Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Comments

• MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

Mattzo said:

I don't think the reviewers will get a full month. I think its more likely CA wanted an extra couple of weeks to finish some tweaks, and by pushing back the release date a full month they can a) get all the polishing done properly, and b) give reviewers two weeks or so to test everything rather than just a few days.

I quote again

"This could be the best TW game we’ve made and we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust"

This says to me that they will be getting additional review time.
    Enough time =! a month

They very well might be getting more time. But that might mean they're getting 7 days rather than 3 days.

All they've done is given themselves 4 extra weeks to tweak and fulfill their promise on reviews. No harm in that.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,057Registered Users
    HoneyBun you may not like the reviewers system, but it something that has been requested by gamers on the whole as a backlash to this pre-order lacklustre launch developer culture of the last decade.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • CollateralCollateral Senior Member Posts: 407Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

Gholin said:

I hate the reasoning, given I think there is already undue hate for this game and people are whining. If it's for polish and making the game better, great, but for reviews. Bleh. I think people are being a bit too dramatic about the game with their worries.

Other companies have screwed us far more than CA and Sega. At least CA tries to rectify their mistakes and gives us free stuff. You know you're gonna get a fun game and not totally broken game, even at launch. It may need fixes, but it is always pretty playable compared to some games like, say XCOM2 and Fallout 4, which had serious issues at launch.

Anyway, I'm all for polish and feedback that improves a game, but I'm sad people have such unrealistic hate on the internet and whine to the point that a company has to change everything just for their pampered bottoms. I don't feel like the hate has added any good changes what was turning out to already be an amazing-looking game. Isn't this all about regions and DLC hate?

Agreed. I'm all for polish. But this is seeming more and more like it's for favourable youtuber reviews of an already complete game to get more pre-order sales. I am NOT impressed, CA. And I have been a staunch supporter of even the Chaos DLC. This is not cool.
    Jesus christ man will you chill out? Youtubers won't spoil the whole game, they never do. Look at the DLCs they give out to them (even other TW titles). Do they spoil the entire DLC? No they don't, so people still buy them.

They release the specs everyone was asking, they share the amazing news that the game is in a 64bit engine for the first time, and that they delayed the release so they can make the best game ever, and then you come up with some theory that they are somehow bribing the youtubers so that they can have better sales.

Give me a break man.
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    Bart CA said:

We've not said how long we're giving reviewers with the game, just that we're intent on not rushing the game, and continuing to uphold our promise to ensure reviews come out before launch.

Lets all jusssa simma down naa ya hear?
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,057Registered Users

bennymcl said:

Gholin said:

I hate the reasoning, given I think there is already undue hate for this game and people are whining. If it's for polish and making the game better, great, but for reviews. Bleh. I think people are being a bit too dramatic about the game with their worries.

Other companies have screwed us far more than CA and Sega. At least CA tries to rectify their mistakes and gives us free stuff. You know you're gonna get a fun game and not totally broken game, even at launch. It may need fixes, but it is always pretty playable compared to some games like, say XCOM2 and Fallout 4, which had serious issues at launch.

Anyway, I'm all for polish and feedback that improves a game, but I'm sad people have such unrealistic hate on the internet and whine to the point that a company has to change everything just for their pampered bottoms. I don't feel like the hate has added any good changes what was turning out to already be an amazing-looking game. Isn't this all about regions and DLC hate?

Agreed. I'm all for polish. But this is seeming more and more like it's for favourable youtuber reviews of an already complete game to get more pre-order sales. I am NOT impressed, CA. And I have been a staunch supporter of even the Chaos DLC. This is not cool.
    Jesus christ man will you chill out? Youtubers won't spoil the whole game, they never do. Look at the DLCs they give out to them (even other TW titles). Do they spoil the entire DLC? No they don't, so people still buy them.

They release the specs everyone was asking, they share the amazing news that the game is in a 64bit engine for the first time, and that they delayed the release so they can make the best game ever, and then you come up with some theory that they are somehow bribing the youtubers so that they can have better sales.

Give me a break man.
    Even if you are worried they will spoil it...nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch them.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • UltrasonsUltrasons Posts: 3Registered Users
    Bart CA said:

We've not said how long we're giving reviewers with the game, just that we're intent on not rushing the game, and continuing to uphold our promise to ensure reviews come out before launch.

