Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Comments

• GwydionGwydion Senior Member Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    Gholin said:

I hate the reasoning, given I think there is already undue hate for this game and people are whining. If it's for polish and making the game better, great, but for reviews. Bleh. I think people are being a bit too dramatic about the game with their worries.

Other companies have screwed us far more than CA and Sega. At least CA tries to rectify their mistakes and gives us free stuff. You know you're gonna get a fun game and not totally broken game, even at launch. It may need fixes, but it is always pretty playable compared to some games like, say XCOM2 and Fallout 4, which had serious issues at launch.

Anyway, I'm all for polish and feedback that improves a game, but I'm sad people have such unrealistic hate on the internet and whine to the point that a company has to change everything just for their pampered bottoms. I don't feel like the hate has added any good changes what was turning out to already be an amazing-looking game. Isn't this all about regions and DLC hate?

Don't think thats been mentioned in the 4 pages of posts ive just read before your comment.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,057Registered Users
    You can just...not watch the reviews.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,424Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

@bennymcl : MANY people want to see reviewers be able to do indepth reviews rather than a quick 40 turns thing, CA is not making the game just for you. :)
    Also, as I remember from the Rome 2 pre-release excuses from reviewers, they usually don't review the actually finished product. :)

Just avoid the youtube reviewers and maybe even the forum during that extra month if you want to avoid it...? :)

SiWi said:

@Setrus
    @IzzyStradlin
    I hope CA releases a cinematic trailer on the 01.04...

That would be pretty awesome. :lol:

BTW; Wow, these settings...I don't think a new total war has ever recommended me to play everything on "high" settings... :open_mouth:
    No doubt I'll play around with it though.
    Right but... let's say they do in depth reviews and half of them hate it. What do you see the response from CA being? Postponing again? I would assume that having the masses review would be better than a select few and patcha along the way as needed. Also, avoid everything Warhammer for a month? I have been waiting for this game for 18 years... it's not possible. It's just rather disappointing that anyone would need more than even a 20 turn review to know whether or not they would want to play this game. You don't have to reveal all in order to know you'll enjoy a game.

CA has gone through extra lengths to make this game more story driven. They are going to ruin that aspect for a loooot of people based on their technique of giving reviewers tons of free reign over the "not finished" finished product ( even though it may not be the finished product, it'll be pretty darn close I'd wager)
    It's not about reviewers giving their feedback to CA, it's about them giving their feedback to the players, which has been requested, no? Many people don't mind spoilers, or rather, they'd rather pay the price than to go blindly into a game that "has a barren wasteland at turn 150 every time" or suchlike. :)

The only story element I see is the quest battles and I doubt reviewers will go super-deep into those things, unless in specific videos with huge *SPOILERS* tags. :lol:
    Don't worry.
  • AmericanViking22AmericanViking22 Junior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

So.... you will let these youtubers spoil the whole game for tons of people who think they need in-depth reviews?

TBH, this strikes me as a very selfish and disrespectful attitude. If some people feel they need in-depth reviews to decide whether or not to purchase the game, who are you to say they don't? It's not impossible, or even tremendously difficult to avoid spoilers, and if it helps people be informed consumers, then it's a good thing. And honestly, after all the ugliness following the Rome 2 release, you think it's bad that CA wants to polish the game and not leave paying customers to find major bugs for them? I'm disappointed that it'll be another month too, but I can't understand your thought process at all.
    Setrus said:

bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

@bennymcl : MANY people want to see reviewers be able to do indepth reviews rather than a quick 40 turns thing, CA is not making the game just for you. :)
    Also, as I remember from the Rome 2 pre-release excuses from reviewers, they usually don't review the actually finished product. :)

Just avoid the youtube reviewers and maybe even the forum during that extra month if you want to avoid it...? :)

SiWi said:

@Setrus
    @IzzyStradlin

BTW; Wow, these settings...I don't think a new total war has ever recommended me to play everything on "high" settings... :open_mouth:
    Right but... let's say they do in depth reviews and half of them hate it. What do you see the response from CA being? Postponing again? I would assume that having the masses review would be better than a select few and patcha along the way as needed. Also, avoid everything Warhammer for a month? I have been waiting for this game for 18 years... it's not possible. It's just rather disappointing that anyone would need more than even a 20 turn review to know whether or not they would want to play this game. You don't have to reveal all in order to know you'll enjoy a game.

