Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Joey CAJoey CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 750Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
Hey, guys. Can you sit down? We need to have a talk about Total War: WARHAMMER. It’s called the ‘Here are the specs but we also have some release date news’ talk.

So first things first: we’re moving the launch of the game back by a month to 24 May 2016. Listen – we don’t want to rush this. This could be the best TW game we’ve made and we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust. Hopefully, you can understand that – and of course we apologise for any hassle this might cause you.

We will be changing the date here, and adding specs, today: http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/.

Now, second things second: we have the minimum and recommended specs for you! We can also now reveal that Total War: WARHAMMER will be the first 64Bit Total War title, and that we’re also releasing an additional ‘60fps+ Spec’ for those gamers looking to hit that threshold during battles, and have added additional detail on the frame rate performance you can expect from each specification.

We’ve gone above and beyond to get you the best information you can have to judge how Total War: WARHAMMER will run on your rig. It’s right below.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Specs

Joey CA

The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on

Comments

• MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,432Registered Users
    Part of me is disappointed the release date has been pushed back, because I am excited, but on the other hand this way its released after my exams and therefore I can play it properly on release! Huzzah!

Thanks for all the information.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,256Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    64BIT? Can I believe it. After checking the specs i'm extremely happy looks like i'll make the 60fps+spec even though i'm happy getting a constant 30 fps across all titles, optimization looks good now will really be looking forward too the LP's as many of the youtubers also post their specs and going from memory I think Lionheartx10 has very similar specs. Not worried about waiting an extra month, thanks joey CA.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,430Registered Users
    And I booked my days off... I'm crying and feelong ill now :(
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Well I rather have a polished game on launch later than a technicall problematic one early. Oh 64 bit is awesome :)

• SegersgiaSegersgia Junior Member Posts: 279Registered Users
    Really appreciate the details. Good to know that my pc is capable handling the game.

However, the comparison screenshot link seems missing.
  • ArayelArayel Junior Member Posts: 328Registered Users
    If you'd said it was to make sure the game was finished to the best standard possible including some changes of design due to early feedback I'd be ok with that, but there is no such thing as a trusted review since all reviews are subjective....an extra month of watching other people play...erm no thanks. It's like your PR department is actually trying to sabotage this launch the way its going about things.
  • MoutonMouton Senior Member Posts: 993Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Actually.... I am very happy of this.

When I saw the preview and all CA staff saying "this will be fixed at release" so many time on lot of aspects.. well I was thinking it could be like Rome 2.

Please do not hesitate to postpone even more if needed, the game has to be good at release.

Of course some people will be unhappy about this, but will be way less worst than releasing a buggy game... there you will have unhappy peoples !

Check out my incredible Youtube account !
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3LYIaGuec
  • FreaktouristFreaktourist Posts: 64Registered Users
    oh come on... me and my friend took of for the release date and the friday too .
    I am a little bit disappointed.
  • tewys2tewys2 Junior Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    utter pants and bad planning more time for other people to review .how about us that have pre ordered the limited edition and booked time from work many thanks
    it wouldnt be so bad if the promised you will see loads off gameplay before realse actully happened
    very very sad
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Posts: 3,031Registered Users
    @Arayel take another read, we stated "We dont want to rush this" - It means this has the potential to be the best game we’ve made, and we want to take the time to make sure we are proud of it. It's not just about the reviews =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    While I'm very sad about having to wait another month to play, I can deal with it if it means the game will be finished and perfect on release.

but still :(
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 8,408Registered Users
    as I was afraid... I need a new pc...

As far push back the release goes, if they have problems in some areas, better to push back, then to be sorry afterwards.
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Posts: 3,031Registered Users
    @tewys2 Sorry that you had already booked the time off work! Hopefully you can change that.