Then how long they're gonna review the game?
  • BisaarBisaar Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    I am actually glad to hear it. Take you time, just dont deliver another rome2...
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Posts: 374Registered Users
    well for my very own selfish reasons that I wait to play the game as soon as I can this is sad news but hopefully this will make sure that the launch of the game will be better.
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    "Furthermore I also believe that Chaos Dwarfs should have really big hats" - Langolier the middle aged
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,134Registered Users, Moderators
    bennymcl

Sure, the reviewers are given more time, yes. But it doesn't say how long, and assuming it is a month is a bit much.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • AngmirAngmir Senior Member Posts: 1,253Registered Users
    My only concern is the world will end before the game comes out ;/

Nibiru will pass through, civilization will fall and I will never play this game ;/

Angmir said:

My only concern is the world will end before the game comes out ;/

Nibiru will pass through, civilization will fall and I will never play this game ;/

Don't worry about the world ending mate we are in good hands, the Jewish people are promised entrance into heaven if they are good people in life, the Christians like me believe they go to heaven if they believe in Jesus, however Mighty Odin promised that he would rid the world of all Frost Giants and prevent Ragnarok... I don't know about you... but I haven't seen any Frost Giants walking around.

Good hands my friend, good hands.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    They probably have a good idea, but I'm sure they don't know exactly how long their tweaks will take. Thus plans might change, and they've given themselves enough time so that they shouldn't need to delay release again.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • JomanthanJomanthan Senior Member Uddevalla, SwedenPosts: 271Registered Users
    Spring have turn out to be a busy time of year for me. So i am kinda glad that game is delayed. Lets hope for a stable and great launch. Also great that you have update engine to also run in 64 bit.
    I guess might have time to finish my Hun campaign in Attila. So can focus fully on Warhammer when it comes out. Looking forward add to Epic screenshots thread to Warhammer total war when it comes out.
    The world is grey.
    There is no right or wrong only choose and consequence.
    You can never be free from choose and consequence.
    My world philosophy after philosophizing about the worlds nature.
  • YoshimoYoshimo Senior Member Dundee/ScotlandPosts: 216Registered Users
    Bit irritated that the release has been pushed, but I totally support it!

Plus, 64-bit ftw. Perhaps the dx12 features will be added with other iterations of the warhammer world?
  • Aren73Aren73 Junior Member Posts: 391Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Some quotes:

" CharlotteB CA

3:30PM

@bennymcl Not only reviews but also It means this has the potential to be the best game we’ve made, and we want to take the time to make sure we are proud of it."

Joey CA
    3:01PM

So first things first: we’re moving the launch of the game back by a month to 24 May 2016. Listen – we don’t want to rush this. This could be the best TW game we’ve made and we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust. Hopefully, you can understand that – and of course we apologise for any hassle this might cause you."

" CharlotteB CA
    3:12PM

@Arayel take another read, we stated "We dont want to rush this" - It means this has the potential to be the best game we’ve made, and we want to take the time to make sure we are proud of it. It's not just about the reviews =) "

" CharlotteB CA
    3:15PM

@tewys2 Sorry that you had already booked the time off work! Hopefully you can change that.

There will be plenty more shown before launch! "

So, aside from the obvious - reviews reviews reviews, other than that I think there might be more to this.

Firstly CA has seen CDProjektRed, the developers of the Witcher who pulled off not one but two release date setbacks (quite large ones too) because they needed more time polishing and in some cases adding additional features.
    They have seen that it works, they have seen that it can benefit the game and community and they have seen that a studio can get away with it without being burned down by angry fans. So it became an option.

Now the theme I see recurring through their posts is, in essence "give us more time to make this the best TW ever" or "give us more time to realise everyone's dreams (we want to be proud of it)" or similar.

Another thing that our Charlotte says is "There will be plenty more shown before launch". To me that feels like perhaps they will show something none of us are expecting.

I believe that because they say they want to be "proud of it" and that it could be the "best game we've made" and that there will be "plenty more shown before launch" I believe CA is currently furiously implementing some new feature, perhaps one they got the idea for from these forums.

Imagine this scenario, some CA employee...let's call her Charlotte, had a really cool idea for an addition to the game before going to bed (or in the shower...I have great ideas in the shower). It seemed so good to her that she pitched it to the head of the project, they brainstormed for a while and a plan was hatched to add said feature into the game because it's something unexpected, something that will make the fans go wild and that will make them forever remember that TW game where an awesome feature was implemented before launch. It will make them say "Hey, there are some game companies like EA however CA is awesome, they added a feature they could have easily left out just to make sure it's a game they are "proud" of!".

