Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Comments

• mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    I'm perfectly fine waiting an extra month for release, I remember Rome ii. Literally tried playing for a day, and then went back to it a month later when patches were through.

A couple people here have some good requests though. I remember how shogun 2 had a free for everybody tutorial. This was the first time I have every played total war and made me the fan I am now.

If I may be so bold, could you release a similar tutorial to be played for everyone who pre-ordered on April 28? It would be a good way to reward us for our patience. I assume Warhammer will have a tutorial for beginners, and playing this would still be enjoyable.

I literally nearly hacked the shogun 2 tutorial, avoiding the final battle to fight all the other factions to milk every inch of fun out of it. And at the end, I thought, you enjoyed this so much it is worth the money.

I might make a separate post for this if people like the idea.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    mw51630 said:

I'm perfectly fine waiting an extra month for release, I remember Rome ii. Literally tried playing for a day, and then went back to it a month later when patches were through.

A couple people here have some good requests though. I remember how shogun 2 had a free for everybody tutorial. This was the first time I have every played total war and made me the fan I am now.

If I may be so bold, could you release a similar tutorial to be played for everyone who pre-ordered on April 28? It would be a good way to reward us for our patience. I assume Warhammer will have a tutorial for beginners, and playing this would still be enjoyable.

I literally nearly hacked the shogun 2 tutorial, avoiding the final battle to fight all the other factions to milk every inch of fun out of it. And at the end, I thought, you enjoyed this so much it is worth the money.

This suggestion would calm me down
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

mw51630 said:

mw51630 said:

This suggestion would calm me down
    You like my idea so much I was quoted twice!
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,012Registered Users
    I am perversely happy at this announcement :)

Another month to wait until the big occasion... Well, I've been anticipating this day since the game was leaked in late 2012, so another 30 days isn't gonna kill me!

In the meantime, CA are showing they are truly dedicated to the idea of turning out a well polished game and that gets a big thumbs up. My inner Tzeentch tells me they planned this delay from the beginning to convince people they've changed their ways... WE ARE ALL PAWNS IN CA'S MASTERPLAN :trollface:

Seriously though, people turn their noses up at the notion of it being given over to reviewers (and admittedly, I prefer the excuse that the extra month is to iron out bugs and perfect balancing)... but it does show they have real faith in their product. They are evidently confident that the late game will bear the weight of intense scrutiny in the hands of many reviewers for a long time; that can only be a good sign.

And the cherry on the cake... 64 bit support! Now we're cooking with gas. Hopefully this will have some great implications for performance and the specs certainly seem to suggest that.

Like a small furry mammal weathering out the winter months, I will be spending that extra time between april and may in a state of hypebernation :sleeping:
  • jgmasterjgmaster Senior Member Posts: 556Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Joey CA said:

Hey, guys. Can you sit down? We need to have a talk about Total War: WARHAMMER. It’s called the ‘Here are the specs but we also have some release date news’ talk.

So first things first: we’re moving the launch of the game back by a month to 24 May 2016. Listen – we don’t want to rush this. This could be the best TW game we’ve made and we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust. Hopefully, you can understand that – and of course we apologise for any hassle this might cause you.

We will be changing the date here, and adding specs, today: http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/.

Now, second things second: we have the minimum and recommended specs for you! We can also now reveal that Total War: WARHAMMER will be the first 64Bit Total War title, and that we’re also releasing an additional ‘60fps+ Spec’ for those gamers looking to hit that threshold during battles, and have added additional detail on the frame rate performance you can expect from each specification.

We’ve gone above and beyond to get you the best information you can have to judge how Total War: WARHAMMER will run on your rig. It’s right below.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Specs

Joey CA

just say you **** up again!!! that extra month is to make some DLC I suppose !!! or marketing isn't it?? or mabey some more troll YT video's about the high king edition ???? you aren't gonne tell me you didn't know this 2 months back, how closer to the release how higher the hipe just doooon't give use a release date if you know you can't make it so we don't have te be dissapointed if it has been delayed
    oh yeah an other thing Youtube TW community that's all very well they get the fancy demo's an beta senario battles but the other TW freaks (with the same amount of gaming hours or even more) whit no YT channel, we don't get a single bit of the game chame on you, if you don't have anything to hide you should give us something
    for example look to uncharted 4, theyr is a delay of 2 weeks but they release an open beta multiplayer (to make us happy and be familliar with the game) (your policy I don't understand it CA)
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • SaucysoupSaucysoup Junior Member Posts: 98Registered Users
    Quick question for the specs. Does recommended mean you could run (ultra) on the game? Because I exceed the recommended for Processor/memory, but for graphics I'm exactly on the border with GTX 760 (recommended). So I am just wondering If I can handle ultra (aka whatever the max is) on TW: Warhammer for the full on experience.
    -Thank you
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    jgmaster said:

