Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Epic Warhammer screenshot thread time! WAAAAAGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,531Registered Users
    I regret nothing about my choice of Reiksmarshal
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/264963512064150589/F6FDBCB3F0368488E6E97929E0C2A5671F4231A0/
    apologies for the level of graphics.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• sirius89sirius89 Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    Total War Warhammer with GemFX looks absolutely incredible after a little bit of tweaking.

Post edited by sirius89 on
  • nosuchnamenosuchname Senior Member Posts: 1,399Registered Users
    No matter, I just started a new empire campaign and now everything went a lot better. I also had a massive battle moments ago, but I couldn't take any actual screenshots of the battle because I was so stressed out due to the fact that I was heavily outnumbered.

Auto resolving has been hugely improvement in warhammer 2, its far better compared to the first one, but it still needs some tweaking, especially the dark elves.
  • JDog91JDog91 Junior Member Posts: 474Registered Users
  • az88az88 Posts: 3,065Registered Users

No matter, I just started a new empire campaign and now everything went a lot better. I also had a massive battle moments ago, but I couldn't take any actual screenshots of the battle because I was so stressed out due to the fact that I was heavily outnumbered.

Save the battle replay and take the shots when you rewatch it.
    az88 said:

Save the battle replay and take the shots when you rewatch it.
    Good idea, shame I haven't thought of this earlier, stupid me.
    Auto resolving has been hugely improvement in warhammer 2, its far better compared to the first one, but it still needs some tweaking, especially the dark elves.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,815Registered Users
    Can I just say how much this battle pained me. No matter how much ranged fire I focussed on the 100 armour, shielded vampire lord I couldn't scratch it. I had defeated everything and still had 1/3rd of my army left. But he had a lifesteal melee weapon and I ran out of ammo...

The rest is history.

"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • skeletonguyskeletonguy Posts: 30Registered Users

About to have a bad day
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,815Registered Users
    Benny Hill Theme Captain_N?
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,224Registered Users

I regret nothing about my choice of Reiksmarshal

The Empire is doomed. ;)

Urk Legbiter, set on causing yet more destruction, heads further into the Border Princes. All the way to Myrmidens, in fact. There, he finds the city ripe for plucking after the expert work of Bogrub Beard-taker. (By Mork, I love that little goblin!)

The Princes' defenders are surprisingly staunch though, and do their best to hold back the flood of green.

They cannot hold all the breaches though, and once Urk's boar boyz sneak through on one end, they proceed to devastate their foe's rear.

Time to sack another place, boyz! Melt down that statue! :lol:

Meanwhile, Grimgor, in search of a fine (as in, blood-soaked) armour, deals with a headache of a dwarf force that right from the start begins bombarding him.

Under his angry gaze, orcs are driven to slaughter in their hundreds to destroy the hated Dwarfs.

In the end, he's victorious, but no armour is yet found, making him enraged, and he's lost hundreds if not thousands of boyz, which he frankly doesn't care about. :tongue:

As Grimgor's troops recover from the brutal battle, Urk Legbiter is not taking it easy. With a fresh Waaagh army in his tow, he forces the already stricken Border Princes, their capital looted for a whooping 12 000 in valuables, pay another 1 800 for peace. Then he moves further west, finding an embattled Tilea surrounded by grudge-fuelled dwarfs. Of course, spotting the weak party and how their forces are moving away from home, he yet again strikes at a wealthy capital.

Miragliano, walls yet again wrecked by our cunning little goblin, stands vulnerable as hordes of greenskin throws themselves into the teeth of enemy fire.

Urk almost has a grasp of tactics, or at least of selfishness. He orders those orcs following in his tail, rather than his own boyz, to lead the assault.

And only once the enemy is engaged and slowly pushed away from the walls, does his own boyz start to advance.

The Tileans put up a staunch defense in layers...

...but there's no stopping the waaagh!

Looting this place, now that the defenders are gone...might take some time. :tongue:

Muhahahaha...place looted, Urk makes a treaty with the Tileans, peace is made. And why not? Urk has what he wants...

Next, sailing west, he finds Estalia ripe for plucking as the foolish umies are busy fighting some horsie-umies over in Carcassone. As such, Urk eagerly moves in on Tobaro.

It's not a long battle, and now Urk and his waaagh lay poised to attack wealthy Magritta!

• UchihaGUchihaG Posts: 363Registered Users
    Oh, if we're already talking about WAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!

Although my army has quite some quality units, I doubt Karl Franz can make it through a fight against almost four full stacks of Greenskins. If you are asking yourself why I am right there with an Empire army: I was finishing the quest for Ghal Maraz (defeat five Greenskin armies) and thought I might just as well go and raze Karaz-a-Karak after taking it back from the Greenskins to get the achivement. Oh boy, was I wrong...
    CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
  • ZenkZenk Posts: 13Registered Users

My first siege :smiley:

For Sigmar! ( Dn't drop the book XD)

• RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Posts: 2,339Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    Glad to see you're still contributing to these screenshot threads, Setrus!

