder...
    a vision...
    a warning...

for I'm Karl Franz, the Emperor of men, failure is not an option.

For The Empire!!!
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • BeachedWalrusBeachedWalrus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 392
    Dwarf (Thorgrim and Ungrim) >
    Empire (Karl franz) >
    VC (Manfred) >
    Chaos (Archaon or Kholek) >
    Bretonnia (Louen Leoncoeur - if available) >
    Orcs (Azhag)

Doubt i will get through each of those races before they release other faction/LL content that i want to play. Not a huge fan of Orcs since i am a Dwarf/High Elf TT player
  • ArayelArayel Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 328
    As a very long time Wood Elf, Vampire Count and Greenskin player I'm rather happy that two of my three armies have made it this far already.

My first proper play-through will be as a Vampire though. I own around 12000 points of VC (pre end times nonsense) and love their lore especially. Plus they seem to be the biggest departure from previous games and have potentially the most diverse and interesting campaign environment.

Greenskins will be my second major campaign and I will almost certainly be focusing on smashing the boring short-assed cave-loving Stunties out of existence. I hope that Skarsnik gets a release relatively quickly as I'd truly love to take the mountains for the Goblins! Failing that Wuurzag could be a lot of fun....

After that who knows. If Brettonia makes an appearance I might give the Questing Flower Boys a turn, if not then I might try an empire campaign...or I might just go back to VC and the Greenies for more death and bashing.