Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER - Specs and Release Date

Comments

• MrBunglesMrBungles Posts: 123Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    For those that planned vacations around this game; That. Is. Sad.

Go to the beach! Something! Anything! You can play games any other time.
  • Kardan020Kardan020 Posts: 40Registered Users
    Ika said:

-.- I expect I won't get any sort of compensation or even a half decent apology for this frankly dickish move. Pre-ordered the high king and set my vacation a week ago because you can't possibly move the release date 1 1/2 month away from release for such a big project because that would entail a level of incompetence I would not expect from an even remotely serious developer.

Joey CA said:

we apologise for any hassle this might cause you.

Seriously this is all I get for getting a week's vacation flushed down the toilet?
    Oh noes, they're taking the time to make the game even better for you!

OH THE HUMANITY.

Seriously people, calm the **** down. I'm dissapointed too, we all are. But if it makes the game better in the end, there's no point to bitching.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    MrBungles said:

Got to the beach! Something! Anything! You can play games any other time.

Nothing wrong with taking time off of work to fully appreciate something that many of us having been anticipating for decades.
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

MrBungles said:

Got to the beach! Something! Anything! You can play games any other time.

Nothing wrong with taking time off of work to fully appreciate something that many of us having been anticipating for decades.
    Nothing wrong at all. Unfortunately, there was a risk that not everything was going to go to schedule, so they needed to be prepared for that to happen.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • ArayelArayel Junior Member Posts: 328Registered Users
    So I read the opening post and immediately posted about the ridiculous reason for the push back that, as written, being the additional review time. I got a reply from Charlotte saying it was also to improve the quality of the game. A couple of pages later it's confirmed that reviewers are getting the completed game....so the extra month is literally nothing but an attempt to get more pre-orders via good reviews in case the game isn't well received.

When you consider the £10 price drop in the UK it makes even more sense that this is a marketing and pre-order motivated decision. After all how many early access reviewers are going to say something negative and risk not getting early access to the rest of the series.

Unless CA can give some specific, detailed proof of anything else from the information given this is the only deduction that I can make. I guess it sort of makes sense business wise, especially after the RO flak and other negative forecasts the game has received and if pre-order sales aren't where they expected. To be honest, I smell SEGA in this decision.

And having worked in the programming industry I can tell you now, a single month after multiple years of development buys you next to nothing other than a few additional bug squashes and a cup of tea before delivery date.
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    Arayel said:

So I read the opening post and immediately posted about the ridiculous reason for the push back that, as written, being the additional review time. I got a reply from Charlotte saying it was also to improve the quality of the game. A couple of pages later it's confirmed that reviewers are getting the completed game....so the extra month is literally nothing but an attempt to get more pre-orders via good reviews in case the game isn't well received.

When you consider the £10 price drop in the UK it makes even more sense that this is a marketing and pre-order motivated decision. After all how many early access reviewers are going to say something negative and risk not getting early access to the rest of the series.

Unless CA can give some specific, detailed proof of anything else from the information given this is the only deduction that I can make. I guess it sort of makes sense business wise, especially after the RO flak and other negative forecasts the game has received and if pre-order sales aren't where they expected. To be honest, I smell SEGA in this decision.

And having worked in the programming industry I can tell you now, a single month after multiple years of development buys you next to nothing other than a few additional bug squashes and a cup of tea before delivery date.

Dunno if I agree with that. Rome ii one month later was way better than Rome ii on day one.
  • YodelLightlyYodelLightly Junior Member Posts: 54Registered Users
    Kardan020 said:

Ika said:

-.- I expect I won't get any sort of compensation or even a half decent apology for this frankly dickish move. Pre-ordered the high king and set my vacation a week ago because you can't possibly move the release date 1 1/2 month away from release for such a big project because that would entail a level of incompetence I would not expect from an even remotely serious developer.

Joey CA said:

we apologise for any hassle this might cause you.

Seriously this is all I get for getting a week's vacation flushed down the toilet?
    Oh noes, they're taking the time to make the game even better for you!

OH THE HUMANITY.

Seriously people, calm the **** down. I'm dissapointed too, we all are. But if it makes the game better in the end, there's no point to bitching.
    I don't mind them moving the release date to make sure the game is more polished (though if rome wasn't pushed back it begs the question what state this game is in). However they should have realized this about 3-4 months ago and when such clear incompetence is shown I think we are well deserving of at least a half decent apology seeing as clearly a lot of people have planned vacations for the set release date that we can't change. Its very little to ask since I now have 1 weeks less vacation this year at my disposal and technically they would be liable for tort.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
    Arayel said:

Have to agree. It does seem like nothing more than a plot to get additional pre-orders. Giving the completed game to reviewers and youtubers, but making those of us who have pre-ordered and waited, wait longer for no good reason, is silly. I have already made up my mind about buying the game. I don't need other people making reviews. Why punish the pre-order people ? I may not speak for all pre-order purchasers, but I, for one, would love to get my hands on the same full game version that the reviewers will be on. Hell, I will even be giving my own full reviews for it. It makes zero sense to have the few review it when the many will do it better.

