Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Comments

• bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
    I am kind of confused by this. So you guys are giving reviewers early access for an extra month even though the game will be ready on time? Why not just patch as needed. Rather disappointing.
  • MogustheDogMogustheDog Posts: 553Registered Users
    Great news on the 64 bit and fps performance!

I'm disappointed I'll have to wait another month, but I'd rather the game gets polished to the sheen that you guys are content first.
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Posts: 3,031Registered Users
    @bennymcl Not only reviews but also It means this has the potential to be the best game we’ve made, and we want to take the time to make sure we are proud of it.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,415Registered Users
    Admit it it, it's to make halflings recruitable. ;)
    Don't worry.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Posts: 1,715Registered Users
    icenii said:

Left side of the page Off Topic/Technology Discussion https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/technology-discussion some very smart and helpful people drop by there.

thanks! :D
    Chaos lords should be women

Why is no one talking about mouth feel!?
  • D3stiinyD3stiiny Posts: 122Registered Users
    I was first reading 24 March xD
    But its ok better a good game a month later than a broke game at start. So i will need another game to play in the time between. Maybe a short trip to 40k with gothic armada =)
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 581Registered Users
    In my opinion is good move CA.Realse later-but finished game.Listen fans-change whats its wrong and make good game.Not like Rome II when vers1.0 was the most garbage and disaponted TW ever.So pls CA take Your time and finish game before launch.I can wait more-but dont wanna again pay for beta-testing.
    GJ CA-listen fans,finish game...and later launch.
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightPosts: 2,017Registered Users

@bennymcl Not only reviews but also It means this has the potential to be the best game we’ve made, and we want to take the time to make sure we are proud of it.

If this brief delay is what you guys feel needs doing, do it and don't let Sega or impatient fans pressure you into releasing it before your ready to do so.

May 24th isn't that long to wait, it'll be here before we know it :)

"Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• FalxmanFalxman Member Posts: 208Registered Users
    Good I can wait. It's only 2.5 months away.
    There is nothing if there isn't Total War
  • JammyJokerJammyJoker Posts: 139Registered Users
    Disappointing but understandable. We want it to be the best it can be. I am still really excited about it!
    JammyJoker the Scottish Gamer Channel;
    @ Twitter
    @YouTube
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,266Registered Users
    Well...damn....this is a disappointment, I thought I could probably survive on far cry/mk xl till march for the division and then its only 1 month of waiting for warhammer :(

You know.. after playing blizzard games for over 15 years I don't trust those delays "in the hopes the game will be perfect"

How about you release some information about the other 2 factions eh? those that are far more interesting than the damn dwarfs and empire. 12 more weeks.. you can probably do something about vc and chaos right? its not like people are going to come back to the forums to look for those after the game releases.
  • horace35horace35 Junior Member Posts: 200Registered Users
    Your clickable link for comparison shots does not work/exist
  • Filthy_man_thingFilthy_man_thing Posts: 474Registered Users
    I think we're all disappointed, obviously, but I was literally thinking earlier "Wow, in later expansions to this title they're gonna need to do SOOO much balancing before each release!"

A delay's a delay, sucks but it happens, and It's better than pushing it out before you're happy with it :-)
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,366Registered Users

icenii said:

Left side of the page Off Topic/Technology Discussion https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/technology-discussion some very smart and helpful people drop by there.

thanks! :D
    No problem was actually ninja'd by dge1 :)

I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    Rochaid29 said:

Well...damn....this is a disappointment, I thought I could probably survive on far cry/mk xl till march for the division and then its only 1 month of waiting for warhammer :(

You know.. after playing blizzard games for over 15 years I don't trust those delays "in the hopes the game will be perfect"

How about you release some information about the other 2 factions eh? those that are far more interesting than the damn dwarfs and empire. 12 more weeks.. you can probably do something about vc and chaos right? its not like people are going to come back to the forums to look for those after the game releases.

The ides of March are next week...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    @Rochaid29 as we've said before : We will be releasing information on VC and Chaos warriors before release.