CA has gone through extra lengths to make this game more story driven. They are going to ruin that aspect for a loooot of people based on their technique of giving reviewers tons of free reign over the "not finished" finished product ( even though it may not be the finished product, it'll be pretty darn close I'd wager)
    It's not about reviewers giving their feedback to CA, it's about them giving their feedback to the players, which has been requested, no? Many people don't mind spoilers, or rather, they'd rather pay the price than to go blindly into a game that "has a barren wasteland at turn 150 every time" or suchlike. :)

The only story element I see is the quest battles and I doubt reviewers will go super-deep into those things, unless in specific videos with huge *SPOILERS* tags. :lol:
    But a month of reviewing a game that is already finished...?? Especially when we have already paid and pre-ordered to play for the 28th? How does that make sense? people who have already pre-ordered don't need these reviews more than the span of a few days. A MONTH to review a fully completed and pushed back game when it could easily be bug tested by the people who want to by the game at the release date (April 28th)? Just weird... Seems like a fully on marketing ploy to me.
    edited March 2016

bennymcl said:

So.... you will let these youtubers spoil the whole game for tons of people who think they need in-depth reviews?

TBH, this strikes me as a very selfish and disrespectful attitude. If some people feel they need in-depth reviews to decide whether or not to purchase the game, who are you to say they don't? It's not impossible, or even tremendously difficult to avoid spoilers, and if it helps people be informed consumers, then it's a good thing. And honestly, after all the ugliness following the Rome 2 release, you think it's bad that CA wants to polish the game and not leave paying customers to find major bugs for them? I'm disappointed that it'll be another month too, but I can't understand your thought process at all.
    They can get in-depth reviews after the game gets released....duh? Why do they need it a month before release? because CA wants the pre-orders. These in-depth reviews would come after release anyway... makes no sense. Sorry.

Also, Charlotte has already said the game released to the youtubers will be the full game. I am doubting if much, if any at all, polishing will be done.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,057Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

You can just...not watch the reviews.

That is not the point, mate.
    You're worried the game will be spoiled by reviewers? So don't watch them.

The notion that CA has pushed the release back to give the reviewers more time to "review" is ludicrous.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • IceDIceD Member Posts: 348Registered Users
    So i can play on Ultra?

Windows 8.1 64 bit
    CPU intel core i7 4790
    Ram 16 ggb ddr3
    Hdd 256 ssd + 1 TB
    Nvidea Geforce GTX 980 4 GB

Please reply ::::))))
    Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS
  • OptimisticOptimistic Member Posts: 266Registered Users
    This concerns me. Pushed back for "polish" or to make the "best product ever" is the usual industry deflection line from "we're actually not done yet." What problem is holding CA up, I guess we wont know, I'll just have to have faith you guys know how to fix it, I've waited a very long time for a TW:Whfb game, another month wont kill me.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,134Registered Users, Moderators
    I don't understand this fit being thrown over reviewers getting the game. The drift I'm getting from the post is not that the reviewers are getting the game at the same time as they would have before release date change, nor actually on that release date. It seems that they are mainly working to polish the game, but have added a bit of extra time for the reviewers.

I estimate that, perhaps, reviewer's might get the game around April 10th or so. According to the old release date I'd have suspected it would be around May 15th or so. They've maybe added a bit of extra time for reviewers in comparison, but probably not a whole month.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour

This concerns me. Pushed back for "polish" or to make the "best product ever" is the usual industry deflection line from "we're actually not done yet." What problem is holding CA up, I guess we wont know, I'll just have to have faith you guys know how to fix it, I've waited a very long time for a TW:Whfb game, another month wont kill me.

But they WILL be done. They have said that the youtubers will receive the full game.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,085Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited March 2016
    bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

SiWi said:

@Setrus
    @IzzyStradlin

But a month of reviewing a game that is already finished...?? Especially when we have already paid and pre-ordered to play for the 28th? How does that make sense? people who have already pre-ordered don't need these reviews more than the span of a few days. A MONTH to review a fully completed and pushed back game when it could easily be bug tested by the people who want to by the game at the release date (April 28th)? Just weird... Seems like a fully on marketing ploy to me.
    Has anyone confirmed that the game will be released to reviewers longer before release date than was previously envisaged. I mean, if they were going to get copies in say mid April, will they now get them in mid-May instead?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Canuovea said:

I don't understand this fit being thrown over reviewers getting the game. The drift I'm getting from the post is not that the reviewers are getting the game at the same time as they would have before release date change, nor actually on that release date. It seems that they are mainly working to polish the game, but have added a bit of extra time for the reviewers.