just say you **** up again!!! that extra month is to make some DLC I suppose !!! or marketing isn't it?? or mabey some more troll YT video's about the high king edition ???? you aren't gonne tell me you didn't know this 2 months back, how closer to the release how higher the hipe just doooon't give use a release date if you know you can't make it so we don't have te be dissapointed if it has been delayed
    oh yeah an other thing Youtube TW community that's all very well they get the fancy demo's an beta senario battles but the other TW freaks (with the same amount of gaming hours or even more) whit no YT channel, we don't get a single bit of the game chame on you, if you don't have anything to hide you should give us something
    for example look to uncharted 4, theyr is a delay of 2 weeks but they release an open beta multiplayer (to make us happy and be familliar with the game) (your policy I don't understand it CA)

Darling, please, you're hysterical. Take a calmative.
    edited March 2016

jgmaster said:

just say you ****ed up again!!! that extra month is to make some DLC I suppose !!! or marketing isn't it?? or mabey some more troll YT video's about the high king edition ???? you aren't gonne tell me you didn't know this 2 months back, how closer to the release how higher the hipe just doooon't give use a release date if you know you can't make it so we don't have te be dissapointed if it has been delayed

Darling, please, you're hysterical. Take a calmative.
    it looks like you are a CA policy liker (good for you)
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    jgmaster said:

Looks like you're feeling better already- not one instance of multiple exclamation or question marks.

Guess the calmative worked.

jgmaster said:

Looks like you're feeling better already- not one instance of multiple exclamation or question marks.

Guess the calmative worked.
    shouting at CA helps lol
  • BoldElfBoldElf Posts: 188Registered Users

And I booked my days off... I'm crying and feelong ill now :(

I booked a week off to play as well hoping my boss will let me move it
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,128Registered Users, Moderators
    edited March 2016
    jgmaster said:

Joey CA said:

Hey, guys. Can you sit down? We need to have a talk about Total War: WARHAMMER. It’s called the ‘Here are the specs but we also have some release date news’ talk.

So first things first: we’re moving the launch of the game back by a month to 24 May 2016. Listen – we don’t want to rush this. This could be the best TW game we’ve made and we want reviewers to have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch, so that you get a fair review from a reviewer you trust. Hopefully, you can understand that – and of course we apologise for any hassle this might cause you.

We will be changing the date here, and adding specs, today: http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/.

Now, second things second: we have the minimum and recommended specs for you! We can also now reveal that Total War: WARHAMMER will be the first 64Bit Total War title, and that we’re also releasing an additional ‘60fps+ Spec’ for those gamers looking to hit that threshold during battles, and have added additional detail on the frame rate performance you can expect from each specification.

We’ve gone above and beyond to get you the best information you can have to judge how Total War: WARHAMMER will run on your rig. It’s right below.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Specs

Joey CA

This seems a bit harsh, I think that giving the game to reviewers is a positive and with good intentions and transparency in mind.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Mathusala0Mathusala0 Junior Member Posts: 112Registered Users
    Ignoring the radom backlash this is getting. I'm happy that CA is taking the time for WHATEVER reasons to delay launch in order to release the game in a completed state. The slight hype train brake application here is always worth it for the prevention of a raging mob following a release that didn't hold up to it's promises (looking at you Rome 2)

While I never expect a game to be perfect at launch (day 1 patches are to be expected) the delay shows commitment to iron out bugs and get reviews out ahead of schedual rather than the day before launch. I honestly couldn't give a damn about mainstream reviewers (pc gamer) who give dishonest reviews to avoid getting blacklisted. I'd much rather see the game reviewed by reviewers I trust to be honest about the games state (Angry Joe) or at least aren't going to edit out bugged bits (lionheart)

Doing this helps rebuild the trust you shattered after rome 2, I like this forward step.
    "Yes-yes Warlord Krizk - for a treaty-pledge of just 200 Slaves, 12 claws of warptokens, a Breeder and certain alliances and pledges, one of our very-very finest Clan Moulder Rat Ogres can be yours..."
  • WintergentWintergent Junior Member The northPosts: 28Registered Users
    I understand why you have done this. And it's is a good move for the game though I am ticked off but that's manly due to me flying off to camp early June and I wont get back till mid october and I don't Think a week is enough time. Also I've had such abad day as well. :'(
  • ImmaculateDeceptionImmaculateDeception Senior Member Posts: 2,073Registered Users
    So....what's wrong with Vampire Counts?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users

So....what's wrong with Vampire Counts?

They release that the models eneded up a bit short and had hairy feet.

