Adorbs

The future of 22.5k battles

Nighthawk00Nighthawk00 Senior MemberPosts: 613Registered Users
In a few months to a year, almost all Shogun 2 players will probably be level 10. Knowing this and knowing that match making (MM) between two level 10 players is at 22.5k funds, it is reasonable to think that almost all or most MM battles will require 19 (20 units minus the general) veterans. Players only have 43 veteran slots, that leaves little room for different army compositions. Of course one is not obliged to field 19 veterans in such battles, 18 or 17 are also possible.

Will this be a problem (as in boring battles with mostly the same army compositions)? Will CA intervene? And how can CA intervene?

Should veterans be healed automatically after a battle? Should the number of veteran slots be increased? Will the 22.5k funds be lowered to say 18k?
Post edited by Nighthawk00 on

Comments

• SmtNSmtN Senior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Nobody wants to fight higher than 14k, they'll fix it soon
  • Nighthawk00Nighthawk00 Senior Member Posts: 613Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    I like the 22.5k battles but I don't like fighting two in a row as my vets need to heal.
  • CyellCyell Senior Member Posts: 433Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    I personally hate 22k battles. It would be nice to be able to set your prefered or max size for your battles.
  • pigspigs76pigspigs76 Senior Member Posts: 189Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Prestige mode parody?
  • HatlinHatlin Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    As a 10 lvl player i like 14k and 22.k battles , i hate when i must play 5k battles with my 1800 koku general and fighting 10k its kinda unconfortable since i cant balance army well(melee and range) .

14k battles are fun , 22k also but not 2 in row when your core of vets is shattered from last battle and that means that i got smaller chances to win - giving me feeling even i win first fight "i dont feel like i want to play next battle".

Veteran slots at lvl 10 should be increased by 10 slots IMO.
  • blentablenta Banned Posts: 530Banned Users
    edited May 2011
    As i have noticed that people 10* are alt+f4 in loby to avoind 22k battles when their vets are damaged, something really need to be changed. Lower funds, more slots, something...
    My YouTube battle replay channel with comments >
    http://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof?feature=mhum
    With Total war since original Shogun, made my life better!
    .....''Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.''
    Plato, Ancient Greek Philosopher, 428 BC-348 BC
  • SnoopyTRBSnoopyTRB Senior Member Posts: 864Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    I don't think that's how they intended veteran slots to work. They are intended to be your elite, your shock troops. Not your entire army every single battle. It just works out now that you can pretty much dump all your vets into a 10-14k battle almost every time. Which is kind of silly.
    edited May 2011
    Well good lucky ever beating an enemy's cav with valina cav, or bow vets with vanila bow, or infantry with vanila infantry, oh wait did i just name all the units in the game just now? :)
    .....''Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.''
  • triscuit21triscuit21 Senior Member Posts: 556Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Why don't you just use the battle list? It lets you choose between lots of different games, so you don't ever have to fight a 22k battle if you don't want to.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other ******* die for his."
    - General George Patton (1885-1945)
  • hoomahooma Senior Member Posts: 110Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    cause some dont want play games with no reward!
    edited May 2011
    hooma wrote: »
    cause some dont want play games with no reward!

the only thing you don't get is win on the leaderboard.
    edited May 2011
    @SnoopyTRB: existence of 22k battles proves that they intend to allow us unleash full potential of fully experienced units.My army consist of like from lvl 4 to lvl 6 veterans mostly and i spend all my koku + i need to take like 2-3 units that are "blank" (non-vets) to fill all 20 slots.

I bet players with mostly lvl 9 vets need to think carefully about army setup before going to fight , also they wont fill 20 slots.

Problem is when battle ends with all your units decimated and MM will place you against next lvl 10.
  • zyrtexxzyrtexx Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    blenta wrote: »
    the only thing you don't get is win on the leaderboard.

Do you get clan tokens in battlelist?
    edited May 2011
    edited May 2011
    ok forgot that no win for leaderboard and no clan token