Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

High King edition

azaghalazaghal Registered Users Posts: 13
I have just pre-ordered a high king edition, and saw that the package will be shipped on or around the release date.

If it ships exactly on the release date, can someone at CA possibly send a steam code or anything, so the people who ordered can play on the release day? That's he only thing that worries me, is having to wait even longer!

Anyone got an answer?

Comments

• MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 1,433
    They will aim to deliver on the release day, but you know postage services aren't perfect. There's a steam code inside the box, so if its late you'll just have to wait an extra day.
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • theCHOPPAtheCHOPPA Registered Users Posts: 50
    They've stated on multiple occasions that it will be delivered on release day :)
    (It's all based with Koch Media and doesn't have much to do with CA)
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,130
    Indeed also have to wait for release day, we shame we couldn't get at least day before release for pre load.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

Indeed also have to wait for release day, we shame we couldn't get at least day before release for pre load.

Install from CD is quicker :P
    Plus we get time to drink from the drinking horn while the game installs! Cheers!
  • azaghalazaghal Registered Users Posts: 13
    Indeed, I plan on filling my horn with weihenstephaner, and some good ol' WI new glarus.

Cheers, for the high kings!
  • RadikusRadikus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    theCHOPPA said:

How slow is your internet connection?
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394
    Radikus said:

theCHOPPA said:

steam tends to only transfer at around 2MB/s, which while faster than the old CDs is still slower than the X16 DVD which comes in at about 11MB/s.

If you happen to have a fiber connection I don't know if you can force steam to be fast, but that's what I get on a 16
    MB connection.
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • HorseDroppingsHorseDroppings Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 334
    Really? For me it uses almost the maximum. I have an 100Mbps internet connection and steam caps it out at around 12MB/s, so it uses pretty much the whole thing.
    Radikus said:

theCHOPPA said:

You don't wanna know :(
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394

Really? For me it uses almost the maximum. I have an 100Mbps internet connection and steam caps it out at around 12MB/s, so it uses pretty much the whole thing.

After looking into it a bit more it looks like it varies wildly depending on location time of day etc. mostly 2-4MB/s with some people claiming 20MB/s(yet steam has a 25MB/s throttle option).

So still most people would benefit from a DVD as long as the day one patch is not very big.
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • NerfTheGoatsNerfTheGoats KernowRegistered Users Posts: 77

I have 48mbps average connection and I'm the sole user.
    2.2mbps is the fastest steam will download anything.
    I could download 1/2 my library at the same time, each item capped at 2.2mbps
    Team Lizardmen
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 835
    I have a horrible feeling the horn might be some rubbish plastic thing... will be disappointing if it is!
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 1,433
    It's made out of resin, so I suppose it depends what you think a rubbish plastically thing is. ^^
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."