Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,131Registered Users, Moderators

@bennymcl i normally agree with alot of your posts. in this case, i'm gonna try to be optimistic. the cynical part of me sees what you are saying and thinks, "yah, sounds about right". but i ain't listening to my cynical side. not trying to tell you to chill out. just wanna present a different viewpoint.

i really think we won't know until later. if youtubers get the game and start reviewing it a month early ahead of the may release date, it would seem you are right. especially because it was stated when they get the game, it will be the full release version. however, if youtubers get the the game a week before the new date, that seems to say that it truly is to polish it more. this second part is what i think is really going to happen. for now, i trust CA's given reason that the date has been pushed back to smooth stuff out and make it better. i won't have any reason to believe otherwise until evidence is presented.

Totally agree with this. It depends on what CA does in the coming month or so.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users

@bennymcl i normally agree with alot of your posts. in this case, i'm gonna try to be optimistic. the cynical part of me sees what you are saying and thinks, "yah, sounds about right". but i ain't listening to my cynical side. not trying to tell you to chill out. just wanna present a different viewpoint.

i really think we won't know until later. if youtubers get the game and start reviewing it a month early ahead of the may release date, it would seem you are right. especially because it was stated when they get the game, it will be the full release version. however, if youtubers get the the game a week before the new date, that seems to say that it truly is to polish it more. this second part is what i think is really going to happen. for now, i trust CA's given reason that the date has been pushed back to smooth stuff out and make it better. i won't have any reason to believe otherwise until evidence is presented.

I will agree that if they get it a week in advance, my worrying was for nothing and the push back was for purely polishing. I would love that. But if my cynical side was right and they get the game 3-4 weeks ahead of release, I will be one majorly p'ed-off, pre-ordering, consumer.

The only reason my cynical side remains throughout the day is because they have not come on here once to tell me that my fear mongering is wrong in any way. . . They could easily have come on and said "they will not get it a month before release. We don't know when, but it certainly won't be more than a week or two" ... they never said this. Why? It takes literally 2 seconds to write. THIS is why I am cynical and why everyone else who has pre-ordered and/or planned to take time off, should be asking for the same information
  • StormofaleStormofale Posts: 103Registered Users
    Who's not saying the reviewers will get the buggy version, may have bugs but the games still there for them to review and give us their opinions so when the game does come out bug free we already have review about it although it may be a review of the bugged version who cares its still the same game just no more orc stink clouds and stuff when the masses get it.
  • MurderinMurderin Senior Member Posts: 1,363Registered Users

Ok so I am not super computer savvy. I am running an AMD FX 6300 3.5 ghz, and a gtx 960 2GB, with 16 GB of RAM. What settings should I be looking to run this on with decent fps?

It depends on what you consider decent. I would guess about 30-45 FPS on the high preset shown on the wiki page. That CPU isn't very good.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users

Who's not saying the reviewers will get the buggy version, may have bugs but the games still there for them to review and give us their opinions so when the game does come out bug free we already have review about it although it may be a review of the bugged version who cares its still the same game just no more orc stink clouds and stuff when the masses get it.

The public testing bugs is more efficient. This is a bad argument.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,131Registered Users, Moderators
    bennymcl said:

I will agree that if they get it a week in advance, my worrying was for nothing and the push back was for purely polishing. I would love that. But if my cynical side was right and they get the game 3-4 weeks ahead of release, I will be one majorly p'ed-off, pre-ordering, consumer.

The only reason my cynical side remains throughout the day is because they have not come on here once to tell me that my fear mongering is wrong in any way. . . They could easily have come on and said "they will not get it a month before release. We don't know when, but it certainly won't be more than a week or two" ... they never said this. Why? It takes literally 2 seconds to write. THIS is why I am cynical and why everyone else who has pre-ordered and/or planned to take time off, should be asking for the same information
    I would expect the reviewers to get it about 2 weeks to 1 week earlier. 3 Weeks+ would be a bit much I think, but only because they have stated the reviewers are getting the launch copy.

