Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedRed screen of death

DMFan79DMFan79 ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 407
edited August 2016 in Crashes
Build: 9738.876614

Detailed description: after a couple of minutes a battle starts, the screen turns red and the computer reboots.

Reproduction Steps: I changed the suggested graphic settings from "high" to "custom" as follows:
- Anti-aliasing: from "off" to "on"
- Texture filtering: from "8x" to "4x"
- Grass detail: from "high" to "medium"
- Unit size: from "large" to "ultra"
- Shadow detail: from "high" to "medium"
- Unit detail: from "high" to "ultra"

The game resolution is 1920x1080. If I keep the quality set to "High" (which is the suggested setting) I get no crashes during battles.

The system produced no minidumps after crash and the modified.log is empty. I'm attaching my DxDiag (I took it while the game was running).
Post edited by Matthias CA on

Comments

• ca_guyca_guy Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,171
    Thanks for providing all this, good report. The only other thing we might need is the preference script, can find it here.

To confirm: you can remain crash-free by using high rather than ultra?

Thanks
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA. | Lord name: guise |
  • DMFan79DMFan79 ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 407
    Yes, I've been playing several hours now and so far I haven't got any crash during battles. I'll let you know if things change.

In the meanwhile I'm attaching the file you requested.
This discussion has been closed.