#BewareTheIdesOfMarch!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Arcane_BodkinArcane_Bodkin Junior Member Posts: 44Registered Users
    I'll have my graduated by the time the new release date rolls around, probably for the best for me....
  • Ulysees2010Ulysees2010 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Dear CA

Please if you are going to delay a 15 year plus dream then please please do this right and make use of the time in a productive manner that guarantees your launch is smooth and gets you a bunch of extra pre-orders to boot.

I don't know what an extra month is going to achieve for you unless you open the game up to a massive beta test because I am sorry to say I don't believe that with the outliers of those people with dedicated gaming rigs a hell of a lot of people are still going to experience issues come release day and all you will have achieved is to frustrate your fan base in the extreme that you took extra time to release and still screwed up.

Please consider releasing 3 set battles and in the interest of making a ton of money open it up on the old release date and to players willing to pre-order before the release date. Give us a siege, an open battle and a quest battle with predefined forces. Make it low tier so we are not experiencing too much but make sure we have a flyer, a magic user and an artilery piece in the composition. Hook up one of those DXDiag things and then get your public to do a proper beta test.

You say you have the opportunity to make the best TW game so far. I agree and I also agree with taking more time to deliver the right product but I honestly believe that you have to involve us, the fanbase, if you really want to deliver the best launch experience possible for the widest audience possible.

Fingers crossed

Sean
  • MrBunglesMrBungles Posts: 123Registered Users
    Hmm man I have a Intel 2 duel core 3.0GHZ but 8 gigs of RAM and a really good graphics card. Not sure if I will be okay or not...

hey @Ulysees - Due to security reasons and to enable us to rapidly iterate, we carry out closed beta tests internally and with players during play tests, but not as open public betas.
  • SteelFaithSteelFaith Senior Member Posts: 1,000Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    No worries honestly, I need more time to fully delve into and enjoy Battlefleet Gothic Armada. I want to see TW Warhammer done right, and not half arsed - polished is the way to do things, and it seems you guys learned your lesson with Rome II, which is awesome.

BUT can you please talk with the head devs, and ask if they could consider doing an exclusive beta for players who pre-order?
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynPosts: 10,985Registered Users
    Setrus said:

Admit it it, it's to make halflings recruitable. ;)

I will slap you, so hard. :p
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • AhsasAhsas Member Posts: 47Registered Users
    While the delay is sad news by itself, the willingness to push the game back to make sure it is in top shape at release is fantastic news and bodes really well for the game and the attitude being taken towards it. A+
  • TigTig Senior Member Posts: 829Registered Users
    Awww... Sadness... :'( okay.jpeg
    The Indomitable Gaul 2.0. Brought to you by Total War Access.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    @Setrus
    @IzzyStradlin
    I hope CA releases a cinematic trailer on the 01.04...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
    edited March 2016

Well ... I get that, but what you are saying is that you want to release it for reviewers a full month earlier than before. Which means you already will have your production readied product done in time for them to be reviewing for a month or more?

You're pretty much telling us "We are releasing a full month after we told you we were, but don't worry, you can watch other people play it for a month" ... Everything fun and surprising will be spoiled by reviewers. I want to be the reviewer myself. "...reviewer you trust" I am the only reviewer I trust fully. You never know if you're going to like something until you try it.

I want to be clear: I am happy that the game will be as polished as possible... but can you not do that with internal testers? What's the point of the youtube reviews playing for a month beforehand and spoiling the whole game.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Posts: 1,472Registered Users
    This does not suprise me at all. I rather expected this to happen. Now I really want to get extra spoiled during the Ides of march :]
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,049Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Lol, some of you guys are as dense as a slab of concrete.

They are clearly pushing it back first and foremost because they need more time to complete it/make it as good as it could possibly be. They would never do anything like this simply for reviewers, that's just a nice thing to help us digest their decision.

I personally am very glad they did this because until EE I found Rome 2 almost unplayable.

Cheers CA, you done did the right thang.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • UltrasonsUltrasons Posts: 3Registered Users
    Well like everyone else here I'm disappointed obviously, but why didn't you show us some gameplay or something like that to relieve us?