Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedMemory Leak and FPS Drop

XaeXae Registered Users Posts: 4
edited June 2016 in Performance & Graphics
Hello,
I am getting the following problems with Total War: Warhammer

1. Memory Leaks. Memory leaks incredibly fast In several minutes of idling on the campaign map I will be at over 10 GB used. Sometimes it will crash, other times it will hit ~95% (of 16gb)memory used then run some GC to bring down the amount used back to ~10gb

2. Campaign FPS Drop and Unresponsiveness
This is probably related to the memory leak, but in case it isn't. I have also experienced times when the campaign map will drop to sub 1 FPS and have a latency/lag/delay of 5-10 seconds for a click or keypress to register.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-4770
Nvidia 770 GTX (4gb) / Driver 368.22
16gb RAM (4x4, 1866 MHz)
ASRock LGA1150 B85 PRO4
Post edited by Matthias CA on

Comments

• PeterTCAPeterTCA The Creative Assembly Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 63
    Hi Xae,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing so much detail.

What I'd suggest for this is to roll back a driver version for Nvidia. If possible, cleanly uninstalling your current driver then installing the previous driver version. Let me know if this helps at all, we will investigate on our end.

Thanks,
    PeterT CA
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • XaeXae Registered Users Posts: 4
    Per Instructions I uninstalled Nvidia Display drivers 368.22, rebooted, installed 365.19 and rebooted again.

This appears to have solved the issues. FPS is holding steady and after ~25 minutes memory usage is stead at roughly 1.6gb.
  • QinshiQinshi Registered Users Posts: 217
    Same problem, rolling back the drivers didnt help for me.
    Gtx 770 gb 2gb
  • Matthias CAMatthias CA Administrator UKRegistered Users Posts: 2,596
    As the OP has solved his issue I am marking this thread as solved.

Thanks for keeping us up to date. :)
    PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING YOUR ISSUE ON THE SUPPORT FORUMS.

Need to contact us?

Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file