Now let's just for a moment entertain the idea that such a feature would say, oh I don't know, 15 days to implement. They don't have 15 days left before review copies are sent out. So what do they do? They push the release date back just a bit to make sure they have the time to add one more, final, deciding feature that is both small but genius.

Do I have absolute certain proof? Nah. Is it pretty much just a theory? Yup! However I think something like this should still be considered.

As to what it could be, I don't know. Maybe visible magical items on heroes and lords in campaign and battles where previously they were not. Maybe one or two additional units here or there. Perhaps a "Shield wall" function or something. I don't know. But it could be something.

Or of course it could be that they have ran into some gross problem that they are having trouble dealing with.

Removed.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE, MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Team Vampire Counts
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 3,869Registered Users
    Good call CA, give us a polished release! I'm glad you've decided to do this, and it seems like the majority opinion.

Don't worry about the two dudes on this thread with their drawers in a knot, theyll get over it.
  • MogustheDogMogustheDog Posts: 553Registered Users
    Count me as a member of the club who will not be watching a single review of the finished game. Would just spoil it for me, and potentially skew my views of the game. I can form my own opinions.
  • Gamermax_01Gamermax_01 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I will support that, and be happy about that. This is what I think happened with Rome 2. I think they found the problems early on. Yet pressure to meet release dates, won out over common since. They hoped moders would fix it for them, which they did. I am glad, very glad. They learned from that mistake and not trying to push out warhammer before it's ready. I have hope that warhammer will be the best total war game ever, and I can't wait to play it.
  • GilDaScotGilDaScot CanaduhPosts: 35Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    I'm happy it's delayed. I've never heard of a delay that made a game worse. I'm sort of pig-headed, so when something gives me a bad first impression or is finicky at launch, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for quite a while. I'd rather CA take all the time afforded to them. My two cents. Delay away, delay away.

Also, yay 64 bit!
  • thegrandfromagethegrandfromage Posts: 194Registered Users
    I'm pretty **** about this actually. I do not give 2 **** what reviewers think... why do they even have early access...
    angry joe???? hes a mug and I don't value his opinion at all. my opinion just as good... ive paid for my partner too go away with the kids for the weekend and booked time off of work... this is not fair too us loyal customers at all ive been supporting you for over 10 years now... its a joke
    cpu-6700k 4.2ghz
    gpu-evga 1080ti
    ram-hyper fury 16gb
    ssd samsung 250g
  • Col. GrizzlyCol. Grizzly Senior Member Posts: 312Registered Users
    Ah no gotta move my days that I booked.

I demand compensation in the form of a Vampire Count gameplay video!
  • UchihaGUchihaG Posts: 363Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    After last week's great previews, something like this was bound to happen. It seems like you tried to raise our morale in order to improve our reaction to these terrible news. Well, I certainly hope you compensate by giving us at least a great FLC, otherwise I will once again regret having trusted you and preordering. Oh by the way: Just give us some previews of the Warriors of Chaos already! I know they are a DLC faction and should come after the Vampire Counts, but still!
    CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
  • NastraelNastrael Senior Member Posts: 147Registered Users
    Thank you, CA, for actually pushing back a release date for once instead of pushing a half-baked mess out the door. In the spirit of change, I'll be using this extra time to buff my rig.

Screw these lemons! I'm making lemonade!
  • CollateralCollateral Senior Member Posts: 407Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Gwydion said:

I hope its not catering to a new demographic, besides the obvious warhammer fans being new.

If I wanted some **** arcade RTS I'll go play starcraft 2 or DOTA. Total War games are like a good steak, they take time and effort to pay for, prepare, and enjoy. I felt like the Hunnic factions in attila heavily leaned in the direction of " Unkillable faction that endlessly spawns stacks for about half a normal campaign means more battles more excitement! yeahhhh everyone likes excitement, and flashing lights, and fire and explosions, and machine guns! Whew! " and trust me as a long time total war fan, I didn't care for it and I think after a few campaigns I went back to Rome 2 and previous titles and found I had MUCH more fun.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I agree with calling kids poor, stupid, or any of that nonsense ( I don't think anyone was honestly trying to aim in that direct), however I do agree that there is a large portion of people that don't need youtubers to help them make a purchase.

HoneyBun said:

HoneyBun you may not like the reviewers system, but it something that has been requested by gamers on the whole as a backlash to this pre-order lacklustre launch developer culture of the last decade.

Well, they don't have to listen to me. But I think I represent a sizeable minority of middle aged gamers.