#TheDarkProphecy
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,107Registered Users
    I guess I'm kinda torn cause while I'm somewhat skeptical, I'm happy so many people are being so positive /sarcasm

Guilty until proven innocent, people
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • Kardan020Kardan020 Posts: 40Registered Users
    As long as we get videos to satiate our thirst for war(Hammer), I'm good!
  • MogustheDogMogustheDog Posts: 553Registered Users
    60 fps on ultra shouldn't be overlooked here. This is really outstanding news for the rigs that can handle it. Good work, CA.
  • bronhomsbronhoms Posts: 1,328Registered Users
    Well.. I don't think the specs are enough to make up for the delay... I think you better give us some more battles pronto. Like right now.

rachubiku said:

Nooooooooooo 24 may

Spec i7 4790k + gtx 980 = 1080p 60fps WTF???

My spec i7 4770 + gtx 970 :/

You'll be fine. I'm still expecting my 670 4gb to run this on mostly ultra. At least it does for all other games I'm playing. But with the 970 you can rest assured.

You don't notice the difference between 70 and 58 fps..

Arayel said:

@CharlotteB CA

Then that should have been the sentence that followed. If you write a statement and follow it with a descriptor you cannot expect people to read the posters mind and assume he meant something other than what was written.

I asumed that though.

• Anubis259Anubis259 Senior Member AyrPosts: 399Registered Users
    bronhoms said:

Well.. I don't think the specs are enough to make up for the delay... I think you better give us some more battles pronto. Like right now.

They dont owe you anything.
    MOB: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER
    CPU: Intel I5 4690K @ 4.5ghz
    GPU: Asus R9 290 DirectCU II OC
    RAM: Ripjaws X 1600mhz 8gb
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 850W
    OSY: Windows 10 64bit
  • SaborSabor Posts: 222Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Honestly I am frustrated to no end! Not with them pushing back the game, I get that and I'm ok with that. I rather have a better game at launch then Rome 2 where I had giant graphical error holes in my map.

No what I'm frustrated about is NO ONE WILL EVER BE HAPPY! Literally every other comment I read after Rome 2 was "why didn't you let reviewers have it earlier CA you were trying to cover up a crappy performance!" Sega did the same thing with aliens colonial marines, no one was allowed to review till game day.

I have been reading comments for months people have overwhelmingly said if you need more time, take it. Now that they say they need an extra month, that they are letting game reviewers help you decide if it's right for you. What do people do? Find a reason to bitch anyway!

Ugh...I'm sorry but people's reactions can be so infuriating, especially when it contradicts what those same people said a month earlier.
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,362Registered Users
    Anubis259 said:

bronhoms said:

I'll go further and say no one owes any of us anything.

"Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,068Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    A few off-topic comments removed.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • YodelLightlyYodelLightly Junior Member Posts: 54Registered Users
    -.- I expect I won't get any sort of compensation or even a half decent apology for this frankly dickish move. Pre-ordered the high king and set my vacation a week ago because you can't possibly move the release date 1 1/2 month away from release for such a big project because that would entail a level of incompetence I would not expect from an even remotely serious developer.
    Joey CA said:

we apologise for any hassle this might cause you.

Seriously this is all I get for getting a week's vacation flushed down the toilet?
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Posts: 1,351Registered Users
    They are the victims of their DLC policy, that is all. If CA hadn't have to create this special content, they would be on schedule. Personally, I would have preferred to get the game on time and then have their DLC be finished after release (like it supposed to be) so it could have taken all the time they needed to polish it. But no, greed had to be put into the equation.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
    Sabor said:

Honestly I am frustrated to no end! Not with them pushing back the game, I get that and I'm ok with that. I rather have a better game at launch then Rome 2 where I had giant graphical error holes in my map.

No what I'm frustrated about is NO ONE WILL EVER BE HAPPY! Literally every other comment I read after Rome 2 was "why didn't you let reviewers have it earlier CA you were trying to cover up a crappy performance!" Sega did the same thing with aliens colonial marines, no one was allowed to review till game day.

I have been reading comments for months people have overwhelmingly said if you need more time, take it. Now that they say they need an extra month, that they are letting game reviewers help you decide if it's right for you. What do people do? Find a reason to bitch anyway!

Ugh...I'm sorry but people's reactions can be so infuriating, especially when it contradicts what those same people said a month earlier.

No... everyone has a different opinion. To think there is one course of action that CA can take to satisfy everyone is insanely naive. It's impossible to make everyone happy.
    edited March 2016
    ranknfile said:

Anubis259 said:

bronhoms said:

I'll go further and say no one owes any of us anything.

Well, technically, if we prepaid for a game. Don't they owe us something? ;)

EDIT: I am only arguing semantics. not starting a flame war