Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hints that Skaven could be in the first game?

bennymclbennymcl Senior MemberMontreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
Looking at the map from the Dev blog today... Estalia seems to be the only faction without its territory coloured... Or, is it very lightly coloured? I can't really tell.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/images/9/9e/Factionstartmap.jpg

Could this be because Skavenblight is actually included in their territory? Could we perhaps see a surprise DLC in the form of Skaven??

Tagged:

Comments

• SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    They said that skaven will not be in the first game in the occupation blog...

are the skaven fans be the next "VC fans"?

Do I have to prepare a other "Dark Prophecy" that skaven are gonna be replace by.... by... Sea elves!
    That they are gonna get replace by Sea elves!
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • IceDIceD Member NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 669
    One can hope. But they've stated time and time again that Skaven wont be in the first game. Unless CA is the king of trolls and they've messed with us from the start. Give me Skaven, CA!;p
    Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    SiWi said:

Do I have to prepare a other "Dark Prophecy" that skaven are gonna be replace by.... by... Sea elves!

I'm not even a Skaven fan. But just because they said they won't be in the game doesn't mean they aren't messing with us =P
    bennymcl said:

SiWi said:

I'm not even a Skaven fan. But just because they said they won't be in the game doesn't mean they aren't messing with us =P
    mhhh.... how many historical incidence do we (you) have, were CA were told everyone that a faction wouldn't be playable in TW, but then did make them anyway?

#TheSeaElvesWillRise #TheOtherDarkProphecy
    SiWi said:

bennymcl said:

SiWi said:

mhhh.... how many historical incidence do we (you) have, were CA were told everyone that a faction wouldn't be playable in TW, but then did make them anyway?

#TheSeaElvesWillRise #TheOtherDarkProphecy
    Weeeeeell you never know!!! haha ...
    HoneyBun said:

I heard that Skaven have been cut to give the halflings (who VC were cut to introduce) more authentic sandals.

o:)

It only makes sense, really... The halflings need all of the attention they can get.
    Halflings not barefoot? THAT HERESY!!!
  • mewade44#6520mewade44#6520 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,087
    #SeaHalflings
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2016
    Skaven will only end up in the game if it sells well. So... buy the game! I am happy since I want Dwarfs and they are in right from the start, but I still very much hope it succeeds so that every other race gets added and no one feels left out. Also, I do really want the Chaos Dwarfs to get added. I really hope it sells well so they eventually end up included too. :wink:
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • Warlord reaperWarlord reaper Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 673
    Where is skavenblight located?
  • steam_164511556922ZvK49s6steam_164511556922ZvK49s6 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,252

Where is skavenblight located?

Look at the word tilea on the CA faction map, go left until you hit the border of the province, thats about where it should be.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083
    Since Bretonnia and Wood Elves have to be in the first game for geographic reasons, CA will probably not include any other main armybook factions, because then there won't be enough left over for the next two installments of the series.
    ò_ó
    Warlocke said:

Since Bretonnia and Wood Elves have to be in the first game for geographic reasons, CA will probably not include any other main armybook factions, because then there won't be enough left over for the next two installments of the series.

Wood Elves are apparently not in the game either. Their domain is going to be impassable terrain, I think. Again... not sure if it's going to be in a game though.. CA could be throwing us for a loop... obviously it's all speculation, but hey, we can dream =P
  • epic_159733007811cHJwei4epic_159733007811cHJwei4 Senior Member United StatesRegistered Users Posts: 3,549
    As much as I want this to be true, I doubt it.

The only way I see skaven being added is through DLC or another of the standalones.

I'm going to hope for DLC though!
    bennymcl said:

Warlocke said:

Wood Elves are apparently not in the game either. Their domain is going to be impassable terrain, I think. Again... not sure if it's going to be in a game though.. CA could be throwing us for a loop... obviously it's all speculation, but hey, we can dream =P
    And if Wood Elves are added to the series, which they almost certainly will be, it will have to be as DLC for the first game.
    ò_ó

As much as I want this to be true, I doubt it.

The only way I see skaven being added is through DLC or another of the standalones.

I'm going to hope for DLC though!

