Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is it my Mac's fault or is it the Mac Port for Attila?

ZachariaZacharia Posts: 9Registered Users
edited February 2016 in Mac & Linux Support
I recently purchased Attila just a couple days ago and was experiencing some problems extremely similar to basically everyone who ever bought Attila on a mac; crashing.

However, unlike most others, I am able to begin battles, but the quality of the graphics almost ruin the entire game, they're abysmal. It looks like I'm playing a game from a decade ago. Furthermore, before armies even clash the game always crashes without fail.

But I did some research and it seems like this could be an issue with the Mac port for Attila and not my computer's capabilities. I'm assuming CA will eventually smooth out all the issues with Mac running Attila (eventually?) so for the moment I am holding onto Attila instead of simply asking for a refund.

I can run Empire and Shogun II virtually without lag or crashes. Is Attila really that much more graphically superior to the point of my not even being able to run it? Or is this up to CA to fix?

Here are my specs:

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13" Early 2015)
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

So my question is; should I await a solution from CA or because of my CPU, am I wasting my time with trying to run it anyway?

P.S.
I realize all I have to do is compare my specs to the minimum requirements but in terms of gaming and graphic lingo and such I am as clueless as you can get!
Post edited by Zacharia on

Comments

• Lexi_CALexi_CA Posts: 1,531Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi @Kruegtopolis ,
    Have you contacted apple customer support?
    We've had other people experiencing similar issues and it may have been related to overheating.
    Thanks,
    Lexi
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.