I estimate that, perhaps, reviewer's might get the game around April 10th or so. According to the old release date I'd have suspected it would be around May 15th or so. They've maybe added a bit of extra time for reviewers in comparison, but probably not a whole month.

The OP stated that this is, at least partially, to give youtubers the additional time for reviews. Meaning, they will get it sooner.
  • thegrandfromagethegrandfromage Posts: 194Registered Users
    IceD said:

So i can play on Ultra?

Windows 8.1 64 bit
    CPU intel core i7 4790
    Ram 16 ggb ddr3
    Hdd 256 ssd + 1 TB
    Nvidea Geforce GTX 980 4 GB

Please reply ::::))))

happy days my end 2
    cpu-6700k 4.2ghz
    gpu-evga 1080ti
    ram-hyper fury 16gb
    ssd samsung 250g
  • AmericanViking22AmericanViking22 Junior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

bennymcl said:

They can get in-depth reviews after the game gets released....duh? Why do they need it a month before release? because CA wants the pre-orders. These in-depth reviews would come after release anyway... makes no sense. Sorry.

Also, Charlotte has already said the game released to the youtubers will be the full game. I am doubting if much, if any at all, polishing will be done.
    So if a customer is (understandably) wary of dropping $60 on a product and wants to be informed, they should have to wait longer than the rest of us? Release date is only for those willing to buy without reviews? I'm sorry, but again, this seems selfish. You've decided to buy, so you want it now and anyone who's sitting on the fence is SOL. That's not right. (And for the record, I myself have preordered, just so you know this isn't about my personal preferences.)
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,581Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    @bennymcl I think you're reading this the wrong way. There is no way any reviewer, except for maybe somebody with a whole site/channel dedicated to TW alone, would spend a whole month on the game.

They obviously delayed the game because they needed more time to polish it before release. The press thing is more of an obvious consequence.

With the old release date, the game would have gone gold in a week or two. That means you now have two games before release: the one printed on the discs, and the one with the day-one patch installed. Unless the whole product gets constantly updated behind the curtain for the press alone (which is not impossible, but not ideal either), the reviewers are either going to play the game as it will be a week or two from now, or they are given only a couple of days to look at it.

With the new release date, the game will go gold aroun the end of April. That means what would have been in the day-one patch in the former scenario will now be printed on the disc, and will in turns be given to the press two or three weeks before release.

It is also worth noting that "the press will be given the game" and "the press will be talking about the game" do not coincide. Most games are made available to magazines and youtubers way in advance of the release, but there is an embargo preventing exactly what you fear will happen, that is them spoiling stuff over the course of time.

bennymcl said:

bennymcl said:

So if a customer is (understandably) wary of dropping $60 on a product and wants to be informed, they should have to wait longer than the rest of us? Release date is only for those willing to buy without reviews? I'm sorry, but again, this seems selfish. You've decided to buy, so you want it now and anyone who's sitting on the fence is SOL. That's not right. (And for the record, I myself have preordered, just so you know this isn't about my personal preferences.)
    I didn't say there should be no reviews. But such a LONG review period of the full game after many of us pre-ordered already anyway? Makes no sense. A week of review testing is sufficient before release.
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    @CharlotteB CA

You could always send the High King Edition people a copy to review with an NDA to not disclose anything until release day.

We could help you find bugs and good balance that a few hundred people will find instead of about 10-15 people, no ones going to give up all that dwarfy goodness + the game getting revoked by breaking the NDA as clearly that would add more pages to The Book Of Grudges! I had to sign SO many NDA's for Eternal Crusade for SO LONG it was silly, BUT THE FEW who did purchase it at the highest level ( who had super early alpha access) helped SO MUCH with the dev teams bugs and balancing.

Hell I'd say even contact the Eternal Crusade team and ask how helpful it was to have a decent size but well trusted group of people help them test stuff. 10-15 isn't going to cut it. Especially when they are more concerned about their youtube channel than the dream game of people all across our planet.

Heavy handed words I know, however as someone who got hired by a game company simply because he was so passionate about their game and about how to go about / new ideas to improve it, plus the fact that Eternal Crusade showed us how helpful we were with their bugs and balance, it might not be such a bad idea.

