Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredConfederation Resets Garrisons?

PhaseStarPhaseStar Registered Users Posts: 49
edited May 2016 in Multiplayer Bugs
As the Dwarfs with Thorgrim, I convinced Zhufbar to Confederate. However, confederation meant that all their holds had their garrisons reset to 0. As a result, before I could get an army raised there, an Orc army was able to easily capture Zhufbar, which had a garrison of units each of which now only had 4 dwarfs.

While the garrison reset makes sense if a hold is changing hands due to conquest, it really makes no sense when it's due to confederation.
Post edited by Lexi_CA on

Comments

• Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Are you using Dresden's diplomatic confederation mod? If not please could you attach a save game the turn before you confederated? :)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • PhaseStarPhaseStar Registered Users Posts: 49
    No, I am using no mods at all. I was on the 1.00 pre-hotfix release version. I do not have a save from before this happened, but it happened again in the same co-op campaign when I confederated Barak Varr. Once again, garrisons reset to zero right after the confederation. The other human player was playing Karl Franz as Empire, I was playing Thorgrim Grudgebearer as the Dwarfs.
    I can give you a save file from the campaign (just not the turn before) in case it's helpful, but I don't seem to see how to attach files?
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    edited May 2016
    Can you attach to a comment matching saves from both you and the other player please? We would like to look into it but to do so we need the same save game from both you :)

EDIT: and you can attach files using the little paper drop down menu which just above the type box on a new comment. Here you can select the files you wish to upload or drag and drop into the box.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    *Moved to multiplayer to better track your issue*
    Thanks. Here are the save files I have (attached). I was the game host.

Attachment test.
    edited May 2016
    Hm, it acts like they are uploading, but I don't see the files once the post is made. Is there an e-mail or FTP I could send these to?
    FYI I have since confirmed that this also happens in a single player campaign. Again as Dwarfs, Thorgrim Grudgebearer. Convinced Karak Kadrin to Confederate, all garrisons in their former lands reset once they did.
    Could you try compressing the files before attaching them and possibly sending them individually in their own comment?

Sorry for the trouble in doing this, it might be because of the current traffic on the forums.
    I did try to zip them and then post, but will try again in this post. ... Nope not working, it tries and then says "file failed to upload." Tried several times.

Please note though, this is not a multiplayer bug and I've since seen it many, many times playing as Dwarfs in single player. Every time you confederate someone, their garrisons reset to 0 as if you had conquered them. It is very easy to duplicate even without a save file.

Since your forum won't accept my save files and this is 100% able to be replicated in single player, is there anything else I can do to help you?
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,925
    Have you completed you forum account registration process by confirming you email address?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • RaimondkingRaimondking Registered Users Posts: 1
    this just happened to me, and unintentionaly cause the complete destruction of zhufbar in the hands of unholy vampires. What should i do?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file