So some people say that others may need a review before they buy the game? Fine. Have them wait until a review is out a few days after game release.

This is nothing more than an attempt to grab more pre-orders and none of us should be happy about it.
  • FrontlinerDeltaFrontlinerDelta Senior Member Posts: 3,549Registered Users
    MrBungles said:

Ah yes, the obligatory "go outside nerds" comment.

This idea that people who do take a little bit of time off work for an anticipated release are somehow shut-ins and neckbeards is ridiculous. We don't know what else they do, the only parts of their lives people post here are the parts relevant to Total War but that doesn't mean that's all there is to their life...
  • MordrethMordreth Senior Member Posts: 1,130Registered Users
    I have been incredibly critical of CA since R2.

This restores some faith for me. It shows that they are starting to care about Polish over Profit.

Take all the time you need. Release a full game, with no cut content BS like Attila. Kill the bugs and do your best.
    Bring on the Skaven! CA please try to balance MP! Too much cheese!
  • LandgigLandgig Posts: 120Registered Users
    ranknfile said:

Anubis259 said:

bronhoms said:

Well.. I don't think the specs are enough to make up for the delay... I think you better give us some more battles pronto. Like right now.

They dont owe you anything.
    I'll go further and say no one owes any of us anything.

Well that's kinda wrong....we are the fan base and consumers of various titles under the CA banner.
  • Gabe55Gabe55 Member Posts: 47Registered Users
    Greedy side of me is sad.
    Sensible side of me is happy

I had slight worries we'd get a buggy release. Extra month doenst hurt! Still looking to be a fantastic game
  • LandgigLandgig Posts: 120Registered Users
    Arayel said:

Never looked at it like that...if this is the case poor form CA. Bug/tweak related no worries, pre order related I think I'd rather cancel then be treated like this. CA give us more of a idea why this has been delayed? Wrong answer here could hurt the game before release.
    Or maybe instead of being what the conspiracy theories are suggesting, they actually DO need the extra time for a quick bit of extra polishing.

And to make additional use of the extra time given, hey, sure, give some influential people the game to have a look at before the complete one is handed out.

Everybody wins :)
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

• Rich55Rich55 Posts: 856Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Gosling said:

Or maybe instead of being what the conspiracy theories are suggesting, they actually DO need the extra time for a quick bit of extra polishing.

And to make additional use of the extra time given, hey, sure, give some influential people the game to have a look at before the complete one is handed out.

Yes, except the copy being handed to these influential people is the complete one. What they get is the same as what you will get.
    Guess so. But they don't get any more money out of giving it to people earlier than some, do they? Unless they're bribing the reviewers to give the game a top score and encourage even more preorders, which is an ugly thought that I don't really believe in.

• GwydionGwydion Senior Member Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    Gosling said:

Guess so. But they don't get any more money out of giving it to people earlier than some, do they? Unless they're bribing the reviewers to give the game a top score and encourage even more preorders, which is an ugly thought that I don't really believe in.

I remember when people said that about gamespot and their ilk... lol.

however I agree with you, I don't think its at that level of corruption, YET.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
    Honestly I have no idea as to any of the reasons people are throwing around. The one thing I do know is publishers do not like to keep a game in development any longer than it needs to be. If they got extra time it would be my guess they had to fight for it.

As I didn't pre-order I'm not too bothered by it but I can understand why people who did are angry and especially people who used up half their years allowance for time off work in the hope of playing it.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,415Registered Users
    Just saying, I had a week off during Rome 2's release.

Polish it, CA, polish it gooooood. :tongue:
    Don't worry.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,123Registered Users, Moderators
    They haven't even said when the reviewer folks are going to be getting the game, so I doubt that this is just all an attempt to get preorders. Now, if the reviewers get the game at the same time they would have before the date change then yeah, that's fishy. But that just seems unlikely.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Flyinpenguin117Flyinpenguin117 Member Posts: 334Registered Users
    Rich55 said:

Gosling said:

Yes, except the copy being handed to these influential people is the complete one. What they get is the same as what you will get.
    ...and? They were always going to do that, unless they said somewhere they'll still be getting it around mid-late April.
    Born to go into harm's way, come all! Ye hell or high waters be damned! No lightning, no thunder nor hurricane gale can stand in the face of his wrath.
    Be he beneath his enemy's feet or by cloud where their gaze can not go, when Leviathan rise, every last man shall shake to the core of his soul.
    edited March 2016
    MrBungles said:

Fireman, EMT, Paramedic, EVOC, Surfer, SkyDiver, married to a amazing 10/10. IT has nothing to do with "go outside!"

