Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressVery low FPS Compared to rig - DXdiag attached

AbuWulffAbuWulff Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 5
edited June 2016 in Performance & Graphics
Build: 9738.876614
Detailed description:
Hey Guys, I've been playing Total war since Medieval 2 total war. But in Rome 2 and Attila i have experienced low fps on the campaign map while pulling good fps while in battle. And ALSO this time i get bad fps on the campaign map 14-25 fps on the lowest settings. what could be wrong? I mean, I know my rig isn't brand spanking new, but atleast it should be able to pull atleast 40 fps in a game like this i reckon.
Drivers are up to date, resoltion change didn't change much, only a couple of frames but looks horrible.

My specs are as following:

Motherboard: MSI Big Bang Xpower ii
GFX: Nvidia GTX 780 Asus DirectCU ii
CPU: I7-4820k
Ram:Corsair Vengance 16 GB 1600MHz

If anyone has a fix, i am willing to try anything. I love the total war series but buying these titles for 60 Euro and then not being able to play on a decent framerate even when on Low settings is definately not okay.

DxDiag:
See attached file.
Post edited by ca_guy on

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 36,657
    Have you tried rolling back to an earlier driver. That seems to have worked for some people.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • AbuWulffAbuWulff Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    I have not tried rolling back to an earlier driver. but how should that help since this is a problem that has been with this pc, both while running win7 and formatted to win10. I have had bad fps on the campaign map since Rome 2 was released.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 36,657
    Several people who have not previously had fps issues are now getting them with the latest Nvidia driver, even though there has been a lot of improvement in game optimisation, and rolling back has resolved the matter in some cases. Obviously there may be other underlying issues, but it's easier to deal with one thing at a time.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Abseloutely. I am rolling back now. Will let you know if it worked or not.
  • steelers708steelers708 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    I have an older system and use Razer Cortex Game Booster for some newer games like this. Here in TW:Warhammer I get 30fps normally by using the Razer Cortex software that gets boosted to a steady 70fps, it may not be of use to you but i thought I'd mention it.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    GFX: Nvidia GTX 650Ti Boost 2Gb
    CPU: AMD FX-8120 Black Edition 3.1Ghz(overclocked to 3.8Ghz)
    Ram:Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz

Okay, so i rolled back the driver and didn't notice any difference. Will try the Razer Cortex Game Booster now. What does it do? Is it an overclocking software?
  • steelers708steelers708 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2016
    When Boost is activated, Razer Cortex suspends processes that your PC doesn’t need to use while in the game, freeing up memory and CPU power which results in less laggy gameplay and improved frames per second, as soon as you're done playing the game Boost deactivates and starts up the processes that were running before.
    Well that seemed to help, haven't checked which processes it shuts down yet but now i get 44 fps on campaign map on medium settings while static and around 35-38 when panning the camera around. Still, i am a bit dissapointed that i have to use 3rd party programs like that to get decent performance when i am pulling around 100 fps in battlefield 4( i know it's an old game now) on high/ultra settings.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file