Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Official Mod Support & Steam Workshop for Total War: WARHAMMER!

CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA AdministratorPosts: 3,031Registered Users
Hi ALL!

Official Mod Support & Steam Workshop for Total War: WARHAMMER!
Back when we originally announced Total War: WARHAMMER, we explained that we wouldn't be able to support the game with official mod tools, as unlike other TW games, it wasn't just our game we were making this time.
However, I'm pleased to say that both Creative Assembly and Games Workshop have been working away on the paperwork over the last few months to see if we actually could get both the Assembly Kit and Steam Workshop support added to the title. And the good news is, we have.
We are aiming for this to be available from launch on day one, you will be able to:

1) Visit Steam Workshop For TW: WARHAMMER
You'll be able to browse, follow, discuss and install available mods straight from Steam and access and manage them from the new Total War Launcher Mod Manager:

(this is just an example of the Mod Manager!)

If you're a modder, you'll be able to upload, host and promote your work on the Workshop to the widest audience of players. We'll also continue to feature the best and most striking new mods on our official social media channels and the new Launcher itself.

2) Get the Assembly Kit.
We’re a little short on time before launch, so it won't initially be as full-featured as previous titles, but will at least include the Database Editor and BOB for modifying and exporting database tables and campaign start positions, and packing them all into mod packs.
We hope to add further functionality, such as battle map editing, later on in the year.

3) Download Mods.
We'll be talking to and looking at supplying advance access to the game to any of the modders who have attended our Mod Summits over the last three years, so we're hoping you'll be able to pick from some great mods straight out of the gate. For example, Radious will be working on a version of his famous mod series for this Total War: WARHAMMER.
In addition, we will be offering dev team support to modders Dresden and Magnar, who are working on two specific mods and aiming to release them at launch of the tool kit being available.
Magnar is designing a Legendary Lord Start Position Mod; customising start positions so that Legendary Lords will start in different locations from Race Leaders.
Dresden is engineering a Regional Occupation Mod; altering the settlement rules to enable each race to settle every region.
While we hope you'll initially play the game as the designers intended, we also hope you enjoy downloading and maybe even make some great mods of your own.
As always, if you are submitting to the Steam Workshop, you should be aware of potential copyright and intellectual property conflicts; there will be further information in the game's EULA and for advice on submitting mods to the workshop and getting your content officially featured check out our content creators page on the Total War Wiki here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Content_Creators.
We can't wait to see what you'll do with the game; see you on the field!
Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Comments

• knodo85knodo85 Member Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    first?

Edit: first!
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    Haha nice example mods ;)

Good news :)
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • Sulieman the MagnficentSulieman the Magnficent Senior Member Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    While this is excellent news, will Warhammer have whole campaign map editing tools?

And when will you release the patch assembly kit for Attila AK? The patch would do well so modders can import their custom made maps into the campaign map, and a few fixes to TED would be nice.

Will you continue to support Warhammer assembly kit modding with Attila's assembly kit modding side by side?
    Dwarf Battle cry: " For the High King and the glory of the dwarfs "
    Team Dwarves
    "
  • KlalearaKlaleara Junior Member Posts: 222Registered Users
    This! This is the biggest announcement they have made yet! My hype is back to max!
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,797Registered Users
    This is insanely awesome. Now everyone complaining from before can be silenced and can go preorder to make this the best TW game ever!!!

Love you CA! <3
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Posts: 1,649Registered Users
    This is amazing news thank you CA. Both of those starting mods sound awesome
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Posts: 641Registered Users
    Holy Barf Muffins!!! This is huge and wondrous news! Oh thank you bless your souls!

Holy Barf Muffins!!! This is huge and wondrous news! Oh thank you bless your souls!

barf muffins lol
  • FerritFerrit Junior Member Posts: 107Registered Users
    This is amazing news!!

So regional occupation and LL start positions can be altered from the go!

Along with the chaos DLC change, the hate train should be derailed and the hype train at max
  • GrayserGrayser Junior Member Posts: 233Registered Users
    My hype is officially through the roof now. So happy about this that words feel insufficient.

Awesome stuff, truly amazing.
  • KlunzKlunz Senior Member Posts: 1,436Registered Users
    This is amazing news CA! Great decision making here and I think we partly have that glorious bastard Mitch to thank for this! :D
    [PORTABLE-ID]crazysteve[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • Siven80Siven80 Senior Member Posts: 484Registered Users
    Interesting.

