Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Legendary Lord Neferata: WIP Discussion (implementation on hold)

Comments

• theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    Outlaw3D said:

@ theedge634

I was probably going to trim the bust down a bit, there will also be a clothing texture layer that will go under the dress. It'll look more corset like and give her some modesty. The initial helmet I made was very close to those source pictures (and yes those are the ones i used) But the silhouette for it was really bad and made her look topheavy, so I curved the wings back and made it a little smaller. I may undo this if the silouette looks good after i add the robes. There will be a some robish things going from her shoulders to her wrists and down. (think greek nobles).

Thank for the input!

Next week I'll be going back to this project. Since the game came out ive basically just been playing it haha.

One thing to note from the pictures, is while normally I'd imagine neferata as a somewhat refined and aristocratic vampire though with a very dark temperament, I think the pictures show that she turns to a more feral and bestial character in battle, and I think it would be good to show that in the model. Can't wait to see how this progresses.
  • SanjuroSanjuro Senior Member U.K.Registered Users Posts: 1,743
    I think you need to post more pictures with your progress. ;)
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,693
    edited June 2016
    This looks like an old Mortal Kombat character. Not to be a downer, but I hope you tone down the overall nakedness (I get that it may be due to early shots) and breast size, it's very video-gamey and not exactly Warhammer fitting.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • AkatsukiLeader13AkatsukiLeader13 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 604
    krunsh said:

This looks like an old Mortal Kombat character. Not to be a downer, but I hope you tone down the overall nakedness (I get that it may be due to early shots) and breast size, it's very video-gamey and not exactly Warhammer fitting.

I agree. I'm not crazy the look of her from the book covers. I much prefer her End Times outfit which looks sexy without being absurdly skimpy, it looks old but new and all around fits her and her origins.
    "Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."
    -the Third Doctor

"Kings of Ulthuan! You are usurpers and thieves. You owe me a debt. In my name, and in that of my father, I call upon you to repay it now!"
    -Malekith, the Phoenix King

Nagash is All and All are One in Nagash.
    krunsh said:

Check the thread. I believe he said she'd have more clothes in the finished version. That's one reason I asked him to show more progress with the pictures.
    Sanjuro said:

krunsh said:

Check the thread. I believe he said she'd have more clothes in the finished version. That's one reason I asked him to show more progress with the pictures.
    Many clothes will not need a model... things that are skin tight can be textured in.

Sanjuro said:

krunsh said:

Many clothes will not need a model... things that are skin tight can be textured in.
    Err, what's your point exactly? He said it's not finished.

Are you suggesting he's lying?
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,995
    With some of the OP updates I'm more interested than ever. really looking forward to seeing a more developed version :)
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,055
    I hope you don't take this criticism the wrong way, but you gave her Barbie-doll, valley-girl hair. It doesn't really suit her at all.
    ò_ó
  • harnedharned Registered Users Posts: 3
    hey, sry i dont get it!
    is Neferata a downloadable mod, becuase i cant find the link to download the mod
  • Joey CAJoey CA Creative Assembly Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 750
    I love mods! I love Neferata! BUT, she is definitely WAY more under dressed than she's ever been in WFB which I don't like at all (sorry)

I would definitely recommend you read some of her lore though and steer away from "ladies of the night" references which isn't the case. She's a Vampire as such she belongs to the realm of the night, it's not meant in a sexual way.
    The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    Yeah more clothes pls. I like the look of the End Times model, very scary very cool.
  • mrindigo00mrindigo00 Registered Users Posts: 104
    Actually maybe you can release multiple models and let us choose? ;)

really looking forward to this mod.
  • illathidillathid Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 113
    Joey CA said:

I love mods! I love Neferata! BUT, she is definitely WAY more under dressed than she's ever been in WFB which I don't like at all (sorry)

I would definitely recommend you read some of her lore though and steer away from "ladies of the night" references which isn't the case. She's a Vampire as such she belongs to the realm of the night, it's not meant in a sexual way.