There will be plenty more shown before launch!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TimesitheusTimesitheus Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    A bit disappointed at this. I don't personally even care about reviews and I don't mind few bugs at the release. I understand that game at release does not somehow mean that it's never going to change. Just look at Rome 2. Lot's of problems but CA worked hard and fixed them. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather play a bit buggy game than not play it at all, especially considering how excited I am for this game. It also just sucks so hard, when you are told that it's going to release at this time, and then it's not... Well, luckily it's just 1 month and not 6 months or something.
  • SegersgiaSegersgia Junior Member Posts: 279Registered Users

There will be plenty more shown before launch!

Now this is what I want to hear
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 3,619Registered Users
    I am very happy right now. An extra month can do wonders for a game and its a good sign from Sega or and ca
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 550Registered Users
    Well I don't mind the fact that you're pushing back the release date, I hope you use the extra month to optimize the game to perfection. And I was in a bit of a conundrum, Cossacks 3 is scheduled to come out somewhere around the end of April, so now I don't have to rush through one game to play the other, now I can take my time with it until WARHAMMER comes out.
  • ignaciospain1ignaciospain1 Senior Member Posts: 139Registered Users
    Good move. Glad you guys did the right thing. Now, charlotte, please give us some nice video/pic to make us feel nice again!!
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Posts: 1,631Registered Users
    I'm not really familiar with PC-parts and stuff so is there a thread for helping people upgrade specific parts or can we do that here/need to make one? I think that could be pretty cool and helpful for some people, including me.
    Chaos lords should be women

Why is no one talking about mouth feel!?
  • knodo85knodo85 Member Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    I'm not a programmer but still I believe it's a lot easier for developers to fix issues with the game before releasing it to the wild, while they still have complete control over it. Better for them to take the extra time and get it all right now than have a Rome 2 repeat situation.
  • ArayelArayel Junior Member Posts: 328Registered Users
    @CharlotteB CA

Then that should have been the sentence that followed. If you write a statement and follow it with a descriptor you cannot expect people to read the posters mind and assume he meant something other than what was written.
  • rachubikurachubiku Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    Nooooooooooo 24 may

Spec i7 4790k + gtx 980 = 1080p 60fps WTF???

My spec i7 4770 + gtx 970 :/
  • tewys2tewys2 Junior Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    thanks for the reply charlotteB CA i do understand but time from my work is difficult to book and being a full time carer for my son limits my time i will just have to wait longer damn
    many thanks
    tewy
  • IcelosIcelos Posts: 27Registered Users
    any news about mac specs ?
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Posts: 735Registered Users
    Well i guess it gives me more time to sort a new PC.

:cry:
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 15,590Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

I'm not really familiar with PC-parts and stuff so is there a thread for helping people upgrade specific parts or can we do that here/need to make one? I think that could be pretty cool and helpful for some people, including me.

Post your question(s) and the details in the Tech Forum. There are some pretty good folks paying attention that browse there.

https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/technology-discussion
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 17,901Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Joey CA said:

So first things first: we’re moving the launch of the game back by a month to 24 May 2016. Listen – we don’t want to rush this. This could be the best TW game we’ve made and we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust. Hopefully, you can understand that – and of course we apologise for any hassle this might cause you.
    Joey CA

Well that's fine, people want more time for reviewers and they don't want you to rush it. So I can be patient. :)

I do demand Bretonnia in compensation though. ;)

Woot, I meet recommended settings! Don't think I did for Attila! :love:

Interesting with 60 fps thing with all on ultra and such, seems very specific and so likely very specifically tested? :)
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynPosts: 10,593Registered Users
    I weep, but I understand. :)
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,256Registered Users

Left side of the page Off Topic/Technology Discussion https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/technology-discussion some very smart and helpful people drop by there.

I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • CataphCataph Member Posts: 507Registered Users, Cakes!
    *screams internally*

No, ok, I'm fine. I can wait. I can do this. And like it has already been said, better a seasoned product than a rushed one.
    TEAM ALEJANDRO
    *wink wink*
    My Steam Workshop (Warhammer, Rome II)