Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is it Worth It?

modder_carl_wilsonmodder_carl_wilson Registered Users Posts: 14
I have the old edition of Rome: Total War, and notice that Rome 2 has gotten mixed reviews. What does the public think, is it worth the money, or not?

Comments

• hernethehunterhernethehunter Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 590
    edited May 2016
    Yes I would say it's worth it as I've been playing it from luanch. The Emperors Edition is much better as a whole than the games initial launch. Alot of the negative reviews come from the state of the game then. I think it depends on whether you like some of the new game mechanics or not. So if you look at some lets plays it should help you make your mind up. Just don't compare it to RTW as it does it in it's own way.

As for content the dlc campaigns have been worth while and the free additional Imperial Augustus campaign is in some ways better than the Grand Campaign. The other dlc is not really important unless you really need to use a faction. As always just get what you want in a sale. Their is enough in the basic game to be getting on with

• modder_carl_wilsonmodder_carl_wilson Registered Users Posts: 14
    Okay, thanks! :)
  • NoamChomskyNoamChomsky Registered Users Posts: 22
    IMO, yes it's worth it.
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaRegistered Users Posts: 4,787
    Great game in its own right, but with the right mods it becomes a superb game.
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
  • gisgo09gisgo09 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 764

Great game in its own right, but with the right mods it becomes a superb game.

My feelings exactly.
    FX 8370 oc'ed to 4.9ghz
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-z
    16 gig ADATA @1866mhz
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 1442/2250 OC
    960 gig Kingston SSd
    240 gig Kingston SSD
    Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm AIO cooler