That being said, they have responded to you. They basically said they hadn't announced when the reviewers would get their copy. That could be interpreted either way, I suppose, but I think that it points to just not wanting to make a commitment one way or another that they are not certain about.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Posts: 2,161Registered Users

they already stated the reviewers will have the full and normal version of the game, nothing special. I'm betting there is still a release day patch for extra stuff for them to cram in but they DID say that, I don't mind one way or another really, just pointing out some facts. I WOULD be **** off if they got it a month ahead of time and took time off as that IS the original release day, I was probably going to make that phone call today with my chain of command. Glad I did not.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KPosts: 1,807Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Those who pre-ordered should get the game as normal since it was their decision to do so. Those who never, should wait that extra time. This has to be one of the worse decisions I have seen CA make in giving special privalidges to a bunch of youtube reviewers and what not over their customers who pre-ordered the game, broken on release or not no matter how people try and play this down. It does leave a bitter taste knowing how much you're worth to these people.

Also, I am not going to be treat this way by CA either, and neither should the rest of you. So, I do request a moderator delete this forum account as I am canceling my pre-order, and will perhaps re-consider buying it sometime next year, if I am not too busy playing something else.

Lucifer.
    Post edited by Lucifer on

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Posts: 652Registered Users
    Occams Razor people - they have two follow up titles to sell you and cant afford a bombed out release. Hence the delay. Good chance that they have already invested time and money in making assets for the other games as the early screenshot catch of a devlopers monitor with what looked to be high elf units attests to.

Do you really think they are delaying just to get friendly youtube reviews to lull you into purchasing a broken game and then trying to sell sequels after such a ruse? That would be the #1 worst strategy possible to screw over sales of the sequels. Not even the suits at Sega would play so loose with their investments in the sequels.

Worry about the launch of game #3 down the road would make more sense, particularly if it follows two successes.

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    Gwydion said:

MrBungles said:

For those that planned vacations around this game; That. Is. Sad.

Go to the beach! Something! Anything! You can play games any other time.

Fireman, EMT, Paramedic, EVOC, Surfer, SkyDiver, married to a amazing 10/10. IT has nothing to do with "go outside!"

I was JUST about to take time off for this. A LOT of time off and if anyone thinks time off is easy to comeby as a fireman / paramedic guess again imagine trying to ask for time off in the military. I would have been SO ****, if I had done that only for them to move it.

It's not about going outside, as pardon me but I think I outclass you in "outside stuff", its about something some of us have been dreaming about getting our hands on as fans of warhammer in ALL its forms, and fans of total war, since we were kids.

Besides if someone truly does sit inside all day... who cares? If they are truly happy with that life let them be, they aren't hurting anyone and there's no need to poke fun at people.
    Lol, REKT!
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,667Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Comments directed at other members deleted.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,459Registered Users
    Great decision, CA. Really looking forward to the game and glad you are putting the effort into it. Any hints about additional content you may be adding or any specifics you want to polish.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,484Registered Users
    Despite my own disappointment, this is a decision that should be applauded.

CAs reasoning is sound.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,056Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    I actually don't understand the backlash to this. I am yet to see a comment opposing it where I go "yeah that makes sense". It's all just unbenign drivel targeted at CA and a bunch of accusation.

I get the frustration ladies and gents, especially for those who booked time off that sucks so much. But to then go and rail on CA you lose all my sympathies for what is the single best decision they have made in the process of designing a game.

I know the masses tend do have short memories but did you all forget Rome 2????? I remember playing it on launch day and making the biggest mistake of my life: not turning on battle timer. To watch 3 stacks come to attack my walls only to sit outside and do nothing. My choices were sally out and lose or sit in infinite frustrated. I chose the third option, closing Rome 2 and not playing it again until it was working.

The idea that giving reviewers a bit of extra time to review the game will increase pre-order sales is...odd to me. They were going to do so anyway, and even if the reviewers gain an extra week than previously, I find it hard to believe that anyone who was interested in taking a look at the game wouldn't have done so already.

The only reason they would do this is if they had issues with the game that they thought needed to be addressed. Think about how much money this extra month without selling the game will cost CA/SEGA. And you're telling me it's a marketing ploy? Laughable.