We are never catered to. The approach of marketing is, entirely focused on a much younger (largely poorer) demographic. So I think that by waffling on on this forum, I am giving CA some valuable feedback.

I couldn't give two hoots what some unqualified child thinks of the game. I have been a loyal customer for 13 years. CA has just irritated and inconvenienced me for a reason I simply cannot comprehend.

Well that's just how it is. It's misterious to me how you consider yourself to be a grown, educated and reasenobly wealthy person, and not see that this is just how things are. This is the world we have created. You seem to be a rare individual, and I can tell you, acting like this on the forums won't help your cause. You pretty much insulted the great majority of the gaming community, because the great majority are the 'poor kids'. So how do you now expect people to join you in your way of thinking?

Yeah sure you can say that you don't care about those 'poor kids' without brains of their own, but then you will only be doing more harm than good. You may think you are among a sizeable minority of middle aged gamers, but it's not really that sizeable I would argue. Although it's probably true for TW games and such. But this game is catering to a new demographic, and a much much wider one. So talknig like that about these people won't help a whole lot, as I said.
    Ok maybe it's not for a different demograpgic, but for a different type of gamers. You have to remember this is a fantasy title. And fantasy is a huge thing for many people. Of course, this is still an RTS, but I believe that with this trilogy CA wants to greatly increase their community (obviously). But it's not just for the TW and WAR fans, but many others that are into fantasy. And for those people, who never played a TW game, hell maybe even an RTS, youtubers might help a lot.

I myself enjoy a variety of different games and genres, time periods, fantasy settings etc. and I'm almost 21. Do I fall into that category of kids? I do like a good and honest review from time to time before buying a game. Because these are people who made their carrers by playing and reviewing videogames, even talking with devs and big companies. So I disagree that there's a lot of gamers who don't watch reviews and/or walkthroughs/LPs and so on. I don't know how else you are going to get an idea about the game before the purchase? I never ever bought a game by just seeing it somewhere and not knowing a thing about it but just thinking it seemed cool of whatever.

Youtube videos are just like reviews on steam, but you can actually see the game and how the person plays it and interacts with it. So if anything, I would trust a video more than a written review.

And I want to make clear, I am talking about people like myself. I am a student, I don't have a job so I don't have my own income. And spending my parents money on increasingly expensive games is not a thing I can do whenever I want. I am just giving you a different perspective here. I am really sorry for all the working people out there who booked time to play the game, it seriously sucks. I didn't even know people actually did that.

• englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,954Registered Users
    At this point I'd accept early access but it's not my call, shame that we can't have Closed Beta for those who pre ordered or with High King.

Mehh lost interestin in anything tbh even in Vampire Counts too much teasing with Ides of March, pushed release which is good and bad, well at least between 26th and 30th of April will book some holidays abroad and have to book more days of in May.. damn it I just really feel torn by this.

I should have known better they presented the demo in Pre Alpha, they posted two videos in early Beta and later in Alpha again... damn it all honestly, need a drink.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,484Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Perhaps stupid of me - but I booked two weeks off for this game.

I can't change them.

I am absolutely **** gutted. I'm serious. This is the absolute worst news I could have heard.

:'(
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Posts: 1,671Registered Users

Perhaps stupid of me - but I booked two weeks off for this game.

I can't change them.

I am absolutely **** gutted.

:'(

That sucks. I'm sorry man :(
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,673Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Posts containing personal comment and innuendo about other members have been deleted, as have posts quoting same.

Under review is a decision on whether or not to move to a separate thread, or possibly delete, the series of posts expressing personal animosity toward a portion of the announcement. While they are related to the topic they are drowning out other member comments about the remainder of the announcement - ie hijacking the thread.

There is nothing wrong with being passionate about the up coming game. Let's be careful how we present that passion in a written medium.

I strongly suggest everyone take a deep breath before posting comments, and respect the right of others to properly express their opinion in the conversation, whether positive or negative on the topic.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    edited March 2016
    I didn't mean to say that I don't think YT reviewers aren't helpful to some or anything like that, thats not what I was trying to say, I'm saying I'm from the generation when you picked up a game on a shelf looked and the back of the box and read the 1 or two paragraphs and examined those 3-4 screenshots harder than if it were under a microscope and you had to form your own opinion. I own many games that the internet considers bad or has never even heard of, NO ONE on my ENTIRE steam friends list had even heard of KOHAN before steam got a hold of it, and it has yet to be replicated and it STILL is an amazing game. haha oh man good times. You are completely correct in the bit about the game being fantasy and how YT will expose many fantasy fans to it, dead on couldn't have said it better myself. I'm just worried companies care too much about reviews at times.

