Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

frogbeastegg's guide for Total War: Shogun II

AndresAndres Junior MemberPosts: 6Registered Users
edited October 2013 in Total War: SHOGUN 2
froggy.jpg

Frogbeastegg's guide to Total War: Shogun II

Dear members of the .com fora,

It is with pride that the totalwar fans over at totalwar.org announce to you that frogbeastegg is writing a complete guide for the latest totalwar installment, Total War: Shogun II.

When we at the org first heard about the 'frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II' we were excited. Who wouldn't be? Tons of pages of exhaustive single player strategy, advice and study of the game. Every clan, unit, and setting discussed. Lengthy sections on the economy, agents, diplomacy, realm divide, research, settlement management, religion. Illustrated battle tactics. Tips designed to help veteran players adjust to the game, along with an approach of starting from the basics and working up which will help new players find their feet.

All of this and much more, a must read for anyone interested in the game! And it's coming soon, to a totalwar.org site near you :)

For those who do not know frogbeastegg, she's kind of a celebrity in the totalwar community and the author of several in-depth TW guides, the most famous being frogbeastegg's Guide to Rome Total War and the Barbarian Invasion and A Beginners Guide to Medieval Total War.

The guide for Shogun II will be released near the end of May and we can already assure you that it'll be her most detailed and extensive guide ever.

We'll keep you updated once we have a release date and will, of course, provide a link to the new guide once it's officially published.

On behalf of totalwar.org,
Andres
Content Manager.

EDIT: frogbeastegg's guide is now released and available HERE.
Post edited by Andres on

Comments

• merakmerak Member Posts: 46Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    that is good news as i am thinking of getting the game when patch 2 i getting out and froggy is my favorite author in making guides
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,243Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    great now i can close all those one-post guide threads people keep making and throw them at frogbeastegg!

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • YamfunYamfun Member Posts: 87Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Why post before the guide is out? It's not like the guide has tv rating that you have to advertise in advance to boost the rating.
    And all those paragraphs of hype words hyping up the guide and even the author just made me more irritated when I found out the guide has not really been released yet.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,099
    edited May 2011
    Very good, looking forward to seeing it I remember her RTW guide well ;)
  • cheekyarabcheekyarab Senior Member Posts: 108Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Yamfun wrote: »
    Why post before the guide is out? It's not like the guide has tv rating that you have to advertise in advance to boost the rating.
    And all those paragraphs of hype words hyping up the guide and even the author just made me more irritated when I found out the guide has not really been released yet.

I imagine its to let people know to expect it as frogbeastegg puts an immense amount of time into a guide and they are excellently done.

I remember the RTW guide and it was fantastic.
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
    George S. Patton
  • Rastafari_KenRastafari_Ken Senior Member Posts: 903Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Yamfun wrote: »

My first thought was how nice it is of her to put out a guide now that she can "error correct" from the hundreds of guides already available.
  • AndresAndres Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    I'm happy to announce to you that frogbeastegg's long expected Guide to Total War : Shogun II will be published at the .Org on June 17th 2011.
  • YannosYannos Senior Member Posts: 164Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Thank you for the info on the release date. As soon as it is out I will place a link in my sig.
  • StrategeStratege Senior Member Posts: 647Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    I have recently discovered the Rome Total War Guide and it was a very good read.
  • MdotManiaMdotMania Member Posts: 47Registered Users
    edited May 2011
  • spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited May 2011
  • DogSoldieRDogSoldieR Senior Member Posts: 136Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Yes, so get out there and LIKE her facebook fan group! Subscribe to her guides! :p

Its almost to the end of may now! Cant wait to read the nuggets of wisdom from the guide ^^

That aside, I quite enjoyed the guide to M:TW when I played it. I miss my teuton knights but its okie, I got naginata tanks now :D
    My lord! The Ashigaru cooks report that our Tempura dinner will soon be ready! We need to finish this battle quickly in time for dinner! And warm up the victory sake too
    edited August 2011
    And it's finally there!

frogeastegg's guide for Total War : Shogun II has been published on our fora! You can find her masterpiece right HERE.

