Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How are you going to handle Multiplayer?

CormorantCormorant Posts: 1Registered Users
I've been going through some of the online literature concerning multiplayer in Warhammer TW, and I'm having problems finding concrete information about those modes.

This might be my failure to find these things,

As of yet I've heard some things about custom battles, and co-op, but nothing about matchmaking, or details on the other ones.

Thus I ask, which multiplayer modes will be available, both at launch, and are currently planned through future releases?

Will there be competitive matchmaking?

Comments

• bol14bol14 Senior Member USAPosts: 824Registered Users
    Cormorant said:

I've been going through some of the online literature concerning multiplayer in Warhammer TW, and I'm having problems finding concrete information about those modes.

This might be my failure to find these things,

As of yet I've heard some things about custom battles, and co-op, but nothing about matchmaking, or details on the other ones.

Thus I ask, which multiplayer modes will be available, both at launch, and are currently planned through future releases?

Will there be competitive matchmaking?

nope just like any other total war it will be custom battles that can have up to 8 players involved but thats it
  • AggonyDuckAggonyDuck Senior Member Posts: 3,641Registered Users, Smiley
    I would assume that the game will have quick battles and a ladder like Attila.
  • North_WolfNorth_Wolf Member Reykjavik, IcelandPosts: 270Registered Users
    Everything is supposed to be like Attila as as we know.

I would love too see a Shogun 2 style mode though, the emphasis is much more on characters this time around so it would be a good fit.
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,466Registered Users
    Leaderboard, non-ranked online matchmaking through quick battles, online lobby battles. Up to 4v4 players. Online Co-op campaign.

That's it.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 4790k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 2400Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Posts: 1,051Registered Users
    A match making system would be really cool I think. My biggest hope for Multiplayer is 3 or 4 Player MPC still.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• Musculus_IVMusculus_IV Junior Member Posts: 318Registered Users
    No FFA battles :(
    Really hope they'll come back in the 2. or 3. game.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 16,089Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

I would assume that the game will have quick battles and a ladder like Attila.

Everything is supposed to be like Attila as as we know.

I would love too see a Shogun 2 style mode though, the emphasis is much more on characters this time around so it would be a good fit.

Same process as is in Attila.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin