Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Duration of Peace Treaties?

SeanOfVASeanOfVA Registered Users Posts: 9
When I am at war with a faction and have taken enough of their territory for now and need to consolidate my gains I tend to make peace with them. However, I've read elsewhere that breaking treaties can have a dire effect on your diplomacy reputation. So, I am curious how long a peace treaty needs to go before I can safely break it?

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,687
    It's been awhile but, if I recall correctly, the time having the treaty does little to enhance anything. Breaking the treaty will penalize your relationships with the faction and any of their friends/allies.

The global impact on your faction's reputation will slowly subside. It only takes a few turns, eight or nine or so. If you do it several times though the reputation hit lasts longer.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• smiler22smiler22 Member Registered Users Posts: 57
    All treaties need to be honoured for 10 turns before breaking them otherwise you take a hit on your diplomatic rating.
  • SeanOfVASeanOfVA Registered Users Posts: 9
    Great, thanks for that. A clarification, do Trade Agreements fall under this same 10 turn minimum rule?
  • smiler22smiler22 Member Registered Users Posts: 57
    No worries, yes they do.
  • LuisAlaguna#9179LuisAlaguna#9179 Registered Users Posts: 35
    smiler22 said:

All treaties need to be honored for 10 turns before breaking them otherwise you take a hit on your diplomatic rating.

Nice to know it.