Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Comments

• bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
    Rich55 said:

bennymcl said:

@Grace CA @Joey CA @CharlotteB CA

Can you please tell us the level of access these youtube reviewers will get? Why give these guys sooo much access so as to spoil the story elements you have worked so hard to be surprises for people? I would love to understand the reasoning behind this. (I'm not trying to sound snarky, I'm actually interested to know) thanks

I don't think they mean they are going to get access to the game a full month before release, I expect they need more time for bug fixing and would expect reviewers to get about 10 days access before release. Lets face it the Youtubers are going to drop whatever they are doing to dedicate time to covering this.
    "we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust"

pretty sure this means they will have more time than originally intended. If not, CA needs to work on their wording in important posts
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Posts: 3,031Registered Users
    @Memnon As i've said previously on this thread : "Due to security reasons and to enable us to rapidly iterate, we carry out closed beta tests internally and with players during play tests, but not as open public betas"

I hope that explains why we wont be doing an open Beta for the game.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • horace35horace35 Junior Member Posts: 200Registered Users
    Joey CA said:

Now, second things second: we have the minimum and recommended specs for you! We can also now reveal that Total War: WARHAMMER will be the first 64Bit Total War title, and that we’re also releasing an additional ‘60fps+ Spec’ for those gamers looking to hit that threshold during battles, and have added additional detail on the frame rate performance you can expect from each specification. Not only that, but if you want comparison screenshots of the game on different hardware, click here: [link]

Joey CA

Im a-clicking but not a-likin
  • TyrionLamperougeTyrionLamperouge Junior Member Posts: 268Registered Users
    I love that this time we don´t have a rush realease date.Ty very much and work hard to make the best game posible.
  • GrayserGrayser Junior Member Posts: 233Registered Users
    Although this was a massive punch in the gut as I have been eagerly hoping for Total war warhammer for the past 10 years I understand that things crop up during development and this really has the potential to be the best TW ever.

I assume this extra time will be used to implement some of the features suggested by the community? One can hope at least.

Having said all that, you better up the damn rate of battle videos or I will go crazy waiting another month. :P
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,056Registered Users
    What happened to the pictures comparison for us to ogle?
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • gekjgekj Junior Member Posts: 160Registered Users
    And for 1440p 60 fps ? a 980 ti and I7 6700k I presume ?

And 64bit means the engine is 64 bit ?
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Posts: 810Registered Users
    Well, of course, a bit disappointed, but if that is for the best of the game, I take it.

I think your guys don't want to make the same mistakes (empire, rome2...), and you're right.

Give us a well optimized game, with as much content as possible at launch, with the less bugs possible. And a gift would be perfect ! With Bretonnia, you could give us Kislev :D
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,134Registered Users, Moderators
    Good on you all, it takes guts to pull this kind of a move, even if it is for the betterment of the game.

Thanks for the information!

-Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    @Commissar_G

It was an incorrect link, we will be adding those a little bit later!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightPosts: 2,017Registered Users

@Commissar_G

It was an incorrect link, we will be adding those #SoonTM

There we go corrected it for you :)

"Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,176Registered Users
    Better safe than sorry. Got no problems waiting, just make sure it doesn`t end up like Rome 2 at release.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • emirmenaemirmena Posts: 162Registered Users
    I kinda feel **** and happy at the same time.... i dont know exactly how to feel.

BUT!!! you guys should Maybe give bretonnia free at launch (A) love love love love you guys

*secret kisses to all of you*
  • Warlord reaperWarlord reaper Junior Member Posts: 673Registered Users
    Is Warhammer for Mac or not?
  • D3stiinyD3stiiny Posts: 122Registered Users
    I'm okay with the later release date but the idea of an open beta version for pre orderers would be really cool. Like many games do as apromotion thing. Much better then just a couple of guys on youtube get to play it.
    It would be a good balance between gettin the game ready and having all of us hardcore hyped guys having a hand on it earlier =)

Or we all have to get our own youtubechanels online asap xD
    @CharlotteB CA

No info about just how much access these youtubers will have as per my previous post?
  • FrontlinerDeltaFrontlinerDelta Senior Member Posts: 3,549Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

HoneyBun said:

Arayel said:

If you'd said it was to make sure the game was finished to the best standard possible including some changes of design due to early feedback I'd be ok with that, but there is no such thing as a trusted review since all reviews are subjective....an extra month of watching other people play...erm no thanks. It's like your PR department is actually trying to sabotage this launch the way its going about things.

Sorry, but this is exactly how I feel.

I'm not 12 years old. I don't need some idiot on you tube to justify my purchasing decisions. This is the silliest reason to delay release I have ever heard.

I do not give a toss what the narcissists online think of the game. I want to experience it ASAP and now I have to rearrange my holiday plans for basically nothing.
    I agree but in a less aggressive way lol. I don't need anyone else telling me if I will enjoy a game. 'In-depth' reviews are never a reason for my purchse
    Agree with both of you on this.

If it's for bug testing, polishing, etc, then that's fine.

I don't like this "well we're gonna let reviewers have an extra month of exclusive play time because reasons" trend among games.

If it's good enough to let youtubers review it, why is it not good enough to purchase? Just because some people still whine constantly about wanting good reviews?
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KPosts: 1,807Registered Users
    In all fairness, we're all reviewers to a certain extent and have our own outlets on youtube, twitch etc. This Irks me much that reviewers can extensively play the game while we have to watch and wait for another month. Patience, isn't one of my virtues, and I don't need to watch a review for a game I've already pre-ordered.

Lucifer.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • FenioXFenioX Posts: 98Registered Users
    Good move CA.
  • Drexxel22Drexxel22 Posts: 89Registered Users
    I've been furious followed by accepting and then back to furious and now I'm just on the fence. I'm all for the game being the best it can be, but we all know there's still going to be problems. There's always something and I'd rather fight through them as I wait for patches. But. Since its being pushed back I seriously hope it's worth the extra wait.

@Setrus
    I want bretonnia as much as you and I totally agree that they should be available as flc on release

I also sincerely hope they take some time to enhance multiplayer. In some way shape or form. And a customizable LL option!
    Team: Dark Elves and Bretonnia
  • profile84profile84 Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Take the time guys!
    Also i'm happy after i see the note under requirements on Steam page:
    "Total War: Warhammer is still in development and undergoing optimisation and comparability testing. These specs are subject to change."

That is great because while i'm nearly in the minimum spec (i will be happy if i got 15-20 fps in battle on "Low all" ) i got trust in you guys for even better optimalization so i got even 3 fps more.

Also i'm worried about my card 9600gt (1024 MB, 1000MHz memory, 700MHz core) cause of DX11....I know that it dont support DX11(at least i heard that) but i can play in game like "Fractured Space" which got in requirements on Steam DX11 in minimum so i dont get it...

Also i'm interested if you guys consider some "Low res client" for people like me?? Who are not willing to buy new card but are willing to buy Total War: Warhammer .
    @bennymcl To answer your questions, when the game has been sent out for review, it will be the whole game.
  • SteelFaithSteelFaith Senior Member Posts: 1,000Registered Users
    I'm totally fine with them releasing the game later, but allowing "reviewers" to play a game a month before paying customers and hardcore fans is not cool. I saw Charlotte's response about the beta, and I think it's a poor excuse (security reasons), when plenty of other games have a beta for pre-order customers.

Reviewers having a week or two in advance is one thing, but a month? It's bizarre.
  • thegrandfromagethegrandfromage Posts: 194Registered Users
    fully understand CA... but my heart did just drop :) maybe some vampire count footage??? please anything ha
    cpu-6700k 4.2ghz
    gpu-evga 1080ti
    ram-hyper fury 16gb
    ssd samsung 250g
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Posts: 3,608Registered Users
    This is great news! Now hopefully I have a bit more money by may 24th :(
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • spuddspudd WalesPosts: 212Registered Users
    see it's at this time that i wish that i was a big TW youtuber XD but seriously - as long as we get a lot of footage i will be happy

Team Chaos

edited March 2016

@bennymcl To answer your questions, when the game has been sent out for review, it will be the whole game.

So.... you will let these youtubers spoil the whole game for tons of people who think they need in-depth reviews? In-depth reviews didn't exist until a few years ago and people still loved games. Making us wait and watch other people playing the full game a month before we get our hands on it is just silly.... You're doing this for marketing ??? I fail to see how:

Select few testing is better than masses of people testing.

TONS of us have already pre-ordered anyway. We have made our decisions. Your extra month of full game testing by the few would be time much better spent by everyone reviewing and submitting bugs if they are there.

This is silly... your postponing the launch date seems to be purely a marketing ploy to get more people to pre-order and less about the actual quality testing of the game.

It infuriates me to no end to think that you NEED these youtubers to review the game for a month to give proper reviews.
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,097Registered Users
    I hate the reasoning, given I think there is already undue hate for this game and people are whining. If it's for polish and making the game better, great, but for reviews. Bleh. I think people are being a bit too dramatic about the game with their worries.

Other companies have screwed us far more than CA and Sega. At least CA tries to rectify their mistakes and gives us free stuff. You know you're gonna get a fun game and not totally broken game, even at launch. It may need fixes, but it is always pretty playable compared to some games like, say XCOM2 and Fallout 4, which had serious issues at launch.

Anyway, I'm all for polish and feedback that improves a game, but I'm sad people have such unrealistic hate on the internet and whine to the point that a company has to change everything just for their pampered bottoms. I don't feel like the hate has added any good changes what was turning out to already be an amazing-looking game. Isn't this all about regions and DLC hate?
    edited March 2016
    Gholin said:

I hate the reasoning, given I think there is already undue hate for this game and people are whining. If it's for polish and making the game better, great, but for reviews. Bleh. I think people are being a bit too dramatic about the game with their worries.

Other companies have screwed us far more than CA and Sega. At least CA tries to rectify their mistakes and gives us free stuff. You know you're gonna get a fun game and not totally broken game, even at launch. It may need fixes, but it is always pretty playable compared to some games like, say XCOM2 and Fallout 4, which had serious issues at launch.

Anyway, I'm all for polish and feedback that improves a game, but I'm sad people have such unrealistic hate on the internet and whine to the point that a company has to change everything just for their pampered bottoms. I don't feel like the hate has added any good changes what was turning out to already be an amazing-looking game. Isn't this all about regions and DLC hate?

Agreed. I'm all for polish. But this is seeming more and more like it's for favourable youtuber reviews of an already complete game to get more pre-order sales. I am NOT impressed, CA. And I have been a staunch supporter of even the Chaos DLC. This is not cool.
  • Rich55Rich55 Posts: 856Registered Users
    Deep down part of me hopes this extra month is to add an on/off option for limited occupation. A man can always dream.