Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Epic Warhammer screenshot thread time! WAAAAAGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Sulieman the MagnficentSulieman the Magnficent Senior MemberPosts: 1,851Registered Users
Hi all, barring launch issues, we've got the thread up, and Warhammer is looking ******** fantastic. Really is, so please post your epic screenshots here,

Sieges would be nice!
Dwarf Battle cry: " For the High King and the glory of the dwarfs "
Team Dwarves
"

Comments

• SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,363Registered Users
    Coming in hot with a Bretonnian large funds custom battle! :grin:

Vs the vile Chaos raiders coming from the north.

On the flanks, the action starts quickly as the foul mages of Chaos tries to soften up the Bretonnian centre before the charge.

Hold them back, my brave men at arms!

Oh god...

...yes!

Never forget the rank and file and their fate to fight and die without anyone remembering them...

Having ambushed some Chaos chariots, my pegasus knights look for fresh prey.

Anvil, meet hammer...squash any fleshy bits in between! :grin:

Rules have changed indeed...

Adding spoiler tag to ease reading the pages of pictures that'll no doubt drop in... :)
  • TylerTr95TylerTr95 Senior Member New JerseyPosts: 253Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    Mister Jumpy here attacking my lines

EDIT : I did it @Setrus :D
    I don't always play total war, but when i do i expect a family tree.
    TylerTR95 said:

EDIT : HOW YOU ADD SPOILER TAG?

It's in your reply toolbar, the sixth button, the first with a little drop-down menu.

Also, 'k' removes the UI when you play in the game, awesome shot though! :grin:
  • MerarchesMerarches Posts: 461Registered Users
    i didnt find the screenshot button ^^
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,872Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Merarches said:

i didnt find the screenshot button ^^

In Steam? F12.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,249Registered Users
    Setrus said:

Coming in hot with a Bretonnian large funds custom battle! :grin:

Vs the vile Chaos raiders coming from the north.

On the flanks, the action starts quickly as the foul mages of Chaos tries to soften up the Bretonnian centre before the charge.

Hold them back, my brave men at arms!

Oh god...

...yes!

Never forget the rank and file and their fate to fight and die without anyone remembering them...

Having ambushed some Chaos chariots, my pegasus knights look for fresh prey.

Anvil, meet hammer...squash any fleshy bits in between! :grin:

Rules have changed indeed...

Adding spoiler tag to ease reading the pages of pictures that'll no doubt drop in... :)
    Wow dude.. that looks fantastic.
    edited May 2016
    Greenskins! :lol:

This is why goblins rock. Even when they die, they're hillarious.

Grimgor stomping all over Gorfang, making him "da scarred"

Mmmm...tasty cav-charge!

Get back ere', ya git!

I love the greenskin army.

Ello' boyz!

By Mork, he's such a beast!

Could toooottally backfire between a long front, making other greenskins dislike me and making my lands vulnerable...but I just got to make this scaredy cat submit...and PAY me for the privilege. :lol:
    Rochaid29 said:

Wow dude.. that looks fantastic.

Thank you! :)
  • NeclordNeclord Junior Member Posts: 92Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    GAME OF THE YEAR

• ArcheAngelArcheAngel Posts: 23Registered Users
    Run baby run :)

• ArcheAngelArcheAngel Posts: 23Registered Users
    Something went wrong here.

• Erman2626Erman2626 Junior Member Posts: 53Registered Users

Result of Kholek using his Lord Of the Storm ability.

(That's almost 20 meters off the ground)
  • RocketlegionRocketlegion Member Posts: 621Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    Battle For Skull Pass

(Weird cant edit spoiler tag)
  • nosuchnamenosuchname Senior Member Posts: 1,399Registered Users
    I am sorry that I have been so harsh towards CA, this game is magnificent and I am glad that CA changed their mind about the chaos preorder dlc. The game runs much smoother than atilla and I had no issues whatsoever with this game.

Auto resolving has been hugely improvement in warhammer 2, its far better compared to the first one, but it still needs some tweaking, especially the dark elves.

Auto resolving has been hugely improvement in warhammer 2, its far better compared to the first one, but it still needs some tweaking, especially the dark elves.
  • MalcolmMalcolm Posts: 226Registered Users
    Those pictures look beautiful! Sadly I can only play on low graphic settings or my laptop goes crazy. You are all making me jelous! :(

Erman2626 your picture is funny, when I saw it, I could imagine the guy saying "I believe I can fly! I believe I can touch the sky!" He got his wish :p

Setrus, your pictures is really making me wish that CA would hurry up and release the Brettonia faction. :D

Team Empire - For Sigmar!
    Team Bretonnia - For the Lady!

• KlalearaKlaleara Junior Member Posts: 222Registered Users
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 3,682Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    Klaleara said:

Just....one. I won.

This reminds me of a battle my friend was playing in our coop campaign. His 2 dwarf warriors and 3 miners all had 19 men and a full HP dwarf lord, who was defending the Pillars of Grugni vs. Grimgor. They had an arrer boyz unit, 3 Goblin Wolf Rider Archers, a unit of Orc Boyz, a gobbo unit, and Grimgor himself (at a quarter hp, which was the only reason...)

That the lord survived AND killed Grimgor ;)

It was an epic last stand with the orc arrer boyz firing at him while he stood alone against the 3 goblin wolf riders who continuously routed over and over, but kept coming back for more.

It was probably the most epic moment ever in my relatively long history of TW games. (One funny thing-- the lord actually brought Grimgor down to exactly 1 hp before finishing him off!)
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.