But will it be possible for the big mods like medieval 2 had (LOTR etc). I would guess not considering the recent TW games and also GW .
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Posts: 2,326Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    Mod tools and steam workshop support are great news. Thanks CA.

The promise of a "different starting positions mod for different legendary lords" adresses my biggest complaint with the game thus far. I'm so happy right now.

We're seeing a lot of new Warboss skins in the stream, selection seems a lot larger than I originally expected.

My only complaint thus far is the lack of race specific advisors. Was hoping for a Goblin one for Green Skins.
    There were some RII mods reskinning the advisor, hopefully something similar is possible here.

The promise of a "different start positions mod for different legendary lords" adresses my biggest complaint with the game thus far. I'm so happy right now.

We're seeing a lot of new Warboss skins in the stream, selection seems a lot larger than I originally expected.

My only complaint thus far is the lack of race specific advisors. Was hoping for a Goblin one for Green Skins.
    There were some RII mods reskinning the advisor, hopefully something similar is possible here.

It was the biggest issue for me as well. I believe I will still try out the new RO system. It intrigues me lol
  • myselfnapoleonmyselfnapoleon Senior Member Posts: 440Registered Users
    It's really nice that mod support was added! Will any form of MPC (coop or h2h) be shown before the game is released?
  • Hampus233Hampus233 Posts: 2Registered Users
    will the elves be in this game or the other standalones??
  • DwarfSlayerKingDwarfSlayerKing Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    Are we going to get to see more Dwarf play before launch? Can I get some squigs for Orcs for my Ax to cut up :dizzy: Are quest battles done with preset armies or do you get to choose what you bring?
    Hampus233 said:

Another game :)
  • FerritFerrit Junior Member Posts: 107Registered Users
    bennymcl said:

The promise of a "different start positions mod for different legendary lords" adresses my biggest complaint with the game thus far. I'm so happy right now.

It was the biggest issue for me as well. I believe I will still try out the new RO system. It intrigues me lol
    Likewise. I will still play my first run through the way the Devs intended, but RO and LL changes make for 2nd+ playthroughs much more interesting
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,480Registered Users
    This is unbelievable.

I love you CA.

Officially the best pre-release hype ever.

You guys are knocking it out the park..
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
    Sheepboy said:

bennymcl said:

Likewise. I will still play my first run through the way the Devs intended, but RO and LL changes make for 2nd+ playthroughs much more interesting
    Totally.. not to mention the co-op possibilities now. Where we can all play the same races as our buddies!! Definitely making use of that.. I AM SO HAPPY!!! 19 DAYS AWAY!
  • BeliskBelisk Member Posts: 173Registered Users
    I am skeptical as to why you essentially got modders to address the concerns from your player base as opposed to adding alternative options for people or just allowing it. But all things consider, well done.

I am now pre-ordering to show my appreciation.
    Belisk said:

I am skeptical as to why you essentially got modders to address the concerns from your player base as opposed to adding alternative options for people or just allowing it. But all things consider, well done.

Having these 'issues' fixed through modding support and having modding support is better than 'fixing' the issues (I don't think RO is an issue.. yet) and not putting modding into the game.

The fact that people had so many issues with RO and starting locations is a big factor in modding support would be my guess.
    Hampus233 said:

No elves in this. They are going to be added to the game in the two coming expansions.
  • horace35horace35 Junior Member Posts: 197Registered Users
    Awesome work.

Not too bothered about RO but loving the start position switching of LLs
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,759Registered Users
    I wonder with the separate starting positions if I'll still be able to get the other LLs if I absorb them. If so that will be the 2nd best mod ever
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
    edited May 2016
    I believe when Joey hovered over one her Gobbos it said "Night Goblin Archers (Fanatics)", but not when she hovered over another night gobbo unit.
    Anyone can confirm this?
    horace35 said:

Awesome work.

Not too bothered about RO but loving the start position switching of LLs

Seems like most of us had come to terms with RO and decided to try it... everyone hated LL starting position lol
    Belisk said:

I think it's simply because these mods will be just as good as if CA designed them themselves and implemented them in the game from the start.
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Posts: 629Registered Users
    I'm honestly blindsided by this announcement. I never thought Games Workshop would agree to this, but I'm incredibly excited that you guys were able to work it out with them! The hype is real!