Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rome: Total War chariot combat causes CTD

demon9675demon9675 Posts: 1Registered Users
edited March 2016 in Total War Eras Support
Hi All,

Having crash-to-desktop issues in battles against AI chariots when playing Rome: Total War on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro using OS X El Capitan 10.11.3.

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

In terms of mods, I'm using player1's bugfixer (here) and Barbarossa82's Vanilla Balance Mod (here). I have also made some minor tweaks to text files to increase artillery pieces from 2-4 for ballistas and scorpions for all factions and give onagers to all factions that didn't already have them. Sincerely hoping these changes, which are pretty light, aren't the origin of this problem. All the VBM does to chariots is lower their morale via editing text files, and the others don't touch chariots at all.

CTD is common in battles involving chariots of any kind, usually occurring once they engage in combat but sometimes well into the battle or even when enemy starts to rout. Only occurs when AI is using chariots - everything works fine when I'm the one using them! This is mainly a problem when fighting against Britannia, Egypt, and any other civilization that commonly uses chariots (including the easter egg Amazon Chariots in Themiskyra).

Turning graphics settings all the way down has a noticeable impact in reducing the frequency of crashes, but does not totally eliminate them and reduces the quality of the game experience. I've been stuck in chariot battles that continuously crash no matter how much I reload or turn graphics settings to minimum. CTD is reproducible in custom battles when AI is using chariots.

Please let me know if I need to provide crash data, and if so how I can post it without exceeding character limits.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

UPDATE: Found another support thread with similar issue here. Does anyone know if this person got a response?

UPDATE 2: Completely reinstalled the game from scratch and still having the same problem. Can confirm this is not occurring because of any modified data files - it has to be something to do with the application and its interaction with my OS.
Post edited by demon9675 on