Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Comments

• rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 950Registered Users
    this is more in line with my college schedule so i won't be murdered for playing this game and neglecting my gpa. a small part of me is sad, but my brain is mostly happy. take your time cuz messing this title up may mean people don't come back to get the 2nd and 3rd. (as if y'all haven't thought that)

the only thing i see that's bad about this is that it seems a fair few forum members actually scheduled time off. unfortunate.

i know Charlotte said that y'all will be showing alot more off. how much more? are info releases and blogs and pictures gonna be released at an increased frequency? or will frequency stay the same but quantity of info is increased? cuz it kinda seems moot to say, we're going to show alot more off, but keep to the same schedule when release date has been pushed back a month. don't mean to be rude, that's just what i think.

welp, keep up the good work and give us some juicy stuff to digest please.

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• Warlord reaperWarlord reaper Junior Member Posts: 673Registered Users
    HEY the spec are only for Windows your not making total war Warhammer form Mac?
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,415Registered Users
    @bennymcl : MANY people want to see reviewers be able to do indepth reviews rather than a quick 40 turns thing, CA is not making the game just for you. :)
    Also, as I remember from the Rome 2 pre-release excuses from reviewers, they usually don't review the actually finished product. :)

Just avoid the youtube reviewers and maybe even the forum during that extra month if you want to avoid it...? :)
    SiWi said:

@Setrus
    @IzzyStradlin
    I hope CA releases a cinematic trailer on the 01.04...

That would be pretty awesome. :lol:

BTW; Wow, these settings...I don't think a new total war has ever recommended me to play everything on "high" settings... :open_mouth:
    No doubt I'll play around with it though.
    Don't worry.
  • BlendcryBlendcry Junior Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    Man I dont know whether I should cry or jump because of joy.....

64bit is AWESOME. Meeting the specs roughly at high with my current rig .... but knowing that and now I have to wait one more month will be torture..

Seriously though, these are good news. Your community interaction keeps getting better and better and now you finally even have the confidence to push back releases - keep it up!
    and
    just DO IT
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Setrus said:

@bennymcl : MANY people want to see reviewers be able to do indepth reviews rather than a quick 40 turns thing, CA is not making the game just for you. :)
    Also, as I remember from the Rome 2 pre-release excuses from reviewers, they usually don't review the actually finished product. :)

Just avoid the youtube reviewers and maybe even the forum during that extra month if you want to avoid it...? :)

SiWi said:

@Setrus
    @IzzyStradlin
    I hope CA releases a cinematic trailer on the 01.04...

That would be pretty awesome. :lol:

BTW; Wow, these settings...I don't think a new total war has ever recommended me to play everything on "high" settings... :open_mouth:
    No doubt I'll play around with it though.
    Right but... let's say they do in depth reviews and half of them hate it. What do you see the response from CA being? Postponing again? I would assume that having the masses review would be better than a select few and patcha along the way as needed. Also, avoid everything Warhammer for a month? I have been waiting for this game for 18 years... it's not possible. It's just rather disappointing that anyone would need more than even a 20 turn review to know whether or not they would want to play this game. You don't have to reveal all in order to know you'll enjoy a game.

CA has gone through extra lengths to make this game more story driven. They are going to ruin that aspect for a loooot of people based on their technique of giving reviewers tons of free reign over the "not finished" finished product ( even though it may not be the finished product, it'll be pretty darn close I'd wager)
  • MontresorMontresor Junior Member Posts: 320Registered Users
    Excellent to see you are prioritizing a polished release. This is very good news.

On a personal note, this is fantastic news for me. I have an exhibition opening right at the end of April, a symposium to run, and various papers to write. By the end of May, this work will have eased considerably, so the timing couldn't be better for me.
  • Galak56Galak56 Posts: 131Registered Users
    If a month gives you time for polish, go for it. That said, if you find yourself with time to spare, wouldn't mind seeing you guys experimenting with larger unit sizes. ;) even if it's in a post-launch patch, give the spruced up computers a real challenge generating 200 men per units oreso :D.
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynPosts: 10,985Registered Users
    If you've been waiting for 18 years, then really you can wait for another month. It'll pay off - I don't reasonably see how it couldn't. :)
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • VolistadVolistad Posts: 5Registered Users
    Oh god i certainly need a new PC now but then again mine is a 5 year old alienware one so i guess its time.
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,366Registered Users

Is total war Warhammer going to be for Mac?