I want to play this game as much as anybody here. I've waited a loooong ass time for this. The game needs to be working at an acceptable level at launch however, and Rome 2 didn't. If this fixes that then I'm all for it.

"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Swin2000Swin2000 Junior Member BristolPosts: 8Registered Users
    I've had a quick scan through, but cant see what I'm about to ask.....

What would be the AMD equivalent min/recommended specs?

• BoindilBoindil Posts: 459Registered Users
    swin2000 said:

I've had a quick scan through, but cant see what I'm about to ask.....

What would be the AMD equivalent min/recommended specs?

That would be nice to know!

For me it really depends on the time CA decides to give the reviewers to play the game, because:

1. They said it will be the whole game (and I assume this means also the finished game).
    2. It makes no sense to give it to reviewers if the game is finished even if they can find a few more bugs.

If the reviewers get like two weeks (max) for testing I am fine, if the get a unfinished game I am fine too ;)
  • Ulysees2010Ulysees2010 Posts: 12Registered Users

I actually don't understand the backlash to this. I am yet to see a comment opposing it where I go "yeah that makes sense". It's all just unbenign drivel targeted at CA and a bunch of accusation.

The issue I have with the delay is I do not believe without involving the public in some way that extra time will lead to a better release. So personally if for security and speed of iteration they refuse to open this up to some form of public beta test I would prefer them to launch as planned and then spend the next month actually fixing all the **** that will go wrong when the unwashed masses and their unoptimised piles of crap try and run this game expecting to get great frame rates but either being unable or unwilling to have a machine that is capable of acheiving steady frame rates.

I have bought every TW game released. I have pre-ordered this one and I will buy all the future ones as well because I love the series but this denial that opening this up to public beta as the way forward for achieving a smooth release seems nonsensical to me and they just need more time doesn't add up based on past release experience since Empire.
  • XyphaXypha Brussels (Belgium)Posts: 108Registered Users

The only reason they would do this is if they had issues with the game that they thought needed to be addressed. Think about how much money this extra month without selling the game will cost CA/SEGA. And you're telling me it's a marketing ploy? Laughable.

Unless in reality they are working on dlc or other projects. Then they would only be delaying income by a month.

Truth is, none of us know anything. And in my eyes CA doesn't have to tell us.

I am also disappointed, but hey when does life go 100% they way you want it to?

P.S I work in construction where deadlines and planning are always subject to change. So i am used to it. ;)
  • BrahimBugBrahimBug Senior Member Posts: 592Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Hmm hopefully the Witcher 3 expansion comes out in April, give me time to finish that before I dedicate my life to TW:W =D

Also - I am supportive of the delay. Do whatever you need to do to have the game ready and, as my signature reads, functional at launch.

Godspeed CA.
    Post edited by BrahimBug on
    Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,056Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    ./Facepalm

You know what, you guys are right.

CA will never have the game finished.

Vampire Counts have been replaced with spider pigs and halflings.

They delayed the release of potentially their most lucrative title to date to;

1) Annoy us all.
    2) Make DLC, because DLC cannot be made when the game has come out...you know...like 95% of DLC.
    3) Ensure they remove the green stink clouds bug from spider pigs and ensure their ceiling mud trails are properly animated.

Some things you don't need a public beta to test or fix. Maybe... just maybe... the delay was for one of these things.

"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • horace35horace35 Junior Member Posts: 200Registered Users

I get the frustration ladies and gents, especially for those who booked time off that sucks so much. But to then go and rail on CA you lose all my sympathies for what is the single best decision they have made in the process of designing a game.

I know the masses tend do have short memories but did you all forget Rome 2????? I remember playing it on launch day and making the biggest mistake of my life: not turning on battle timer. To watch 3 stacks come to attack my walls only to sit outside and do nothing. My choices were sally out and lose or sit in infinite frustrated. I chose the third option, closing Rome 2 and not playing it again until it was working.

The idea that giving reviewers a bit of extra time to review the game will increase pre-order sales is...odd to me. They were going to do so anyway, and even if the reviewers gain an extra week than previously, I find it hard to believe that anyone who was interested in taking a look at the game wouldn't have done so already.