So I said in my greenskin campaign that the confederation could backfire...and it did.
    Sponsored by Dwarf gold, the Crooked moons ignore their non-aggression pact and attack Valaya's Sorrow!

The trecherous monsters swarm the garrison...

...and it's swiftly over, leaving the town sacked by Sour, the goblin leader of the tribe.

So Karak Azul is grimly contacted and given a good deal, considering they'd lost quite a few troops to Crooked Moon recently, as Grimgor turns his angry eye on those stabbing him in the back like a cowardly goblin.

Fortunately, Grimgor had a waaagh going and this army wears down Sour and his troops and leads to Karak Eight peaks being besieged. Unsurprisingly Sour turns his coat and joins Grimgor in a confederation.
    But not all are happy with this, in fact, right by Karak Eight Peaks, a rebellion is launched by a filthy orc who thinks himself a warboss.

Who is sent to stop him? Why Sour of course... ;) Leading from behind, obviously. ;)

A skirmish is initiated, the rebels have the height, but the loyalists the numbers.

Soon, the rebels tire and charge...and wow, those boar chariots plowed through goblins like a bowling ball through pins! :lol:

Trolls are so gross. :grin:

With the Crooked Moon rebels dealt with, Grimgor himself moves south and deals with some Red Fang rebels! Seem everyone confederated with are upset and it's now boiling over.

It's clear the rebels are a cowardly lot, mostly goblins join them!

Ohhh...hello fanatic, goodbye fanatic! :tongue:

So the rebels dealt with, obedience low but at least stable, it's time to pay the Dwarfs back for them getting this going in the first place...unless something-

-damn it. ;)
  • KomsKnikov3KomsKnikov3 Senior Member Posts: 245Registered Users
    I just thought i would share some really cool and good looking screenshots for the game. This game is beautiful and runs really well too (on high end PC's). I tried to find a screenshot megathread like the ones for Rome 2 and Attila but couldn't so feel free to post yours on this thread.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est:
    A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in a killer's hand. Seneca
    My most wanted future Total War's
    1.Total War Medieval 3
    2.Total War Victoria (1800's)
    3.Total War Mesopotamia (Assyrians, Babylon etc)
  • ItsATrapItsATrap Posts: 24Registered Users
    These are amazing, love it! :D
    Are you using the Empire solider mod (for more armour, less pyjamas)?
    Thank you very much!
    Yeah i'm using the Empire solider mod with a mod that unlocks all the factions for custom battle. I love that there are high quality mods on day one.
    1.Total War Medieval 3
  • rdizzrdizz Senior Member Posts: 300Registered Users
    So I'm running on absolute max settings the game has to offer and (other than vsync because of the bug) your screens look so much better. What settings are you using and did you mod any files?
    I've got mine on max apart from shadows which i have at medium. Im not sure whats wrong with yours, you may need to go in advanced and check the settings. Also make sure texture filtering is 16x. Hope that helps!
    1.Total War Medieval 3

• sirius89sirius89 Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited May 2016

This screen looks absolutely fantastic. You are running a SweetFX profile right (I'm seeing a little bit of Chromatic Aberration?)? Would you mind shooting me a link? :hushed:
    Finally, some revenge!

So instead of hitting Karak Azul with all his might, Grimgor leads his own horde east while a second, lead by Kruglug Manflaya (god, these names...) is near Iron Rock and spots Thorgrim. Though the safe way might be to go back to Iron Rock, the opportunity is too good to pass up. Though the attack is a terrifying prospect, the Dwarf king is positioned on a hill with numerous Dwarfs in his throng.

Kruglug though, surprisingly bold for a goblin, orders the advance, widening the battleline.

Meanwhile, his cavalry flank even further out, ready to pounce.

The goblins lead the charge, soaking up crossbow bolts as they go. As the dwarfs focus on the centre, the flanking orc infantry begin to swing in and the wolf riders strike hard upon the enemy's rear.

Most of the goblins are slaughtered quickly, but as the orcs charge in, many Dwarfs need to turn to face them...and expose their backs to the goblin archers who waste no time in picking their targets.

Kruglug flaying some dwarfs, for a change. :tongue:

It's a close thing, but on the flanks, the orcs are starting to overpower Thorgrim's militia.

But many dwarf regiments manage to hold firm and form defensive formations that grind down an worrying number of greenskins.

At the end though, it's down to a single defender stoically holding the line as the few surviving remaining Dwarfs flee...

But wow, he holds the line well! :open_mouth:

In fact, so tough and brutal is the orc-slayer, that many of the already tired and wavering greenskins begin to rout...

In the end, after dozens of dead, the greenskins manage to rout Thorgrim though, but a pile of bodies are left after his passing.

Kruglug, cackling maniacally, celebrates his victory above said pile...jeez, evil guy. :lol:

Pointless battle and all too bloody, really, but oh so satisfying...and I got a lot of money out of it, plus stymied the Dwarf advance, so yay!
    sirius89 said:

This screen looks absolutely fantastic. You are running a SweetFX profile right (I'm seeing a little bit of Chromatic Aberration?)? Would you mind shooting me a link? :hushed:
    I am currently using gem; however, if you intend to use it, you will have to tweak it a bit in order to make it work.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?672483-A-R2-TW-GEMFX-Version-1-0-9
  • sirius89sirius89 Posts: 7Registered Users

sirius89 said:

I am currently using gem; however, if you intend to use it, you will have to tweak it a bit in order to make it work.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?672483-A-R2-TW-GEMFX-Version-1-0-9
    Gonna look into it. Thanks. :)