Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressLogo Screen Crash

Corys2Corys2 Registered Users Posts: 1
edited May 2016 in Crashes
Error step-by-step:

I click play on Total War: Warhammer, game goes to launcher.

I click play on Launcher Warhammer launches smoothly with no pop-up messages.

Logo screen appears and is loading for 2-3 minutes.

After this allotted time the application crashes, stating that it has stopped working, and windows prompt me to close it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I have tried so far:
**KEY: TW:W = Total War: Warhammer**

-Verifying integrity of game cache

-Update and repair Microsoft Virtual C++

-Update and repair DxDiag Version

-Update and check update for all windows drivers and versions

Tried to start TW:W online without steam overlay

-Tried to start TW:W offline

-Tried to start TW:W offline without steam overlay

-Tried to start TW:W offline/online with windows 8 compatibility mode

-Tried to start TW:W with clean boot

-Tried to start TW:W after uninstalling and reinstalling entire game

-Removed Awsonium.dll awsomium.txt awsonium.log and tried to run TW:W without, and then after verifying game cache and reinstalling trying to run TW:W again

-Removed temporary files in %appdata% the tried to run TW:W

-Tried to make TW:W windowed from application Warhammer.exe and from shortcut of Warhammer.exe on desktop, both result in target not valid.

-Tried to make Warhammer.exe run as admin as well as TW launcher run as admin and launch TW:W neither and both didn't work

-Tried to launch TW:W from a desktop shortcut

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files:

-There is no .save files due to not being able to start the game

-There is no minidump file

-There is a modified file but there is nothing inside the text document

-Attached is the DxDiag report

Comments:

I would just like to add and say thank you all at CA for working so hard to get these issued fixed in such a close timeframe, I really do appreciate it and I know others will as well.
Post edited by ca_guy on

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file