I want to play this game as much as anybody here. I've waited a loooong ass time for this. The game needs to be working at an acceptable level at launch however, and Rome 2 didn't. If this fixes that then I'm all for it.

This man is talking sense
  • cornishrcornishr Member Posts: 241Registered Users
    Pushing the release date back can only ever be a good thing in the long run...
  • JammyJokerJammyJoker Posts: 139Registered Users
    horace35 said:

This man is talking sense
    Down with this sort of thing!
    JammyJoker the Scottish Gamer Channel;
    @ Twitter
    @YouTube
  • Aren73Aren73 Junior Member Posts: 391Registered Users
    BrahimBug said:

Hmm hopefully the Witcher 3 expansion comes out in April, give me time to finish that before I dedicate my life to TW:W =D

Also - I am supportive of the delay. Do whatever you need to do to have the game ready and, as my signature reads, functional at launch.

Godspeed CA.

Right with you there. Also notice how CA has done a CDPR on us here (which is GOOD, Witcher 3 was delayed and look at how that turned out).

Just do what you're doing CA, don't let the naysayers get you down.
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE, MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Team Vampire Counts
  • SantobubuSantobubu Member Posts: 398Registered Users
    Hello CA peeps and Joey more specifically (Just cause you started the topic),

Just wanted to say that it is indeed a harsh news for everyone who is eagerly expecting this game, but on a personal level I am 100% behind you and your decision of postponing the game release.

I am looking for quality on day 1, if you need an extra month to deliver it, then by all means please do so. Make me believe in you guys again as Rome 2 was the botched job that hurt that confidence in your abilities to commit.
    So yeah, I'll happily bear the wait whilst I am crossing my fingers for THE total war to rule them all and I wish the teams best of luck with stress, pressure, overtime and all the unpleasantness of such situation.

PS : That just me being cheeky but given that you have more time, can we look at adding Bretonnia as a Freelc on release date ? :smiley:

• twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,217Registered Users
    Could the delay be a natural reaction on CA’s part to increasing consumer awareness to request a refund on steam. This may have raised the QA threshold on the release go ahead.
  • NorsaNorsa Senior Member Posts: 997Registered Users
    Thanks alot, and i really mean that!

If the game needs 1month or 6 is fine by me as long as the game is really really good :D
    People who rage against deleays never seem to understand that rushing a game leads to bad game!
    First they rage about delays, then, if the game is rushed, they rage about bugs

As for speccs, its about time!! 32bit needs to DIE! I really really hope its optimised for atleast 4cores (singlecores should be just about extict with dual core sure to follow suit soon.
    And for the % who has single/dual core computers, i would think those people are not in your target demograpich anyway)

Ps: Still loving the new public relations approach from you guys :D
    2%
  • Total_War_EXPERTTotal_War_EXPERT Posts: 1Registered Users
    At least it will work well
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,362Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Saucysoup said:

Quick question for the specs. Does recommended mean you could run (ultra) on the game? Because I exceed the recommended for Processor/memory, but for graphics I'm exactly on the border with GTX 760 (recommended). So I am just wondering If I can handle ultra (aka whatever the max is) on TW: Warhammer for the full on experience.
    -Thank you

If you are unfamiliar with TW games, you are able to run a benchmark (a short video of a battle) to try different settings and check your frames per second. So really it's a matter of what you want detailed (ideally "everything" but only the most powerful machines can handle this) and what FPS is acceptable to you.

I like large units with a lot of detail and will accept my FPS getting as low as the upper twenties .. so I keep running the benchmark on "Ultra" sized -units and "Ultra" unit details, compromising on everything else. until my lowest FPS is acceptable to me. What your "correct" settings are depends on what you want and (unless you have a maxed-out PC) what compromises you make.

For my somewhat-older mid-priced Alienware laptop:

"Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • LandgigLandgig Posts: 120Registered Users
    CA just take my money!!! Because of the delay treat us to some bretonnian content before the VC on 15th :) can't wait to put XXXX amount of hours into this! Just make it right xoxox