I was JUST about to take time off for this. A LOT of time off and if anyone thinks time off is easy to comeby as a fireman / paramedic guess again imagine trying to ask for time off in the military. I would have been SO ****, if I had done that only for them to move it.

It's not about going outside, as pardon me but I think I outclass you in "outside stuff", its about something some of us have been dreaming about getting our hands on as fans of warhammer in ALL its forms, and fans of total war, since we were kids.

Besides if someone truly does sit inside all day... who cares? If they are truly happy with that life let them be, they aren't hurting anyone and there's no need to poke fun at people.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!

Rich55 said:

Gosling said:

...and? They were always going to do that, unless they said somewhere they'll still be getting it around mid-late April.
    And? Perhaps reading what I was responding to might be helpful.
  • MogustheDogMogustheDog Posts: 553Registered Users
    edited March 2016
    Setrus said:

Just saying, I had a week off during Rome 2's release.

Polish it, CA, polish it gooooood. :tongue:

lol

I'll always respect the opinion of someone who has lived through it before.
  • PointyLizardPointyLizard Posts: 126Registered Users
    Ok so I am not super computer savvy. I am running an AMD FX 6300 3.5 ghz, and a gtx 960 2GB, with 16 GB of RAM. What settings should I be looking to run this on with decent fps?
  • MordrethMordreth Senior Member Posts: 1,130Registered Users
    Mordreth said:

I have been incredibly critical of CA since R2.

This restores some faith for me. It shows that they are starting to care about Polish over Profit.

Take all the time you need. Release a full game, with no cut content BS like Attila. Kill the bugs and do your best.

That is one view yes. I would personally think this might cost them pre-orders. And even if it does get a few more. Those are probably people who had planned to wait until launch anyways.

Its really hard to say how this will affect their metrics without some prior data or example.

That said. If there is week one DLC i will be **** furious.
    Bring on the Skaven! CA please try to balance MP! Too much cheese!
  • ImmaculateDeceptionImmaculateDeception Senior Member Posts: 2,073Registered Users
    SiWi said:

So....what's wrong with Vampire Counts?

They release that the models eneded up a bit short and had hairy feet.

#TheDarkProphecy
    Ha, seriously though, something has to have been wrong with The Vampire Counts. Perhaps they fixed it but obviously it set them back some. I see no reason at this point to have shown us so much about every other faction and nothing at all about VC unless there has been something wrong. You match that with a simple month push back and I am honestly curious about what the problem has been with The VC. I know they wont tell us and I know they will fix it.

The pushback is somewhat of an annoyance but its just a month, no big deal. If it means we don't have to listen to the wailing of the VC crowd about how their faction is bugged to all hell, then a month pushback is well worth it!!

>:)

SiWi said:

So....what's wrong with Vampire Counts?

They release that the models eneded up a bit short and had hairy feet.

#TheDarkProphecy
    Ha, seriously though, something has to have been wrong with The Vampire Counts. Perhaps they fixed it but obviously it set them back some. I see no reason at this point to have shown us so much about every other faction and nothing at all about VC unless there has been something wrong. You match that with a simple month push back and I am honestly curious about what the problem has been with The VC. I know they wont tell us and I know they will fix it.

The pushback is somewhat of an annoyance but its just a month, no big deal. If it means we don't have to listen to the wailing of the VC crowd about how their faction is bugged to all hell, then a month pushback is well worth it!!

>:)
    lol i agree completely

• rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 950Registered Users
    @bennymcl i normally agree with alot of your posts. in this case, i'm gonna try to be optimistic. the cynical part of me sees what you are saying and thinks, "yah, sounds about right". but i ain't listening to my cynical side. not trying to tell you to chill out. just wanna present a different viewpoint.

i really think we won't know until later. if youtubers get the game and start reviewing it a month early ahead of the may release date, it would seem you are right. especially because it was stated when they get the game, it will be the full release version. however, if youtubers get the the game a week before the new date, that seems to say that it truly is to polish it more. this second part is what i think is really going to happen. for now, i trust CA's given reason that the date has been pushed back to smooth stuff out and make it better. i won't have any reason to believe otherwise until evidence is presented.

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

Albion is replacing the halfling conspiracy, for the VC calling it now for reason of delayal >:)