Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressDouble Click Bug

jcksnjnsjcksnjns Registered Users Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in Multiplayer Bugs
This has become an issue only in the couple of months leading up to warhammer and now its effecting warhammer too. In Shogun, Rome 2, and now Warhammer I have been unable to double click on units in the roster screen to get them in my army. I can still click and drag these units into the army but I cannot double click to move them or double click to remove them from the army. Double click works in every other program or game on my PC so this seems to be a problem with my Total War games. Any help is appreciated as this makes selecting an army for multiplayer and custom battle cumbersome and frustrating. Thank you!

If you need more info just let me know :)

Post edited by CraigCA on

Comments

• CraigCACraigCA Creative Assembly CA's DungeonModerators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,104
    Have you tried adjusting your double click speed settings in the mouse device properties in Windows? I'm not sure it'll help if the problem is only occurring in Total War titles, but its' worth having a look and playing with that setting.

Could also be worth reinstalling the drivers for your mouse. If you've got a spare mouse lying around I'd recommend swapping them over for a while, as well as possibly using a different USB port. Give those a go and see if you can get some better functionality out of it?
    Associate Designer on Total War

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • jcksnjnsjcksnjns Registered Users Posts: 2
    Tried updating drivers and it didn't help. Looking to get a new mouse. This bug could be worked around if I could drag units out of my army to remove them along with double clicking them. If that was a feature any other person who has this bug wouldn't have too much to worry about. I'll check back in when i see how a new mouse works. Thank you for your help!
  • XxAmBrosionxXXxAmBrosionxX Registered Users Posts: 10
    Hey I have had the same problem with all my past total war games. If you have found a fix please reply, It would be greatly appreciated. So frustrating.
  • WickedJoker420WickedJoker420 Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2016
    Does your double click work in battle? Mine wont work to move the units or to zoom to my unit in battle. Its seriously upsetting me. Double click is only malfunctioning in TW titles for me. Its not the mouse for sure, i even set an extra mouse button to do a double click, and that didnt work once in the game. I put in a tech support ticket, they gave me this long list of things to do. I followed the steps, and it worked, until i started my computer up today. SAME PROBLEM!!!!
  • RazgrizzRazgrizz Registered Users Posts: 2
    I have the same issue and this is across multiple mouses.
    What did the techies tell you to do? I asked them as well, they gave me something to do on steam but it didn't work for me
    Well at least we know it is a bug and not a one off thing
  • twwtww Registered Users Posts: 1
    i have found one solution that kinda works
    if your go into your total war files, go into data and then delete your UI folder (this only contains mouse icons and other things to do with the cursor) then open steam. right click on the total war the you just deleted the files from. properties. local files. validate game cache. this will redownload the files you just deleted. this fixes it for me. sometimes it works for a week other times i will have to repeat this step daily.
    hope this helps
    I will see if it works
  • ca_guyca_guy Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,171
    How did you get on? Any luck?
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA. | Lord name: guise |
    Nope still does not work for me. and it is getting very frustrating.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,038
    edited June 2016
    Another user found a possible solution/workaround for Nvidia users https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1579724/#Comment_1579724

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • gamingtoolkitgamingtoolkit Registered Users Posts: 1
    Do you mean that you do a single click but the mouse does a double-click instead? I have faced this issue with every high-end Logitech mouse after a couple of years of use. No solution worked so I just upgrade to the next model.
    http://gamingtoolkit.net/
  • caladirIantorcaladirIantor Registered Users Posts: 2
    I've been having the same problem with Napoleon: Total War and Medieval II: Total War. I think it started when I installed M2: TW...
  • caladirIantorcaladirIantor Registered Users Posts: 2
    And on Napoleon running it in Administrator mode seems to have fixed it.
  • rjakjedirjakjedi Registered Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2020
    If its to do with UI files it could be being overwritten by a mod. I recently installed a few mods and when the new DLC for Warhammer dropped the double click problem came.

What could be done is rervalidate files. Save the contents of the folder, then it should just be a paste job.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file