I too agree DLC. (That's what I said in my initial post anyway). I feel like it could be possible as the first true DLC faction ... Brets - FLC, Chaos - DLC (but free-ish), The next logical one would have to be Skaven given the areas of the campaign map!
  • Indypride#7329Indypride#7329 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,744
    edited February 2016
    I really don't think people should be acting like they know how CA is going to handle these DLC's or expansions. Just because CA has said the expansions will be standalone games, that does NOT mean there wont be overlap of the Old world and the expansions maps. And it is entirely possible that CA runs into issues with trying to connect the maps and games, or goes in a different direction from what they originally planned or talked briefly about in interviews. Wood Elves do not HAVE to be game 1 DLC, there are numerous ways they could be incorporated later on (if there is a later on. Remember for a trilogy to come to fruition, game 1 has to sell well and other things have to fall in to place. We are not guaranteed later TW Warhammer games)

EVERYTHING is subject to change, especially in regards to how the expansions will work or how many DLC factions will be in a particular game. So just because Chaos is a DLC race for game 1, does not preclude other factions from becoming DLC in the first game, despite what CA might or might not have said. Blogs and social media posts are not divine mandate, things can and do change during game development and afterwards.

When they say Skaven aren't in the first game, we can take them at their word for launch, or not. But that doesn't mean they cant decide 8 months from now to throw them into game 1 as DLC because they've finished their assets ahead of schedule or something. A lot of us seem to be treating one-liners from blogs and Facebook as unequivocal/not up for debate decisions. Again, business decisions can and do change all the time.
  • epic_159733007811cHJwei4epic_159733007811cHJwei4 Senior Member United StatesRegistered Users Posts: 3,549
    Well also when they say "not in game 1", I take them to mean "not in the $60 base purchase that will be available April 28th".

I'm not going to assume anything, I think it's possible they might be DLC (again this is also my hope because I love skaven and hope they get added ASAP) or they will be in one of the expansions.

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment". :wink:
    Indypride said:

I really don't think people should be acting like they know how CA is going to handle these DLC's or expansions. Just because CA has said the expansions will be standalone games, that does NOT mean there wont be overlap of the Old world and the expansions maps.

Actually, I am quite sure that there is an interview on youtube which I have posted on this forum that right out says that each game will feature a different part of the Warhammer world map, which is a pretty good indicator that the maps will not overlap. That may be subject to change down the line, but I see no problem basing my present assumptions on the currently revealed information.

As for the video itself, I don't feel like searching for it right now. It wasn't a major interview, and it was pretty hard to find in the first place. So you can take my word or not.
    ò_ó
  • Indypride#7329Indypride#7329 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,744
    Warlocke said:

Indypride said:

I really don't think people should be acting like they know how CA is going to handle these DLC's or expansions. Just because CA has said the expansions will be standalone games, that does NOT mean there wont be overlap of the Old world and the expansions maps.

Actually, I am quite sure that there is an interview on youtube which I have posted on this forum that right out says that each game will feature a different part of the Warhammer world map, which is a pretty good indicator that the maps will not overlap. That may be subject to change down the line, but I see no problem basing my present assumptions on the currently revealed information.

As for the video itself, I don't feel like searching for it right now. It wasn't a major interview, and it was pretty hard to find in the first place. So you can take my word or not.
    I know they talked about it. I saw the interview as well. The interview was also conducted MONTHS before the first game is set to be released, where many things have changed between then and now. And frankly, even if he explicitly said the maps would not overlap at all in that interview (which he didn't, and its probably a stretch to infer that) I would still take it with a grain of salt. Because so many things are changed during game development, and its so easy to add an extra word or exaggerate or misspeak during a live interview that might give off a different impression.

Of course we should use what they say to base our information off of, but we should also not hang on to every word that's been given to us and say, "That's how its definitely going to work months or years from now."

• ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,019
    What are you Manlings chatter-talking about, only those who are crazy-mad belive in Skaven. Surly you know they exist not.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• PeleusPeleus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 112
    SiWi said:

That sucks pretty bad. They are part of the old world as far as I know.
    Indypride said:

Of course we should use what they say to base our information off of, but we should also not hang on to every word that's been given to us and say, "That's how its definitely going to work months or years from now."