You'll most probably find everything you ever wanted to know about the game in those 53.000 something words :)

Enjoy!
  • SkollopSkollop Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,291Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Sweet!
    Previously known as DenmarkRules
  • Shadow_WarriorShadow_Warrior Senior Member Posts: 240Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Andres wrote: »
    And it's finally there!

Fantastic thanks
    The Art of War is in ensuring the enemy know they have no chance of Victory.
  • ClumsyNinjaClumsyNinja Member Posts: 84Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Wahoo! I don't use the other forum so would it be cheaky to request an addition here?

I haven't read it yet but it doesn't seem to include a section for the historical battles and I can't beat the naval one, any chances of that kind of section being added int he future do you think?
    edited August 2011
    Excellent thanks a lot Andres -I'll sticky this :)
  • GregoshiGregoshi Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for stickying this Shireknight.

ClumsyNinja: It is doubtful froggy will add new sections to the guide. She basically put her life on hold for about four months to work on the guide (research and writing). Needless to say she is one tired frog. She's going into rehab to learn how to play TWS2 for fun again.
    Check out frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II and take your game to a new level.
  • ClumsyNinjaClumsyNinja Member Posts: 84Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Haha fair enough, not critising it was just that I've read some of her previous stuff and there were revisions and updates.
  • KatsumotoGKKatsumotoGK Senior Member Posts: 692Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    daelin4 wrote: »
    great now i can close all those one-post guide threads people keep making and throw them at frogbeastegg!
    that's not fair.. some people like myself have put effort and time into making small guides
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,373Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Fantastic, great job!
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
    edited August 2011
    that's not fair.. some people like myself have put effort and time into making small guides

Ahh don't worry about Daelin he's just cracking a joke, everyone's guides are important hence why we have Kurkistan's guide to the guides :)
  • witch.kingwitch.king Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    very good... compliment
  • MikeBMikeB The Creative Assembly Posts: 332Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    As I've said elsewhere, this is an exceptional piece of work. FBE's fingers now deserve a holiday. :)

edited August 2011
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War : Shogun II is now available in .PDF format.

You can find it in our downloads section or simply click on THIS LINK.

FYI, we also have some faction specific guides available in the TW : S2 Single player guides subforum which is located here and some interesting TW : S2 Multiplayer guides right here.

Cheers,

Andres.
  • ArnebjarneArnebjarne Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    edited September 2011
  • Lord KurondoLord Kurondo Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited November 2011
    this is a great guide , got it on my iphone
    Join us on teamspeak 3 at ts79.light-speed.com port 4141 No password
  • SunnySulliSunnySulli Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm getting a new PC soon so I can play this game(2 weeks or so) so in the meantime I'm thinking of reading the guide from Frogbeastegg. I'm wondering is that kind of like cheating? lol and would it like kind of "spoil" the fun of finding out stuff during game? I've never read any guide for any game I've ever played. I'm not much of a hard core gamer type but I do love Total War series(except Empire since it always keeps crashing on my PC and so I decided it wasn't woth the time to watch pixelated guys shooting and reloading for a WHOLE minute).

I'm just wondering is there content in the guide that that would make it not fun after I've read it? Should I play through a campaign or 2 first? I love reading the info stuff in M2TW and RTW. The history and the unit stats and stuff but I guess I don't want to know stuff like actual detailed strategies.

But I do WANT to know if there are bugs and gameplay stuff that isn't obvious that hinders a successful campaign because I forgot one of the game features and forgot to use it the whole time. Sorry, it's hard to describe. Any ideas?
  • SeijunSeijun Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, a new member here and new to Shogun 2 (go easy!). I would like to download Frogbeastegg's guide, unfortunately the link provided does not work - the page hangs and no download begins. Is the guide hosted elsewhere? Thanks in advance.