To be fair he says much of her clothes will be textured rather than modeled, but I still think a Nehekharan look would fit her better.
    Like Warhamer Fantasy? Have CK2? Play the Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht mod!
    illathid said:

Joey CA said:

To be fair he says much of her clothes will be textured rather than modeled, but I still think a Nehekharan look would fit her better.
    Unless he is planning on texturing her wearing yoga pants, I call BS on that.
    ò_ó
    Warlocke said:

illathid said:

Joey CA said:

Unless he is planning on texturing her wearing yoga pants, I call BS on that.
    You may very well be right, but I'm holding out judgement until I see it.
    Joey, sounds like CA has just volunteered to do this properly as an official release. ;)
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,995
    Sanjuro said:

Joey, sounds like CA has just volunteered to do this properly as an official release. ;)

pls?
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
    Sanjuro said:

I'm going to have to agree with this #CAJoey just confirmed Neferata.
    ò_ó
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonRegistered Users Posts: 11,372
    Warlocke said:

Sanjuro said:

I'm going to have to agree with this #CAJoey just confirmed Neferata.
    Disclaimer: President of the Neferata Fan Coven.

You guys are thinking terribly wishfully. :p
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • Outlaw3DOutlaw3D Registered Users Posts: 43
    Joey CA said:

Hey Joey thanks for coming by! You're right, what I said may have come off the wrong way. I didn't mean to imply her coven is a bunch of streetwalkers. It was more a reference to their infiltration strategy of seducing noble lords in order to marry in to their family for the power and influence. Then they would turn members of their council and take over. It was also a reference to the corruption of the Sisters of Sigmar. Neferata isn't really the war faring type in 8th ed. Until the end times she just kind of sits in the Pinnacle and lives an unlife of hedonism and excess. I've been playing WFB and 40k for 15 years now so I know the lore pretty good. But I can definitely see based on the half naked WIP shot and what I said it could be interpreted the wrong way.

I've been gaming a lot last few weeks (finally picked up overwatch) and I've finished up a commission for a friend of mine. Next week I'll start back up on the high poly so i can get some more good wip pictures up. Right now she looks pretty naked but once I've finished her high poly armor I can bake the textures onto her model. This armor wasn't included in current wip shot I have up. (just didn't have the time).

I think I'm going to get rid of the red colors for the most part and focus on more of a black/bone/gold look. This will cater to her newer look in end times without looking too tomb-kingy. The dress isn't really a dress so much as torso piece with the loincloth. Her sides/hips and back will be covered almost completely with leather armor. The chest will be a solid looking piece of armor (like the Mortarch figure)

Hope to have some better shots next week.
    I still think going for a Nehekharan look for her is the better idea.
    illathid said:

Not really... they're both equally good "ideas". There is no real way that either version can be a better idea as they are completely subjective and different. I really like both versions. I just want to see some WIP pics so that we can give more feedback.
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,246
    @Outlaw3D Great update! ^_^
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

illathid said:

Not really... they're both equally good "ideas". There is no real way that either version can be a better idea as they are completely subjective and different. I really like both versions. I just want to see some WIP pics so that we can give more feedback.
    You're of course right that everything is subjective, I was just posting my own subjective opinion. Making a model of Neferata without making her look Nehkhara is like making a clean shaven, hatless, and blonde model of Abraham Lincoln. You're of course free to disagree, but I'll continue to maintain my position. :)
    illathid said:

illathid said:

You're of course right that everything is subjective, I was just posting my own subjective opinion. Making a model of Neferata without making her look Nehkhara is like making a clean shaven, hatless, and blonde model of Abraham Lincoln. You're of course free to disagree, but I'll continue to maintain my position. :)
    There will be Nehkharan imagery on her. I've got some snakes winding her way around parts of the armor and pieces of bone and whatnot.
    When can we expect updated pictures?
    Outlaw3D said:

illathid said:

illathid said:

There will be Nehkharan imagery on her. I've got some snakes winding her way around parts of the armor and pieces of bone and whatnot.
    I'll reserve judgement until I see the final product then. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about what you're doing. I just want Neferata to look Nehekharan. Not reminiscent, but straight up a full blown Vampire/Pharaoh.
    edited June 2016
    Been a really busy week at work so I haven't had as much time as I wanted to work on it. Next week I should have a revised massout with a few high poly segments.
    illathid said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about what you're doing. I just want Neferata to look Nehekharan. Not reminiscent, but straight up a full blown Vampire/Pharaoh.

I'm not going full blown because I don't want her to look like a tomb king. She will look more like the Mortarch version with some sex appeal and Nehek imagery.

Outlaw3D said:

Been a really busy week at work so I haven't had as much time as I wanted to work on it. Next week I should have a revised massout with a few high poly segments.

illathid said:

I'm not going full blown because I don't want her to look like a tomb king. She will look more like the Mortarch version with some sex appeal and Nehek imagery.

I get why you're doing it, I just think you're wrong. :wink:

Seriously though, I'm excited to see what you come up with.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file