Personal opinion yes it will at some future date but you'll just have too wait for official confirmation CA will have too make sure it's working well for all the windows users before doing the same for mac I think.

I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • DoctoralexDoctoralex Posts: 96Registered Users
    The same release date as Overwatch? oh dear...
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,468Registered Users
    Arayel said:

If you'd said it was to make sure the game was finished to the best standard possible including some changes of design due to early feedback I'd be ok with that, but there is no such thing as a trusted review since all reviews are subjective....an extra month of watching other people play...erm no thanks. It's like your PR department is actually trying to sabotage this launch the way its going about things.

Sorry, but this is exactly how I feel.

I'm not 12 years old. I don't need some idiot on you tube to justify my purchasing decisions. This is the silliest reason to delay release I have ever heard.

I do not give a toss what the narcissists online think of the game. I want to experience it ASAP and now I have to rearrange my holiday plans for basically nothing.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• IchonIchon Senior Member Posts: 4,778Registered Users
    It is the right move- with trilogy on the line please no repeat of Rome 2. I do believe Attila sales suffered due to that launch and I hope Warhammer is much more successful.

More time for little details, AI, and general polish can not hurt!
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.

If you've been waiting for 18 years, then really you can wait for another month. It'll pay off - I don't reasonably see how it couldn't. :)

It's not the wait. it's giving such exclusive and in depth access to a bunch of youtubers who will spoil the game. And please, no more "avoid the forums and youtube for a month" comments. clearly I thought of that. But that's asking a lot.
  • FlotchFlotch Junior Member Posts: 113Registered Users
    Such an annoucement and not even a crazy screenshot to calm down everybody ? :D

Thank you for the specs by the way. Good luck to polish the damn game ^^
  • Rich55Rich55 Posts: 856Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    @CharlotteB CA The link for the comparison screenshots does not seem to be working.

Disappointing news about the release, I hope the extra month can make a big difference to the game. Nice info about the specs breakdown, some options in there that I did not expect to see.

Plus its nice to finally be in the 64bit era, hopefully this will help with the memory usage.

Edit: I do not see any info about resolution options apart from the recommended specs. Is 1440p available?
    HoneyBun said:

Arayel said:

If you'd said it was to make sure the game was finished to the best standard possible including some changes of design due to early feedback I'd be ok with that, but there is no such thing as a trusted review since all reviews are subjective....an extra month of watching other people play...erm no thanks. It's like your PR department is actually trying to sabotage this launch the way its going about things.

Sorry, but this is exactly how I feel.

I'm not 12 years old. I don't need some idiot on you tube to justify my purchasing decisions. This is the silliest reason to delay release I have ever heard.

I do not give a toss what the narcissists online think of the game. I want to experience it ASAP and now I have to rearrange my holiday plans for basically nothing.
    I agree but in a less aggressive way lol. I don't need anyone else telling me if I will enjoy a game. 'In-depth' reviews are never a reason for my purchse
  • PlaidShirtsPlaidShirts Junior Member Posts: 280Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    While initially disappointed, I am now happy. This is going to be on a 64bit engine and I will be able to run it somewhere between high and ultra, and won't have to go out and get a new graphics card as I feared. News of a 64bit engine offsets disappointment over a delay for me. Also happy because this will help create a more stable launch, better reviews, and a better future for the trilogy.

Edit: changed not to now. Thanks auto-correct.

Edit 2: removed comment that no longer applied because many posters beat me. People posting fast about this!
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,489Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    YEA 60 fps on Ultra I am coming :) :) :)
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - England
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
  • thesniperdevilthesniperdevil Senior Member Posts: 1,929Registered Users
    Oohhhhh thanks for the update!