Had hands down the most exciting battle I've ever had in a TW game. I was the Vampire Counts sieging Belhafen, which belonged to Ostermark.

The siege towers approach

The battle commences

Their mortars would prove to be a pain throughout the battle

Like I said.... a pain

I could only imagine their fear

The gates are destroyed

Send in the Vargheists! :blush:

That guy should've pulled a sickie today

Mopping up!

And with that, the battle is won! It was a really intense battle that seemed uncertain until I was able to claim the walls.
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE

edited May 2016

Glad to see you're still contributing to these screenshot threads, Setrus!

Had hands down the most exciting battle I've ever had in a TW game. I was the Vampire Counts sieging Belhafen, which belonged to Ostermark.

Thanks! :blush:
    And glad to see you in the mix as well, man, Ostermark troops actually look pretty awesome like that. And yeah, Vargheists vs the walls is just mean. ;)
    @UchihaG
    Well!? How did it go!? :grin:

Now, time for the beautiful and rich Magritta. This city is no different and also suffers Boggrup's attention before the attack. I've had to nickname him "Da Sapper" by now. :grin:
    With the walls nigh on a non-issue, Urk Legbiter leads his numerous warriors into the city.

The Estalians fight well, but they only needed to break in one spot for the tide of green to pour into the city and sweep all before them.

There is no mercy for those who run away.

Oh yeeeesss...

Invigorated by this victory, Urk Legbiter's waaagh army takes some initiative of its own and charge into Bilbali

All Urk's boyz get to do is to hunt down some routers as the city is sacked.

However, the over-zelaous waaagh army then continues its rampage...and is destroyed on its own when facing an Estalian army coming to reinforce. Then, the Estalians sneak past Urk and garrisons Bilbali...this won't stand! :angry:
    Urk, leading his boyz back, attack!

Advancing against the greenskin horde, the Estalians suffer an ambush as they move through a forest as goblin spider riders appear from the treetops.

Thrown into chaos by this flanking attack and the frontal assault by the greenskin infantry while rocks land among their ranks, the Estalians are vulnerable to yet more flanking as Urk's boar boyz charge in.

Ride them down!

Urk's command is simple...

...no mercy!

Meanwhile, on urging by the Top Knotz, Grimgor declares war on Karak Izor. No other than Azhag the Slaughterer is sent to deal with them with a fresh army.

However, underground he's intercepted by a Kazran the Man-Slayer, a scary dwarf with a deadly army.

However, the greenskins got the numbers, and the trolls, to start to overwhelm the dwarfs. And while Kazran himself is a tough one, those dwarfs guarding him die in a hail of poisonous arrows, leaving Azhage and a sneaky goblin named Ublug Da Stabby to take on the crazy dwarf.

In the end, it's Ublug who deals the final blow as the fool dwarf flees alongside his men. Despite this deadly blow, Kazran is reportedly only wounded and might reappear to take vengeance later on.

And Urk keeps sacking his way through Estalian territory, this time Brionne feels his ire...I love this army, better than any province in producing money. :lol:

• UchihaGUchihaG Posts: 363Registered Users
    @Setrus: Wellllll... I won, but the price was incredibly high. While I managed to hold them by playing rather defensively on a hill, my stronger cavalry went around to destroy theirs. Meanwhile Karl Franz was busy fighting Azhag and my Bright Wizard was killing Greenskins and buffig my troops. After they had achieved this, I turned them around for some rear charges, while using Karl Franz to slowly kill the two other minor, one after the other. Grimgor was last, as he was the hardest to kill and would prove a challenge even for Karl Franz. In the end, I managed to defeat their 2 legendary lords and decimate their troops, but my remaining army was a mess... After merging the remaining units in order to get safely out of the Dwarf Realms, I was only left with 2 Empire Greatswords, 2 Empire Halberds, 1 Empire Crossbowmen, 3 Reiksguard and 1 Demigryph Knights, along with my Bright Wizard and Karl Franz. The biggest thanks goes to my cavalry: While the Demigryph Knights are beasts, the Reiksguard also contributed hugely to this heroic victory! :smiley: It probably was the best battle I ever played in my Total War life and I have been playing these games since Rome 1. I have never needed so much micromanagement and there has never been a time where the temptation to press "pause" during a battle has been this big... :D
    CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,838Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    I really love this thread.
    Here is my stuff : )

My favorite:

"itz a burd?"
    More:

Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • IndalusIndalus Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    Some epic screenshots from my battle against the Vampire Counts! Taken from the final battle against the VC, Reiksmarshal Kurt Helborg fighting against a Vampire and the garrison of Drakenhof. He's not seen here though, I named the Warrior Priest Luthor Huss. :smiley:

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    What GFX mod do you have, nosuchname?
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • schebboneschebbone Posts: 16Registered Users
    Im interested too, and also... do gfx improve performances or it adds effects that may slow down the graphic considering that i am playing with a gtx 750ti on high?
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Posts: 705Registered Users
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/XFCIdFX.jpg[/img]
    Yes, he's simply strikingg
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
    UchihaG said:

@Setrus: Wellllll... I won, but the price was incredibly high. While I managed to hold them by playing rather defensively on a hill, my stronger cavalry went around to destroy theirs. Meanwhile Karl Franz was busy fighting Azhag and my Bright Wizard was killing Greenskins and buffig my troops. After they had achieved this, I turned them around for some rear charges, while using Karl Franz to slowly kill the two other minor, one after the other. Grimgor was last, as he was the hardest to kill and would prove a challenge even for Karl Franz. In the end, I managed to defeat their 2 legendary lords and decimate their troops, but my remaining army was a mess... After merging the remaining units in order to get safely out of the Dwarf Realms, I was only left with 2 Empire Greatswords, 2 Empire Halberds, 1 Empire Crossbowmen, 3 Reiksguard and 1 Demigryph Knights, along with my Bright Wizard and Karl Franz. The biggest thanks goes to my cavalry: While the Demigryph Knights are beasts, the Reiksguard also contributed hugely to this heroic victory! :smiley: It probably was the best battle I ever played in my Total War life and I have been playing these games since Rome 1. I have never needed so much micromanagement and there has never been a time where the temptation to press "pause" during a battle has been this big... :D

Man, that's awesome. :grin:
    This game, man, this game...

@corvo I LOVE that orc shaman one!
    @Indalus God, that's drool-worthy...

In my campaign, Grimgor paid a visit to Mount Gunbad as it's time to destroy Karak Kadrin while they're distracted with some spiky boyz up north.

Supporting fire for the win! :lol:

And in addition, a new army tunnels in next to Karag Dromar and surrounds the poor garrison.

And here they get to test a new secret weapon...

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

It doesn't take long for the garrison to rout and get shot to pieces trying to get out.

Ubbug Da Stabby nobly leading Azhag's lads in the conquest of Zarakzil.

However, a grave injustice is done in the west! Bretonnia under Louen Leouncoeur attacks Estalia and lays siege to Bordelaux. Urk wanted that one! Immediately declaring war, he marches on a smaller force near the siege that foolishly strayed too far away from the main force.

Dey'z all shiny, but Urk'z seez dem as nuthing!

Their cavalry is elite, but few in numbers and so is the rest of their forces...though they take a surprising toll on Urk's boyz, it's no question of the outcome.

Noble lord of Bretonnia...about to be eaten. :trollface:

A last glorious charge!

And then a less glorious death...

edited May 2016
    Gosling said:

As I mentioned earlier I am using gem. You can download it from total war center
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?672483-A-R2-TW-GEMFX-Version-1-0-9
  • Sky_SweeperrSky_Sweeperr Senior Member OklahomaPosts: 1,691Registered Users

Gosling said:

As I mentioned earlier I am using gem. You can download it from total war center
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?672483-A-R2-TW-GEMFX-Version-1-0-9
    Do you just use the one that's for Attila but put it in the WARHAMMER files instead?
    A brave man marches into danger and ignores his fear. A courageous man marches into danger while embracing his fear.

CPU: Intel i7 4970k 4.0 Ghz
    GPU: AMD r9 290x 4GB

Veteran of the Total War franchise since Shogun: Total war. (I was 10)
    edited May 2016

Gosling said:

Do you just use the one that's for Attila but put it in the WARHAMMER files instead?
    Use the standalone version, it works pretty much with any game just like sweetfx.
  • sirius89sirius89 Posts: 7Registered Users

Gosling said:

Use the standalone version, it works pretty much with any game just like sweetfx.

Do you have any idea if GemFX also works with Shogun 2? I tried it but couldn't get it to work.
  • Sky_SweeperrSky_Sweeperr Senior Member OklahomaPosts: 1,691Registered Users
    edited May 2016
    Alright lets see if I can get this image thing to work... these are from my battle for the Amulet of Sea Gold. Using GEMfx

love this one cause he's dropping his sword he thrust so hard. XD

A brave man marches into danger and ignores his fear. A courageous man marches into danger while embracing his fear.

CPU: Intel i7 4970k 4.0 Ghz
    GPU: AMD r9 290x 4GB

Veteran of the Total War franchise since Shogun: Total war. (I was 10)
    sirius89 said:

Gosling said:

Do you have any idea if GemFX also works with Shogun 2? I tried it but couldn't get it to work.
    It did work for me, but I don't remember if I had to tweak anything to get it working properly, otherwise you use this mod instead.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/shogun-2-eve