Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Greenskin Diplomacy

KrocodileKrew212KrocodileKrew212 Registered Users Posts: 312
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
I wonder how Greenskin campaigns will require us to handle diplomacy. On one hand, Orcs & Goblins are battle-hungry creatures, most of whom are only familiar with Ambassador Battle Axe or Envoy Spear. On the other hand, even the great and mighty Grimgor Ironhide can't fight everyone in the Old World at once. Maybe there will be times that the game gives us the difficult task of forming alliances or doing fighty things with a grain of subtlety. That would be interesting.

Let's say I'm playing Azhag the Slaughterer. He gets a boost to diplomatic interactions with Vampire Counts, right? Right. So what does he do with that? Form an alliance and help the Von Carsteins conquer the Empire, then turn on them when the Empire is suitably weakened? Use their help to conquer the Dwarfs since only Orcs & Goblins can occupy Dwarf territory (and Dwarfs, obviously), only to inevitably go back to fighting them later? Use them as a non-aggressive buffer against the Empire during the early-to-mid game before becoming powerful enough to engage both groups? Expand northwards with them to defend against the coming Chaos invasion?

What do you guys think?
Team Ogre Kingdoms

"We threatened to grind their bones up to make bread if they didn't pay. Course that's just a threat - it takes too long to grind 'em and most of this lot are just as 'appy to eat'em raw." -- Olag Skullcracker, Ogre Tyrant

Comments

• SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    I think Azhag helps the Vampire Counts to conquer the empire in order to have a real challenge as enemy.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • KrocodileKrew212KrocodileKrew212 Registered Users Posts: 312
    SiWi said:

I think Azhag helps the Vampire Counts to conquer the empire in order to have a real challenge as enemy.

And possibly to satisfy the Crown of Sorcery that won't stop nattering to him. :tongue:
    Team Ogre Kingdoms

"We threatened to grind their bones up to make bread if they didn't pay. Course that's just a threat - it takes too long to grind 'em and most of this lot are just as 'appy to eat'em raw." -- Olag Skullcracker, Ogre Tyrant
  • CyronCyron Registered Users Posts: 1,113
    Yeah I'm looking forward to play as Azhag after I've played Mannfred.
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,838
    Greenskin diplomacy:

Demand ___________/_________ Offer__________
    ''Give it this to us!'' / ''Else I'll take it from you''
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times