Little gutting that I have to wait another month, but the justification is 100% fine. I want to ensure that I promote this approach to development- so that we can avoid situations where games are pushed out early to meet an expected commitment.

As for the specs, I think I might be ok! Will need to double check when I go home. Hopefully another month of optimising will make things better!
    edited March 2016
    @Grace CA @Joey CA @CharlotteB CA

Can you please tell us the level of access these youtube reviewers will get? Why give these guys sooo much access so as to spoil the story elements you have worked so hard to be surprises for people? I would love to understand the reasoning behind this. (I'm not trying to sound snarky, I'm actually interested to know) thanks
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 581Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Give demo(same like Shogu II) for pepole on steam dear CA-fans simply and cleary tell You whats is wrong and whats expect.
    Better delay this game even 5 month like realese garbage.Its first part from 3.If we screwed up first part who buy next two?Ignor trolling-BUT listen construcive criticism?
    So maybe demo is the best choice for You CA?
  • spuddspudd WalesPosts: 212Registered Users
    Literally so gutted - i know it will be made perfect but maaan i wanna play it xD

Team Chaos

• bentygerbentyger Senior Member Posts: 581Registered Users
    Wouldn't have pre-ordered yesterday if I'd known you were putting it off.
    Bad show CA, not amused.

I could have waited another month, and I wouldn't have had to skimp and scrape for the next few weeks.

Thanks very much.

I understand your reasons, but this close to the launch date, with no prior warning, is really bad form.

• AbonzoAbonzo Member Posts: 318Registered Users
    hopefully work lets me change my weeks holiday :'(
    Pre Steam Hours On Total War Franchise - Un countable - played every game and expansion since shogun

Steam Hours On Total War - 3618 and counting

Steam Hours Breakdown
    Rome 2 - 1451
    Atilla - 1015
    Shogun 2 - 743
    Warhammer - 376
    Empire/medieval 2 ( got in sale, played on disk mainly) - 33

i think i have a addiction.

*please excuse my bad English*
  • AmericanViking22AmericanViking22 Junior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    I'm gonna chime in here, whilst I'm disappointed with the delay, of course, I'm ok if they feel the game need more polish. What really annoys me, however, is the new release date is a Tuesday as opposed to a Thursday. Before, I had planned on taking the Friday off (really glad I didn't ask for it now!) and enjoying a long weekend with TWW. Now that plan just isn't going to work. I might be able to get the following Wednesday off, but it just won't be the same.
  • Rich55Rich55 Posts: 856Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

@Grace CA @Joey CA @CharlotteB CA

Can you please tell us the level of access these youtube reviewers will get? Why give these guys sooo much access so as to spoil the story elements you have worked so hard to be surprises for people? I would love to understand the reasoning behind this. (I'm not trying to sound snarky, I'm actually interested to know) thanks

I don't think they mean they are going to get access to the game a full month before release, I expect they need more time for bug fixing and would expect reviewers to get about 10 days access before release. Lets face it the Youtubers are going to drop whatever they are doing to dedicate time to covering this.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KPosts: 1,807Registered Users
    @Joey CA

Thank you for the update. I did also take time off work for the release, but I can easily re-schedule this. As much as I'd love to get my hands on Warhammer to play, I know CA have not taken this decision lightly and therefor respect it, and look forward to a more polished and better game upon completion. If you need beta testers, let us at it.

Now you owe us lots of videos and screenshots until that time! >:)

Lucifer.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • Anubis259Anubis259 Senior Member AyrPosts: 399Registered Users
    Well on the bright side, this means I have extra time to get a second r9 290 since it seems one wont be enough for ultra :).
    MOB: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER
    CPU: Intel I5 4690K @ 4.5ghz
    GPU: Asus R9 290 DirectCU II OC
    RAM: Ripjaws X 1600mhz 8gb
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 850W
    OSY: Windows 10 64bit