I fear these reviewers who review as a "career" can be a double edged sword, yes it will help you avoid scamful games and see if the game is to your tastes, as does the steam refund system now. I think they also discourage devs from being adventurous as well in some regards. Perfect example is SPAZ ( Space Pirates And Zombies) when the game starts up it says it like it should be said " Our company is made of 2 people. We couldn't find games like we used to play in our old days, so we made one" Basically saying you will either like it, or you won't, and we are ok with that.

Working for a game company myself you have no idea how angry it makes me ( even though it does make sense, its a business after all to most) how MUCH companies care about that stupid little line in the steam page under their games icon that says Mostly Negative, Negative , Fair, Positive, etc.

Companies should be worried about making a damn good game the way they want to, not to design them to get good reviews.

Gwydion said:

I hope its not catering to a new demographic, besides the obvious warhammer fans being new.

If I wanted some **** arcade RTS I'll go play starcraft 2 or DOTA. Total War games are like a good steak, they take time and effort to pay for, prepare, and enjoy. I felt like the Hunnic factions in attila heavily leaned in the direction of " Unkillable faction that endlessly spawns stacks for about half a normal campaign means more battles more excitement! yeahhhh everyone likes excitement, and flashing lights, and fire and explosions, and machine guns! Whew! " and trust me as a long time total war fan, I didn't care for it and I think after a few campaigns I went back to Rome 2 and previous titles and found I had MUCH more fun.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I agree with calling kids poor, stupid, or any of that nonsense ( I don't think anyone was honestly trying to aim in that direct), however I do agree that there is a large portion of people that don't need youtubers to help them make a purchase.

HoneyBun said:

Well, they don't have to listen to me. But I think I represent a sizeable minority of middle aged gamers.

We are never catered to. The approach of marketing is, entirely focused on a much younger (largely poorer) demographic. So I think that by waffling on on this forum, I am giving CA some valuable feedback.

I couldn't give two hoots what some unqualified child thinks of the game. I have been a loyal customer for 13 years. CA has just irritated and inconvenienced me for a reason I simply cannot comprehend.

Well that's just how it is. It's misterious to me how you consider yourself to be a grown, educated and reasenobly wealthy person, and not see that this is just how things are. This is the world we have created. You seem to be a rare individual, and I can tell you, acting like this on the forums won't help your cause. You pretty much insulted the great majority of the gaming community, because the great majority are the 'poor kids'. So how do you now expect people to join you in your way of thinking?

Yeah sure you can say that you don't care about those 'poor kids' without brains of their own, but then you will only be doing more harm than good. You may think you are among a sizeable minority of middle aged gamers, but it's not really that sizeable I would argue. Although it's probably true for TW games and such. But this game is catering to a new demographic, and a much much wider one. So talknig like that about these people won't help a whole lot, as I said.
    Ok maybe it's not for a different demograpgic, but for a different type of gamers. You have to remember this is a fantasy title. And fantasy is a huge thing for many people. Of course, this is still an RTS, but I believe that with this trilogy CA wants to greatly increase their community (obviously). But it's not just for the TW and WAR fans, but many others that are into fantasy. And for those people, who never played a TW game, hell maybe even an RTS, youtubers might help a lot.

I myself enjoy a variety of different games and genres, time periods, fantasy settings etc. and I'm almost 21. Do I fall into that category of kids? I do like a good and honest review from time to time before buying a game. Because these are people who made their carrers by playing and reviewing videogames, even talking with devs and big companies. So I disagree that there's a lot of gamers who don't watch reviews and/or walkthroughs/LPs and so on. I don't know how else you are going to get an idea about the game before the purchase? I never ever bought a game by just seeing it somewhere and not knowing a thing about it but just thinking it seemed cool of whatever.

Youtube videos are just like reviews on steam, but you can actually see the game and how the person plays it and interacts with it. So if anything, I would trust a video more than a written review.

And I want to make clear, I am talking about people like myself. I am a student, I don't have a job so I don't have my own income. And spending my parents money on increasingly expensive games is not a thing I can do whenever I want. I am just giving you a different perspective here. I am really sorry for all the working people out there who booked time to play the game, it seriously sucks. I didn't even know people actually did that.

• comatosericcomatoseric Posts: 11Registered Users
    Sadness.... was going to have a month to play before I go to the USA for the entire summer, now I will have less than three days. :(