Fair enough.
    ò_ó
    Indypride said:

I really don't think people should be acting like they know how CA is going to handle these DLC's or expansions. Just because CA has said the expansions will be standalone games, that does NOT mean there wont be overlap of the Old world and the expansions maps. And it is entirely possible that CA runs into issues with trying to connect the maps and games, or goes in a different direction from what they originally planned or talked briefly about in interviews. Wood Elves do not HAVE to be game 1 DLC, there are numerous ways they could be incorporated later on (if there is a later on. Remember for a trilogy to come to fruition, game 1 has to sell well and other things have to fall in to place. We are not guaranteed later TW Warhammer games)

EVERYTHING is subject to change, especially in regards to how the expansions will work or how many DLC factions will be in a particular game. So just because Chaos is a DLC race for game 1, does not preclude other factions from becoming DLC in the first game, despite what CA might or might not have said. Blogs and social media posts are not divine mandate, things can and do change during game development and afterwards.

When they say Skaven aren't in the first game, we can take them at their word for launch, or not. But that doesn't mean they cant decide 8 months from now to throw them into game 1 as DLC because they've finished their assets ahead of schedule or something. A lot of us seem to be treating one-liners from blogs and Facebook as unequivocal/not up for debate decisions. Again, business decisions can and do change all the time.

Well playing the "everything can change" card("maybe the earth will be flat at some point"), when the facts don't add up for one stance, isn't really convincing in my opinion.

As for the argument about overlapping or not:
    I wouldn't see overlapping as broke with the statement: "different parts of the old world"

If game Nr. 2 has the area south the grey mountains to the TK and Arabia in the south and goes that east to the orges, than that IS a different part of the world, even if Bretonnia ect. are on the first map.
  • ImmaculateDeceptionImmaculateDeception Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,073
    If you are a Skaven fan, you don't want them to merely be a pasted on DLC post release. You want them to at least be given the love that Chaos got which would mean they would be The Antagonist of the next release.
  • steam_164511556922ZvK49s6steam_164511556922ZvK49s6 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,252
    Skaven are not in the first game, CA even said so, why is everyone talking about skaven being in the game now? Or are we still just trying to troll the vampire count fans so endlessly at this point we've actually tricked ourselves as well? :D
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!

If you are a Skaven fan, you don't want them to merely be a pasted on DLC post release. You want them to at least be given the love that Chaos got which would mean they would be The Antagonist of the next release.

What I am trying to get at is maybe they ARE as well thought out as the other races, but they have been keeping them under wraps... think of it like spoilers from a movie. Did any of us know for a fact what would happen in Star Wars? Nope. Spoiler, but nobody spilled the beans.

All I am saying is that it could happen!

@Indypride I'm not assuming to know exactly how they will release stuff and when.. I'm merely suggesting that maybe, given the fact that Skaven are the only real race that has a serious presence in the campaign map given (in Warhammer lore) that aren't there.

- High Elves - Ulthuan
    - Dark Elves - New World
    - Lizardmen - Lustria
    - Ogre Kingdoms - Further east
    - Tomb Kings - South
    - Skaven - They are everywhere but Skavenblight IS within the confines of the campaign map given.

Because of this, I see it as fair speculation, speculation mind you, that they could in fact already be in development and will be available as a DLC/surprise. You never know!

Just a speculation thread, my friend. I'm not trying to instill a riot haha. I just thought that there was potential given the colouring of Estalia's territory and such !!
  • Aztek171#2277Aztek171#2277 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,240

I was thinking Skaven and Daemons as the main antagonists of the 2nd and 3rd game. I think that they are more complicated than what a race pack could be and their mechanics deserve a game. The whole Under Empire itself would be a special thing just for the Skaven.
    @bennymcl
    you do know of the wood elves, right?
    SiWi said:

@bennymcl
    you do know of the wood elves, right?

Ah good point. =D Missed them in my list, but I did mention them in a previous post that CA could be doing something similar with them... call me an optimistic fool =P