Or even pick a select few on the forum even that have always been level headed no matter if they approved of design choices or not. Like WelshDragon, it doesn't matter if he liked an idea or disliked it, he always kept a level head and head based in logic. Those are the type of people you want reviewing your game before the public gets its hand on it... They aren't afraid to say "this gameplay idea doesn't seem to stack up" or " altering it like this would improve it " but they always have a level head and approach each idea with a cool head a logic.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • IcelosIcelos Posts: 27Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

But they WILL be done. They have said that the youtubers will receive the full game.
    They said they would be done once they give a copy to reviewers they never said they would give those copies on April 28th. Therefore they won't have a full month to review the full game and as said before if you are afraid of spoilers just dont watch them
    edited March 2016

bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

SiWi said:

@Setrus
    @IzzyStradlin

Has anyone confirmed that the game will be released to reviewers longer before release date than was previously envisaged. I mean, if they were going to get copies in say mid April, will they now get them in mid-May instead?
    In the OP it does state that they are doing this to give reviewers more time...

EDIT: "This could be the best TW game we’ve made and we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust"

if this is not the case, then CA needs to work on their wording.
  • OptimisticOptimistic Member Posts: 266Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

Oh of course they will eventually finish, or at least run out of time and be forced to release, the product. To much time and money have been sunk into it to not actually release something, it is a business after all. What's concerning is when a company has to shift their own production timeline, it means something has come up that requires fixing and more time then the schedule currently allots. CA has not said they will be giving out review copies a month in advance, because they wont be, they need time to either fix or finish something, time that has exceeded their original production estimates.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    I don't think the reviewers will get a full month. I think its more likely CA wanted an extra couple of weeks to finish some tweaks, and by pushing back the release date a full month they can a) get all the polishing done properly, and b) give reviewers two weeks or so to test everything rather than just a few days.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,480Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

@bennymcl To answer your questions, when the game has been sent out for review, it will be the whole game.

So.... you will let these youtubers spoil the whole game for tons of people who think they need in-depth reviews? In-depth reviews didn't exist until a few years ago and people still loved games. Making us wait and watch other people playing the full game a month before we get our hands on it is just silly.... You're doing this for marketing ??? I fail to see how:

Select few testing is better than masses of people testing.

TONS of us have already pre-ordered anyway. We have made our decisions. Your extra month of full game testing by the few would be time much better spent by everyone reviewing and submitting bugs if they are there.

This is silly... your postponing the launch date seems to be purely a marketing ploy to get more people to pre-order and less about the actual quality testing of the game.

It infuriates me to no end to think that you NEED these youtubers to review the game for a month to give proper reviews.
    I completely agree.

The game is finished. I pre ordered. I pre paid. Let me have it. Don't inconvenience me just to please reviewers.

This is treating loyal customers badly in order to try to win new customers - that is a good way to lose old customers

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• Bart_CABart_CA Creative Assembly Horsham, UKPosts: 350Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff
    We've not said how long we're giving reviewers with the game, just that we're intent on not rushing the game, and continuing to uphold our promise to ensure reviews come out before launch.
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Posts: 652Registered Users
    64 BIT!!!! Oh my god thank you I could give you all a horrid kiss!! YES!!!

Don't worry about the release date being pushed back - just deliver a great game! Make it worth the wait instead of a letdown.
    Mattzo said:

I don't think the reviewers will get a full month. I think its more likely CA wanted an extra couple of weeks to finish some tweaks, and by pushing back the release date a full month they can a) get all the polishing done properly, and b) give reviewers two weeks or so to test everything rather than just a few days.

I quote again

"This could be the best TW game we’ve made and we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust"

This says to me that they will be getting additional review time.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,085Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    bennymcl said:

bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

SiWi said:

@Setrus
    @IzzyStradlin

EDIT: "This could be the best TW game we’ve made and we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust"

What it actually says is "we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch". There is no indication there that they expect "enough time" to be any longer than they previously anticipated.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Bart CA said:

We've not said how long we're giving reviewers with the game, just that we're intent on not rushing the game, and continuing to uphold our promise to ensure reviews come out before launch.

Why was it mentioned in the OP that this was to give reviewers time to thoroughly review the game. I believe in order to not cause riots, you should try being a little more transparent in this regard. Especially when many people pre-ordered and take time off work for a certain date and then thing get changed.

bennymcl said:

bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

bennymcl said:

Setrus said:

SiWi said:

@Setrus
    @IzzyStradlin

What it actually says is "we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch". There is no indication there that they expect "enough time" to be any longer than they previously anticipated.

Would "enough time" not already have been planned in their initial process for scheduled development? I just fail to see how it can mean anything else. I'm gonna stop posting for a bit so I don't give you mods an aneurysm lol. just wanted to get my thoughts down